PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 05:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

gguruusa: how did you get the different Splash Screens? why does your builderOS look different? (background)

Since the TP has the extra needed RAM what is the best setting for PagePool size?

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Last edited by meanfishy; 12-17-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

i manually added the sprint splash screen and the correct WM6.1 pic after i flashed. the sprint gif is not included in the kitchen but i copied it from my stock rom.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Startup_640x480.zip (1.30 MB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip welcomehead.192.zip (239.0 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I've flashed using the 20931 kitchen and can comment on 1 and 3.

HTC Youtube works fine. Never had a problem with it. Also the battery levels show 1% increments fine too. (now if I could only increase battery life, that would be a trick)

I'm not sure if that helps but #1 and #3 definitely work on my TP.
I just did a completely new kitchen install along with the mandatory update. I started with a 20931 base and selected ONLY YouTube... default images, flashed the rom, open YouTube, error: not signed or missing components.

WTF?
Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

BTW here are a couple splash images I put together using Vista orbs:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VistaOrGlass.jpg (22.1 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg VistaOrbBtn.jpg (35.8 KB, 51 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
1. HTC YouTube does not work at all. Error: "The file 'YouTube' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found." I don't know if it's a signing problem or just a missing file (exe is there). I've tried 4-5 other installations (ranging from straight VGA, Diamond dump, YouTube QVGA + VGA skin, ghetto patching, and even a French one which works great except that the sound doesn't work). I tried cooking a very simple rom with just YouTube selected and still got the same error, as well as in built 20924 and 20755 (no change).
I know youtube works, so either you didn't build in a needed component (or we haven't forced it in), or we haven't pushed a fix yet.

Quote:
4. Startup animation doesn't work unless its OEM is selected ("Startup Animation" in BOOT OPTIONS). This is the first time I've changed the animation because the Sprint one is actually a 320x240 GIF expanded to 640x480 --> grainy. Leaving it at 'Default' still overwrites the animation on the phone. The result is a black screen instead of an animation + a system error beep (for file not found I assume).
That's the way it works. Startup animation is an optional .dll that plays an animation file. There shouldn't be a <default> selection for animation - we'll fix that.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
gguruusa: how did you get the different Splash Screens? why does your builderOS look different? (background)
Theres a library of splash screens - check the view menu.
My background looks different because I ride the short bus.

Quote:
Since the TP has the extra needed RAM what is the best setting for PagePool size?
There isn't a one size fits all answer. Pick something reasonable, run with it.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-17-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: VZW

slyfox7 is a n00b

can i use this kitchen with vzw
Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I know youtube works, so either you didn't build in a needed component (or we haven't forced it in), or we haven't pushed a fix yet.
Thanks for your help! I've talked to one person who insists it works (plus you) and maybe 3-4 who are having the same problem as me.

Here's the latest discussion about the iffy YouTube OEM in the latest kitchen: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49296&page=2

I've tried all 3 builds as a base, with and without other crap, and even with only the YouTube_VGA OEM .. all give the same error. As do the 3 or so cabs I've tried installing on various roms cooked in the kitchen.

How can one be sure whether it's a missing file or lack of persmission/certificate/signing? I get the same error with HTC Audio Manager in this kitchen BTW.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post

There isn't a one size fits all answer. Pick something reasonable, run with it.

Ok, what is something "reasonable" or is it best to leave it default?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

blankd3ckskat3r is just getting started

can someone please help me? everyone skipped over my post. my sms keeps telling me its unread when i in fact read it, i have to go into the threaded messages nd scroll over the message for it to say read. i tried both arcsoft mms packages included in the kitchen and im usin 20931

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development