PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logs View Post
I have been running V0.08B Sprint since the minute it came out. I have never had to reset my phone since I loaded this ROM, and I have tons of random software installed on there. It is stable as can be.

However, my previous phone: A Sprint Mogul, suffered from this issue of sleeping and not waking up several times daily. I tried many custom roms, and eventually went back to stock and the issue persisted. I concluded that it was a hardware issue, and that is exactly why I had to upgrade to a Touch Pro.

I really hope that's not the case, but keep it in mind as a possibility. Try other ROMs and see what happens. Or maybe it was a fluke and a hard reset would take care of it.
I have tried other rom's.. Mighty's, GC's Kitchen, Stock. None of them gave me this problem, just this one. I thought it was my device, but now I saw that someone else is having that issue!!

What radio are you guys using?? I'm on 1.04 from Tellus. Maybe that is the culprit.

Anyone else?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

custom-software is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to custom-software Send a message via Yahoo to custom-software
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

I"m having the same problem -phone sleeps and will not wake up. I've bee running juggalo since 0.02b... before that ivans, before that jd's version 2 series, which was my first non-stock flash. I've seen postings on several forums about this issue, so it is not specific to Juggalo, but does seem to happen with this rom. A coworker of mine also runs juggalo (his first non-stock) and he says the same thing. LOVE the rom though!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think Juggalo gave this rom som Red Bull because it works so well and fast but then it just sleeps and its hard to wake up!! LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 03:08 AM
N00b

gordec is just getting started

Ok, the Pro won't wake up again. This seem to happen every other day which can be a pretty annoy issue. I just installed SBP Traveler and left it running while I turned the LCD off. After soft reset, I tried it again by opening SBP Traveler and shutting down LCD, this time phone woke up. So I have no idea what's causing it. Stock Sprint never had this issue.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tike012 is a n00b

I noticed the no-wake-up issue as well running 0.08. More importantly, 2 days ago I installed Flexilis mobile security software and did a soft-reset. I don't know if this software was the problem (good chance), but the phone became unusably laggy upon rebooting. I immediately uninstalled Flexilis but to no avail. I did a hard-reset to no avail. I re-flashed 0.08, then tried MightyROM, then stock ROM and SPL--no improvement. I went into Sprint yesterday to get my phone replaced and now am hesitant about flashing too much. I was pretty confident that installing Flexilis most likely caused the problem, but I have installed that same software on the same phone before with no problem--so what could it be? The news that others have been experiencing the no-wake-up problem is disconcerting since that happened to me several times before my phone effectively bricked.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:28 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

juggalo i think you need to check your photo bucket pictures, maybe pick a new provider lol, cause none of your pictures are working in your initial post :-p
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

tinypic.com That's what i use
Old 01-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

I am completely new to even having a PPC let alone sticking custom ROM on one. I am considering using the JUGG ROM but am concerned about a couple things.
1) When I flash it, will I lose all the apps that I already installed?
2) I see posts saying that there are sleep issues and not being able to make calls. Are these valid bugs and are there more that I should be aware of?
3) Is the ROM complete? Do I need to add any other programs to have all the functionality of the stock ROM?

Last edited by buggerritt; 01-26-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
I am completely new to even having a PPC let alone sticking custom ROM on one. I am considering using the JUGG ROM but am concerned about a couple things.
1) When I flash it, will I lose all the apps that I already installed?
2) I see posts saying that there are sleep issues and not being able to make calls. Are these valid bugs and are there more that I should be aware of?
3) Is the ROM complete? Do I need to add any other programs to have all the functionality of the stock ROM?
1) yes, you will lose the apps you already installed, but not always. If you install apps to your device and then flash....Yup, they are gone. If you flash to your SD card, they remain on the SD card, but the shortcut to them in your programs of your device is gone (easy fix, copy the exe from your SD card and paste the SHORTCUT to your start menu program files). PM me if you have questions. But more importantly, I would just advice you to keep copies of the cab files you find yourself needing. I have a copy of each cab I install in like 3 places.

2)3) This rom is amazing, and complete. There are always updates that a chef (in this case Juggs) will add in the new release, but this is FULLY functional and pretty darn amazing. Do some research as to how to flash (there is a sticky on it) and once you are ready, flash your TP. Good Luck!

If this has helped you at all, please hit that little green thanks button.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

Bugger-

1) Yes, you will lose all of the apps you had before that Juggs did not include in the ROM itself. Everything can be put back on very easily. A list if what he includes in his ROM can be found on page 1....

2) I have not had any problems with the sleep issue or missed calls. Actually, one time my phone must have froze up over night and did not charge and I had to soft reset but not sure this was due to the ROM.,,

3) Make sure you unlock your phone first before flashing Juggs ROM. Directions can be found in the sticky at the top of the TP forum. After that, flash the ROM and all of the stock programs that Juggs took out he has been nice enough to post on the first page as well so you can add them yourself.

Hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development