PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

LeoKnightas is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

This is still the best Rom out there. In Juggs absence I've tried several other Roms, but I keep flashing back to Jugg's. JUGGS WE MISS YOU MAN!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

i am having an issue with my screen jumping around and all the info getting scrambled on the screen... like when i bring up my onscreen keyboard for example... or press an icon on the taskbar... i am running this ROM .. but we know it isnt a ROM issue... so i hardreset the device and now with back to default clean ROM i am still experiencing the same things... the screen gets all choppy at time and scrambled... u guys think this is a hardware issue?

for me to bring it back to sprint store i have to put stock ROM back on the device...

i found this thread :
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

Sprint:
OS for returning to stock: (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar

do i just run this .... the phone is already unlocked from installing Juggalo ROM ... correct?

can anyone just please chime in that reverted back to sprint ROM from this one... thanks

Last edited by itouch24; 03-05-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
i am having an issue with my screen jumping around and all the info getting scrambled on the screen... like when i bring up my onscreen keyboard for example... or press an icon on the taskbar... i am running this ROM .. but we know it isnt a ROM issue... so i hardreset the device and now with back to default clean ROM i am still experiencing the same things... the screen gets all choppy at time and scrambled... u guys think this is a hardware issue?
I've noticed this happening occasionally too. I've run this ROM since it was released, but it didn't start happening until last week or so. I'm really kinda hoping this isn't a hardware issue, as the screen doesn't always jump around. I should also note that this only happens in Landscape view.

Anyone else having this happen?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
VIP Member

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen View Post
I've noticed this happening occasionally too. I've run this ROM since it was released, but it didn't start happening until last week or so. I'm really kinda hoping this isn't a hardware issue, as the screen doesn't always jump around. I should also note that this only happens in Landscape view.

mine is happening all over ... no difference between landscape and portrait ... is intermittant as well but mostly when scrolling on a page and sometimes between switching screens... like there is a lack of ram or something .. or trble with graphics card...

allot of the time ... i will get things duplicatred.. like on the top right if i hit arrow to sort by date/ name etc.. i see everything twice... this is not once in a blue moon either... happening allot making it an issue... want to test on stock ROM and then bring into sprint store... but just have to figure out how to get back to stock rom correctly and then locked again ... i didnt see a thread on how to set back to default carrier ROM and then relock

Last edited by itouch24; 03-05-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

a hard-reset doesn't hurt every now and then
Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM
VIP Member

i hard reset about 10 times... and with nothing on the phone i am getting this trble.. that is what is worrying me
Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hTc Touch Pro 2

jlee226 is a n00b

im having the same kind of problem onlyin landscape mode. when i try to enter a new contact with the slide out keyboard, i see the cursor moving where the data is supposed to be entered but no letters appear. and in other apps the words appear squished together and unreadable. some tabs that have headings in portrait mode disappear in landscape. help please!!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

Quote:
mine is happening all over ... no difference between landscape and portrait ... is intermittant as well but mostly when scrolling on a page and sometimes between switching screens... like there is a lack of ram or something .. or trble with graphics card...

allot of the time ... i will get things duplicatred.. like on the top right if i hit arrow to sort by date/ name etc.. i see everything twice... this is not once in a blue moon either... happening allot making it an issue... want to test on stock ROM and then bring into sprint store... but just have to figure out how to get back to stock rom correctly and then locked again ... i didnt see a thread on how to set back to default carrier ROM and then relock
This thread should get you the original ROM you need, and this thread should have the re-locker for you. I hope these help you out some.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

Quote:

for me to bring it back to sprint store i have to put stock ROM back on the device...

i found this thread :
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

Sprint:
OS for returning to stock: (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar

do i just run this .... the phone is already unlocked from installing Juggalo ROM ... correct?

can anyone just please chime in that reverted back to sprint ROM from this one... thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen View Post

Quote:

Quote:
i hard reset about 10 times... and with nothing on the phone i am getting this trble.. that is what is worrying me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee226 View Post
im having the same kind of problem onlyin landscape mode. when i try to enter a new contact with the slide out keyboard, i see the cursor moving where the data is supposed to be entered but no letters appear. and in other apps the words appear squished together and unreadable. some tabs that have headings in portrait mode disappear in landscape. help please!!

if it's anything like this, mine had the same probs... took it back for another... (my rumor did the same, ended up being a cable problem. sprint told me it's a known issue and fixed the rumor for free)
but for my TP, i was still in the 30 day window...

-u
Old 03-06-2009, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

yes.. its the same issue...happens in portrait and landscape mode... intermittent.... i tried 3 different ROMS and sprint ROM and the trble followed... sometimes happens more then other times...

would they replace the phone if it is under a year old... isnt there a one year manufactory warranty?

or u would have to ship it out somewhere?

Is there any screen diagnostics they can do to check on trble... like ##xxxx# ... then see hardware trble there or somthing ... trying to get as much info as possible.. because when i go in there if i cant get it to duplicate ... they will be like ... no trouble found

Last edited by itouch24; 03-06-2009 at 10:31 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development