PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Juggalo,
Understand you're strapped for time, but wondered if you had noticed this post in your Diamond ROM thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
Let me know if you are still in need of a diamond for testing purposes.
I am still hoping you eventually have time to release an updated Diamond ROM. My diamond misses you
Old 02-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Diamonds are for girls.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Bell)
Carrier: Bell Mobillity

meso is a n00b

i have been running the telus ver. on bell and have noticed no real problems. good work. been flying around trying a tone of roms, this is the only one i have found that doesn't have start menu lag and still runs fast with nice fade effects and other visuals. since i came from my touch running nfsfans rom, i have not been able to find anything that satisfies me likes is, until i flashed to you. thanks again for the great work, can't wait for a update.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrtomaso is keeping up the good workmrtomaso is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post
i have been running the telus ver. on bell and have noticed no real problems. good work. been flying around trying a tone of roms, this is the only one i have found that doesn't have start menu lag and still runs fast with nice fade effects and other visuals. since i came from my touch running nfsfans rom, i have not been able to find anything that satisfies me likes is, until i flashed to you. thanks again for the great work, can't wait for a update.
I concur.

This was one of the few times I've donated to a developer. $10 for a upgrade to a $400 phone is a KILLER deal in my opinion.

thanks again juggalo. Prior to your rom (about 6 weeks ago), I was NOT happy with the touch pro.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G baby!

bwillet is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
I'm having an issue trying to flash to this ROM. I was running Mighty ROM and decide to try this one. Did the update and it seemed like it went fine. However, when it tries to boot, after the update. it seems to hang at the Touch Pro screen with the red numbers at the bottom and never goes any further.

I have loaded the ROM twice now(once thru active synce and once using the Boot Loader, since I could not get into the software itself, but can get to the bootloader)

Any ideas what to try? Not sure why this won't load(I even redownloaded it). MightyROM loads fine(only other one I tried).

**EDIT**

Found a copy of 0.07B and that worked perfectly. Now that 0.07B is up, gonna retry 0.08B and see if it takes.

***2ND EDIT ***
Did not work. I CAN load 0.07B without issue, but CANNOT load 0.08B. 0.08B hangs at the Touch Pro with red text at bottom screen everytime. I can get back to the bootloader tho(thankfully).
Chuck IV, it really sounds like you still have a corrupted download. Try clearing your cache and save it to a different location. Before you unpack it, rename the file to something else, as I've had my unarchiver get confused and use temp files that were already there before, and I was unzipping a newer version. Maybe your original had a byte off or something, and the archiver doesn't think there's any difference? Just throwing some ideas out... Good luck.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

I'll give that a try. I did download it from a different place(Megaupload) and did notice that the .rar filesize of that one was slightly larger than the one I downloaded here. However upon unzipping it, the RUU file was the same size.

**EDIT**
Nope didn;t work. Cleare browser cache, downloaded to a diofferent location, renamed rar file before unzipping and still the same.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for another build.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 02-08-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i ran this ROM for the past week and at first it was great. speed for most apps was above average and opera loaded crazy fast! the past few days though, the phones responsiveness has slowed considerably.....i haven't installed anything new since initially flashing or changed any settings. i soft reset when it gets really bad, but even after that reset, it's not performing like it was the first 4-5 days. weird.... i have to say though, battery life on this ROM is phenomenal!....that fact alone will most likely bring me back to this ROM after i try a couple of the others. i will keep an eye out for an update and try it out again.
Juggalo,
thanks for your work!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
i ran this ROM for the past week and at first it was great. speed for most apps was above average and opera loaded crazy fast! the past few days though, the phones responsiveness has slowed considerably.....i haven't installed anything new since initially flashing or changed any settings. i soft reset when it gets really bad, but even after that reset, it's not performing like it was the first 4-5 days. weird.... i have to say though, battery life on this ROM is phenomenal!....that fact alone will most likely bring me back to this ROM after i try a couple of the others. i will keep an eye out for an update and try it out again.
Juggalo,
thanks for your work!
I totally agree. Fast as hell first few days, now I get lag. But it is still not worth changing...I hate flashing new ROM
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
Juggalo,
thanks for your work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
I totally agree. Fast as hell first few days, now I get lag. But it is still not worth changing...I hate flashing new ROM
I've been experiencing the same thing actually. It was awesome when I first flashed, but now a few days later the phone has me wanting to launch it out a window.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

rom is still flying for me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development