View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 07:32 AM
psyki
VIP Member

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (May 17, 2009) MERDIN'S WM6.5Pro 4.5 CE OS 5.2.21232(Build 21232 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
it's not that it's bad. i just hate the fact that they are blocking website. i get an error 404 when i try to access some of the speed testing sites.
yet i can check them on my PC and they're fine. i truly hate censorship. and for them to come out on their site saying we can surf any site a PC can, is f-ed up.
The way skyfire works is that their servers act as a proxy for whatever site you go to. So if you go to google.com, the data is routed through skyfire servers first then compressed and sent to your phone. Sites like dslreports and other speed testing sites simply won't work because you're not connected directly to the site.

At least that has been my understanding of how skyfire works, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Like my work? Hit