PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Internet Sharing:

all the places i have looked for sprint internet sharing hacks.. see different things...and when i check on this ROM.. i do not see any of them in place... is the info i found old or inaccurate...?

it has said to delete ForceCellConnection key, which is found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings

i have also read ...:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing] Delete Extension key, set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal). [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings] Set ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

what was the change made on this ROM to allow internet sharing..?

bluetooth vs usb....?
i have only tried via bluetooth and speed is 1 Mbps ... i think my friend said that connecting via USB is 54 Mbps per second.. is that true? USB is that much quicker...?

are there any other advantages with using PDAnet or WMwifirouter?

Last edited by itouch24; 02-03-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by icanbeatali View Post
Good to know you aren't dead or anything, cause that would have been sad.
OMGawd... you are funny..

Glad to see you back.

Hope you will spend some time with us as well...
Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this is prob the 5th ? i asked regarding this ROM that hasnt been answered so i am not expecting this to get answered either .. but hey .. its worth a try...

i downloaded the sprint picmail on post #3
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...27&postcount=3

it installed fine .. is this the only version i need?.. i am guessing it has the sprint update for picmail that was shortly released after the sprint htc touch pro was released...

my issue is that i can send but cannot receive...

when i send the person tells me that they received but on my phone it still show pending... when they send me something i get nothing...

and now there seems to be no way to uninstall this... i do not even see sprint picmail in the remove programs app in settings... i tried to reinstall the same cab and it says that it will remove the previous version.. i say ok... then it stated that it cannot be removed... do u want to continue installing...

Please help with picmail
Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
Internet Sharing:

all the places i have looked for sprint internet sharing hacks.. see different things...and when i check on this ROM.. i do not see any of them in place... is the info i found old or inaccurate...?

it has said to delete ForceCellConnection key, which is found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings

i have also read ...:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing] Delete Extension key, set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal). [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings] Set ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

what was the change made on this ROM to allow internet sharing..?

bluetooth vs usb....?
i have only tried via bluetooth and speed is 1 Mbps ... i think my friend said that connecting via USB is 54 Mbps per second.. is that true? USB is that much quicker...?

are there any other advantages with using PDAnet or WMwifirouter?
you dont need to use the registry edits ive said it about a million times use internet sharing i have included it and its 100% safe. the tethering tracking dll has been removed.

you only need the reg edits if your using Wmodem. which i don't even include.

common guys im starting to get tired of repeating my self. i must have to say this at least once a week. i shouldn't have to.

also the connection from your phone to PC is useless to gauge speed as the actual speed of your EVDO connection coming in wont be any more then 3Mb/s max. most only get around 1500Kb/s

USB connects at 480 Mb/s but your internet is only max 3.0Mb/s you do the math.

Wifi connects at 54 Mb/s and bluetooth well i forget its speed rating.. but you get the point

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 02-03-2009 at 10:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
this is prob the 5th ? i asked regarding this ROM that hasnt been answered so i am not expecting this to get answered either .. but hey .. its worth a try...

i downloaded the sprint picmail on post #3
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...27&postcount=3

it installed fine .. is this the only version i need?.. i am guessing it has the sprint update for picmail that was shortly released after the sprint htc touch pro was released...

my issue is that i can send but cannot receive...

when i send the person tells me that they received but on my phone it still show pending... when they send me something i get nothing...

and now there seems to be no way to uninstall this... i do not even see sprint picmail in the remove programs app in settings... i tried to reinstall the same cab and it says that it will remove the previous version.. i say ok... then it stated that it cannot be removed... do u want to continue installing...

Please help with picmail
go to power deck and download the latest MMS. If your question doesn't get answered its most likely because ive answered it already and people are trying to ween you to using the search function.

the sprint MMS update has been reported to work no issues. MMS issue are not rom related never have been. its just sprints crap software with there junk network = fun times. oh yah\, sprint MMS works better on a sprint radio. just throwing that out htere. and PRL/Profile updater WILL NOT work on any radio but sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work

Hey juggalo. What are you thinking of adding with your new rom.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

GPS tracking, and maybe a different Flash light app. i havnt came across anything els really that is a must have.

has any one tested sprint music store lately? because the version of opera included does in fact work with WMP plugins.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
VIP Member

i tried this as with n no luck: Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.69.44

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=473296

but i hear what u are saying about it not being a ROM issue
Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
you dont need to use the registry edits ive said it about a million times use internet sharing i have included it and its 100% safe. the tethering tracking dll has been removed.

you only need the reg edits if your using Wmodem. which i don't even include.

common guys im starting to get tired of repeating my self. i must have to say this at least once a week. i shouldn't have to.

also the connection from your phone to PC is useless to gauge speed as the actual speed of your EVDO connection coming in wont be any more then 3Mb/s max. most only get around 1500Kb/s

USB connects at 480 Mb/s but your internet is only max 3.0Mb/s you do the math.

Wifi connects at 54 Mb/s and bluetooth well i forget its speed rating.. but you get the point
i am sorry for the repeat question and i thank u for taking the time to repeat it once more...

as far as the data speeds .. thanks as well... so on a perfect day the max speed will be the highest of 3Mbps ... so all the other readings that u get are BS .. being that evdo doesnt offer anything higher...

so i guess USB is the way to go if want to get the 3Mbps ... bluetooth is convenient but it looks that the max bluetooth will offer is 1Mbps
Old 02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
i am sorry for the repeat question and i thank u for taking the time to repeat it once more...

as far as the data speeds .. thanks as well... so on a perfect day the max speed will be the highest of 3Mbps ... so all the other readings that u get are BS .. being that evdo doesnt offer anything higher...

so i guess USB is the way to go if want to get the 3Mbps ... bluetooth is convenient but it looks that the max bluetooth will offer is 1Mbps
usb is always best because it will charge for you as well

just plug it in and click internet sharing.

and yes your correct on the best of sunny days down hill with the wind at its back EVDO will will only achieve the highest of 3.0Mb/s in Rev A coverage.

as for MMS it has had an annoying track record of just working when it feels like it. its been rather frustrating for every one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development