PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: [1-06-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.06B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
No idea's on the word completion thing juggalo?

I really really want to turn that off so I can type messages without wanting to throw my phone though the wall. Apparently the screen keyboard pops up without me asking now as well when i get to a page where you can enter text.
yah im working on the on screen KB now, as for the word completion i shut it off, seems to help with the KB lag. its an inerrant issue with Windows mobile that causes lag. i havnt really found any resolution to it

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pmal19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [1-06-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.06B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

quick question about this rom... I unlocked my phone and flashed this rom, I noticed that when i hard reset it is successful but as opposed to loading up the defult phone settings it reloads Jugg's rom and goes through that alignment and programs installation ect. My question is that if I want to flash back to the original os or a different os will I be alright? I wasnt sure if you had to go back to the original os to flash a custom rom or if you could go to custom to custom. The only reason I am considering no longer using this rom is because I ran into a problem where after having the texting inbox menu up after a few minutes it will close out and not let me view my inbox, the phone works fine but I can no longer access the inbox from any menu items, I can click it but it simply does not go.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
yah im working on the on screen KB now, as for the word completion i shut it off, seems to help with the KB lag. its an inerrant issue with Windows mobile that causes lag. i havnt really found any resolution to it
You mean in the update your going to post you took it out?
Cause if you mean for .06b, it not working for me.

Even with the word completion shut off on .05, i had keyboard lag all the time. I duno if it was a D3D issue, or just my phone issue. It had that lag out problem all the time in programs and games, where everything just stops processing. I'm really hoping the D3D update will fix this.

It looks like you took out the touch stuff as well for the sensitivity d-pad. Which is okay with me. I had so many miss calls. I'd aarow up or down to where I needed to be, and all of a sudden be 15 contacts up without touching the screen or the d-pad.

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 01-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmal19 View Post
quick question about this rom... I unlocked my phone and flashed this rom, I noticed that when i hard reset it is successful but as opposed to loading up the defult phone settings it reloads Jugg's rom and goes through that alignment and programs installation ect. My question is that if I want to flash back to the original os or a different os will I be alright? I wasnt sure if you had to go back to the original os to flash a custom rom or if you could go to custom to custom. The only reason I am considering no longer using this rom is because I ran into a problem where after having the texting inbox menu up after a few minutes it will close out and not let me view my inbox, the phone works fine but I can no longer access the inbox from any menu items, I can click it but it simply does not go.
You can keep flashin whatever you want as many times as you want.
If you want to go back to the stock rom, there is a link for it, downoad the RUU and install it instead, just like you did this rom
Old 01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

ok everything but the weather is working now.... stupid arse canadian cities keep populating ur list.

also until i track down the sisashmi or w/e its called issue. is there any way i can just edit the config file to reference start rather then installation.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
ok everything but the weather is working now.... stupid arse canadian cities keep populating ur list.

also until i track down the sisashmi or w/e its called issue. is there any way i can just edit the config file to reference start rather then installation.
I just wanted to say that I have used Sashimi 7.9 on all of your releases by installing to my storage card and have had zero issues.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

The weather is one of the poorest things that sprint did on the phone.

I should look up sashemi, or whatever, to see what the hype is. heh.
Everything works great for me, duno why i would need it.

Can't wait till you have her uploaded juggalo!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
I just wanted to say that I have used Sashimi 7.9 on all of your releases by installing to my storage card and have had zero issues.
thanks for the heads up!

V0.06.02B for both providers will be up soon!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work

I also have been using Shashimi since day 1 with no problems. Actually I also used it on v6 for Sprint and it worked with no problems at all for me.

Cant wait for the new ROM!

-Sayajin
Old 01-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayajin View Post
I also have been using Shashimi since day 1 with no problems. Actually I also used it on v6 for Sprint and it worked with no problems at all for me.

Cant wait for the new ROM!

-Sayajin
i ahve a feeling the user who reported it as broken may have been running an older version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development