PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4x View Post
I'm back on the Juggalo rom again after a month without. As an Alltel user, it's the only ROM other than conflippers alltel rom that will allow me to reconnect my data connection after it's been turned off. Not the greatest battery life, but at least I don't have to keep my data connection active 24/7/365! Anyone else experience any trouble like this?
That sounds strange. I've used 10 or more different roms around here and never had that problem. What rom in particular did you have this problem with, and how do you mean you couldn't reconnect, like...were you getting an error message or something?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sm4x is a n00b
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
That sounds strange. I've used 10 or more different roms around here and never had that problem. What rom in particular did you have this problem with, and how do you mean you couldn't reconnect, like...were you getting an error message or something?

Off the top of my head, I've run Juicy 4.7 up to 5.0, MightyROM 4.6 up to 4.16, one of JD's, GC's, Conflippers, Juggalo's, and more.

Conflipper and Juggalo's work fine

The others work after a fresh install and after a hard reset. If I disable the data connection in the comm manager to save battery life or to connect to my home wifi, I won't be able to connect the data connection again. To clarify, the phone says it's connected, but I have no connectivity...can't pull a web page, can't send/receive email, etc. The only way to do any of that is to reconnect to my wifi and use it instead, or hard reset which is getting to be a pain.

It ACTS like a DNS problem, but I haven't figured out how to ping from the phone to test it, or to adjust the dns settings for just the data connection.
Several of these ROMs disable my EPST access as well, so I can't get in there to check or change the settings.

I'd love to be running some of these newer ROMS because they are extremely fast and have great battery life, but when I get stuck using wifi, it's a deal killer. Juggalo's has been a nice fall back, but I wish I could get to the bottom of this once and for all.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:36 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Have you ever tried doing the *228 option 3. That might fix your problem.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sm4x is a n00b

Yeah, I haven't tried it with each rom, but I may try the Mightyrom 4.16 again tonight and make sure to give it a try.

I do know it didn't work when I was on Juicy 4.7/Mightyrom 4.7, but hey anything's worth a shot if it'll do the trick!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:22 AM
VIP Member

Cool...let me know if you have problems and we can run through some things. You can send me a private message. Also, always make sure you hard reset after flashing a rom by going to Start-Settings-Sytem tab-Clear Storage. (ignore the nand option)
Old 04-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

kenhen93 is a n00b

This is still the best Rom. Flashed to Mighty Rom and came back to this. HAs anyone been able to get FM Radio working on this Rom? It installs fine but when I plug in the headset and start FM radio App, the windows busy circle (whatever you call it) just keeps spinning...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

miguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to miguelfp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhen93 View Post
This is still the best Rom. Flashed to Mighty Rom and came back to this. HAs anyone been able to get FM Radio working on this Rom? It installs fine but when I plug in the headset and start FM radio App, the windows busy circle (whatever you call it) just keeps spinning...
FM Radio doesn't work on the CDMA Touch Pros, at least not yet...

If one of my posts helped you, don't forget to click !!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

I know this rom is kind of old and outdated, but it's been so stable. I've tried all the other roms with the updates sys, the 6.5 rom and I always find myself flashing back to this one. This rom is so good, I dropped my Touch Pro into a cup of coffee and it still works. Thanks to this rom.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I know this rom is kind of old and outdated, but it's been so stable. I've tried all the other roms with the updates sys, the 6.5 rom and I always find myself flashing back to this one. This rom is so good, I dropped my Touch Pro into a cup of coffee and it still works. Thanks to this rom.
I couldn't agree more! With the exception of the coffee cup. My dog did pee on mine however... It still works, and doesn't even smell! But in all seriousness, best custom Sprint ROM - in my opinion.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cenatix is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I agree also. I get great reception with this rom and it's very stable. I have tried other people's roms and the reception isn't the greatest and the 6.5 roms I'm constantly getting dropped calls and unstable EVDO connections. I too, find myself going back to this rom after trying others.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development