PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (March 25, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.0 with *Manila 2* (Build 21040 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady4614 View Post
u
found the issue with my end at least if you are having issues with your net and you have your bluetooth turned on turn off your bluetooth your net will work again. same for the ringer. so somehow the problems are connected to the bluetooth. or I could just be stupid cause I have no clue what im doin realy just playin with the phone and backtracking to when it was working.
I found this to work for me......thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work

I have sprint also, that is the only issue with the rom, no crashes at all
Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Man i happy to see that the bugs have went down a handful to just a few.

As a test, for the people having the ringer issue, try install one of the Dialer cabs found on the first page under additional cabs, and see if that fixes it.
Ok I installed the black dialer cab and it seemed to solve my ring issues. I could usually get mine to happen by calling myself a couple times then got to phone options close out and call again.
But in testing this I came across something else that happened earlier but i dismissed as chance. When i go to network service and change from standard to roam it works fine but when i change back to standard the phone freezes on load icon and i have to soft reset. I can duplicate this every time (5 times in a row) when i close clear out of everything in between. Can someone test this?

Also Merdin when i installed the black dialer it made my slide to answer look very odd. Any fix?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaguzzler View Post
Ok I installed the black dialer cab and it seemed to solve my ring issues. I could usually get mine to happen by calling myself a couple times then got to phone options close out and call again.
But in testing this I came across something else that happened earlier but i dismissed as chance. When i go to network service and change from standard to roam it works fine but when i change back to standard the phone freezes on load icon and i have to soft reset. I can duplicate this every time (5 times in a row) when i close clear out of everything in between. Can someone test this?

Also Merdin when i installed the black dialer it made my slide to answer look very odd. Any fix?

for now, just keep the odd looking slide to answer because it has the fix for the ringing issue, but ill update that in the next release.

ill check that roam change thing out see if it occurs on mine.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
for now, just keep the odd looking slide to answer because it has the fix for the ringing issue, but ill update that in the next release.

ill check that roam change thing out see if it occurs on mine.
Thanks

Edit: After more testing the freeze only seems to happen after a phone call on roam then switching back.

Last edited by gorillaguzzler; 03-25-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaguzzler View Post
Thanks

Edit: After more testing the freeze only seems to happen after a phone call on roam then switching back.

ok i tested this out, and not getting the error switching back like you did.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
ok i tested this out, and not getting the error switching back like you did.
Well I cant get it to happen now either that is odd but I never complain when a problem does not come back.
This rom is smooth.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA

MikeyNick is a n00b

Quote:
The first question, the texting in the new manila onlly shows the text recieved, and thats how it functions, you have to use the regular texting feature to see both.
Question 2, you can set up your city and time by pressing on the clock in the home screen, and deleting all the other cities first..
That's weird. It was showing both sent texts and received texts for like... the first 20-30 minutes and then it only showed received, that's why I thought it was a bug.

There is only one city in the list, and I can't delete it. That wasn't my problem though. I can't add my city. Just like the weather tab, when I click "United States", TF3D crashes and asks to relaunch. I can manually change the hour by clicking the time and click the time in there, but it'll always go back to the wrong time on a reset, and sometimes just randomly.

I'm about to try the weather fix that was mentioned at xda, I'll get back on that. I'm also going to try going to the black dialer and see if that fixes the ringing issue. Aside from the few bugs, I'm really enjoying this ROM - most of all, the new texting has no keyboard lag! that was driving me nuts on mighty rom
Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Merdinh, your version of Rhodium Manila is very impressive. Everything works, it's smooth and very slick. Major props!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA

MikeyNick is a n00b

I applied some of the fixes from xda, which solved a few issues. It fixed the time issue, but now it's broken again, and I can't even click the clock now without tf3d crashing, meaning i can't even set alarms. the weather still crashes every time even after the xda fix. also, the fixes from the xda totally kill your ROM! they take away all the personal effects. unfortunately I don't have time to trouble shoot this and get all my classwork done and have a life :-p I'll have to go to something more stable till this is out of beta. But I really like this so I'm looking forward to that day!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development