View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 AM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
1. HTC YouTube does not work at all. Error: "The file 'YouTube' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found." I don't know if it's a signing problem or just a missing file (exe is there). I've tried 4-5 other installations (ranging from straight VGA, Diamond dump, YouTube QVGA + VGA skin, ghetto patching, and even a French one which works great except that the sound doesn't work). I tried cooking a very simple rom with just YouTube selected and still got the same error, as well as in built 20924 and 20755 (no change).
I know youtube works, so either you didn't build in a needed component (or we haven't forced it in), or we haven't pushed a fix yet.

Quote:
4. Startup animation doesn't work unless its OEM is selected ("Startup Animation" in BOOT OPTIONS). This is the first time I've changed the animation because the Sprint one is actually a 320x240 GIF expanded to 640x480 --> grainy. Leaving it at 'Default' still overwrites the animation on the phone. The result is a black screen instead of an animation + a system error beep (for file not found I assume).
That's the way it works. Startup animation is an optional .dll that plays an animation file. There shouldn't be a <default> selection for animation - we'll fix that.