PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aryehz2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (1-25-2009) MERDIN'S ROM V3.3 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.6.1.0)}onFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Well im thinking that, alot of the people that flash the rom, do not let the Customizations finish all the way they just restart instead.
Sounds reasonable. Weird thing is though, that after you told me that's probably why I was having the battery meter problem, I hard reset, re flashed, let customizations run, hard reset again (which they say is good practice), let customizations run again....and still have the problem. I also still have the problems with the grey qwerty keyboard and the missing voice command. I'm going to try Ali's fix for the VC.

I was thinking of re-downloading 3.3 and starting from scratch but I doubt that would make a difference. I really love the graphics on this version and want to stay with it for a while.

One thing I did think of was that before trying 3.3, I tried building my own ROM with PPC Kitchen and Cualkin's kitchen. I was having problems so I flashed your 3.3. Even after a did all the flashing and hard resetting, I still have the PPC startup splash screen (the one with the Swedish Chef from the Muppets). I don't think that's part of your ROM. Your screens do come up after that. So maybe not everything is cleaning up properly from ROM to ROM.

Anyway, thanks again Meridan. Hope my accessories get here soon
Aryeh
Old 01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ptran504 is a n00b

Love the speed of the rom but I am having some issues. Don't know if it is specific to this rom.

All my contacts have doubles. Like there are two of ever jim and johns. Also. My phone isn't downloading my emails. It says it is "reading headers" then that is it. No messages are downloaded to my phone. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit: Took out the mms arcsoft thing but that didnt do anything.

Last edited by ptran504; 01-27-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptran504 View Post
Love the speed of the rom but I am having some issues. Don't know if it is specific to this rom.

All my contacts have doubles. Like there are two of ever jim and johns. Also. My phone isn't downloading my emails. It says it is "reading headers" then that is it. No messages are downloaded to my phone. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit: Took out the mms arcsoft thing but that didnt do anything.
hmm thats a first time i heard about double contacts, and the email error on my rom, try harware resetting that might do the trick.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

blkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good work

Quote:
hmm thats a first time i heard about double contacts, and the email error on my rom, try harware resetting that might do the trick.

Double contacts usually come from using Active Sync to sync contacts as well as restoring contacts from PIM Backup...When I backup now, I don't backup my appointments or contacts as they are synced with Active Sync anyway. That elimates duplicate contacts and calendar entries...At least this was my experience.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

ive run into this problem before...you can use this program to delete duplicates...
Attached Files
File Type: cab dupededupe.cab (71.9 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Echoman01 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: (1-25-2009) MERDIN'S ROM V3.3 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.6.1.0)}onFire

Very nice graphics for this ROM. One of the best i've ever seen!
Question: when selecting the camera icon on the bottom of the home-screen, I only see the ability for the camera to take pictures. The video icon is no longer there in this ROM. Is it somewhere else now? Or is it not included as part of the ROM? Thanks.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoman01 View Post
Question: when selecting the camera icon on the bottom of the home-screen, I only see the ability for the camera to take pictures. The video icon is no longer there in this ROM. Is it somewhere else now? Or is it not included as part of the ROM? Thanks.
once your in the camera to take a photo click on the screen then click on the camera icon, and youll find the video recorder in there.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

loube is just getting started

i troll around this forum quite a bit and would like to thank you for your ROM it's the bomb
Old 01-28-2009, 09:36 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
well im working on a update, not sure how long it will take, could be by the end of the week.
If there is an update please dont remove the mcenter and file explorer. But I do have a question can I link the file explorer button with Resco Explorer? Is there a registry edit for this?

Thanks,

ALi
Old 01-28-2009, 12:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

ScruffyDuffles is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ScruffyDuffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoman01 View Post
That's weird, the video icon is still under the camera icon on my TP...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development