PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46526)

Kolano 12-20-2008 03:06 PM

Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolano (Post 589332)
I am seeing an issue with the "Black Manila Dialer". It seems the "Call History" and "Calendar" buttons shown during a call are not being updated appropriately. The ones from "Diamond/Raphael Dialer White" seem to be showing up instead.

This same problem is also present for the landscape mode images.

jdin6800 12-20-2008 04:30 PM

Why the lack of a colorful manila like the one that comes on the stock sprint rom? The Raphael ones don't load when cooked into a rom, and the "pick this if you're unsure of which to use" one simply titled 'manila' is very bland. Can't I have a VZW rom with the sprint colored manila without the sprint tabs on it? I'm very surprised no one has made a "Customizable on the fly" version of manila, unless I'm just missing it.

da1stprince 12-20-2008 07:35 PM

in the kitchen list, what is the difference between manila-sprint and manila-raphael? do you also have to enable the touch option for it to work?

tom6433 12-20-2008 09:27 PM

anyone else have the issue of not being able to change the earpieace volume while in a call? the side volume buttons just increase or decrease system or ring volume.

aaronvlee 12-21-2008 12:13 AM

I got it thanks!!! Now just to solve the speed issue...any suggestions?

Kolano 12-21-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronvlee (Post 590890)
I got it thanks!!! Now just to solve the speed issue...any suggestions?

Not sure, can you provide more details regarding what "speed issue" you are talking about?

da1stprince 12-21-2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1stprince (Post 590531)
in the kitchen list, what is the difference between manila-sprint and manila-raphael? do you also have to enable the touch option for it to work?

answered my own question....

nursemm05 12-21-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1stprince (Post 590964)
answered my own question....

and for the rest of us... the answer is?

aaronvlee 12-21-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolano (Post 590960)
Not sure, can you provide more details regarding what "speed issue" you are talking about?

lol...I'm typing this using my touch pro...I'm just speaking aboutmore of a preferred speed than an actual speed "issue." I was surprised to see this guy with a touch pro on youtube flying through menus faster than any iphone I've seen so far. He had ROMeOS flashed to his phone it was fast as hell. Think something like that will ever come to VZW's Touch Pro? I would kill for something like that...

Exil3d 12-21-2008 05:25 PM

Hey.. I heard that you need to cook d3d drivers if you want them to take effect. s that true? Or can you just install then thru a cab?

meanfishy 12-21-2008 10:04 PM

I added the "delete all" / "mark all as read" into my ROM and now whenever I select it my BT screen comes up asking if I want to search for a device to connect.

Exil3d 12-21-2008 10:13 PM

Hey.. I get a G-reloc error. Cant open file. I have updated the kitchen.. and still no salsa. And the rom dont get past the 1st boot screen.

1900 12-21-2008 10:55 PM

File Create Error

I'm having a problem, The build dies with a dialog:

Kitchens\PPCkitchen_OEM)VGA.rar

File create error (C:\Docuemnts and Settings\admin\Application Data\hIq\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.3.0Temp\temp\dump\dnsapl.dll

The drive is not full; a directory exists with that name (after the error cause the app to stop)

Exil3d 12-22-2008 01:27 AM

One question. If I wanna cook different d3d drivers.... where do I put them? In the kictchens dir.? And does it have to be in zip format? Or what format?

Kolano 12-22-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 592534)
One question. If I wanna cook different d3d drivers.... where do I put them? In the kictchens dir.? And does it have to be in zip format? Or what format?

I think you should be able to create you own OEM to install/overwrite the relevant file. Though you may need to confirm overwriting files during build. The OEMizer can help get this started with such.

Exil3d 12-22-2008 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolano (Post 592580)
I think you should be able to create you own OEM to install/overwrite the relevant file. Though you may need to confirm overwriting files during build. The OEMizer can help get this started with such.

I see............... I am a little familiar with that. BUt for some reason I cant get past the first splash screen when I make a rom using the kitchen. I though the radio was old but I read that if I have the Pro then I dont need to upgrade the radio. Anyone using the kitchen came across that issue. I get stuick at the first splash screen with the red letter at the bottom. I tried 5 times already and nothing.

akastixx 12-22-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdin6800 (Post 590259)
Why the lack of a colorful manila like the one that comes on the stock sprint rom? The Raphael ones don't load when cooked into a rom, and the "pick this if you're unsure of which to use" one simply titled 'manila' is very bland. Can't I have a VZW rom with the sprint colored manila without the sprint tabs on it? I'm very surprised no one has made a "Customizable on the fly" version of manila, unless I'm just missing it.

Can't you just install the tf3d config cab and remove the tab(s) you don't want? I haven't tried it with the Sprint tabs, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1900 (Post 592332)
I'm having a problem, The build dies with a dialog:

Kitchens\PPCkitchen_OEM)VGA.rar

File create error (C:\Docuemnts and Settings\admin\Application Data\hIq\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.3.0Temp\temp\dump\dnsapl.dll (EDIT: VOIP dll)

The drive is not full; a directory exists with that name (after the error cause the app to stop)

Mine did that on one computer - uninstalling/reinstalling has not helped... I'll try deleting everything and going at it again later

C:\Docuemnts and Settings\*******\Application Data\hIq\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.3.0Temp\temp\dump\ezinput.dll (EDIT: Diamond Keyboard T9 dll) is happening on my other computer. :(

1900 12-22-2008 11:30 AM

Removing WM6 VOIP corrected my build failing issue

Thanks

Fuzzywuzhe 12-22-2008 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm at a loss ... Help Me

I have upgraded buildos, removed, reinstalled, reupdated build os .... each time I get the same error

Soooo ... after many hours of trying to burn a rom with this kitchen and many more hours reading, I've come asking for help

I get all the way through the build ... to where it says build 2 complete ... then I get the following error

"Could not find a part of the path C:\Program Files\ppckitchen.org\buildos\upgrade\Raphael_RUU\R UU.signed.nbh"

I did check ... and it's right ... that path doesn't exist under upgrade. Do I need to create it? If So where do I find a file RUU.signed.nbh? I have attached the build log.

Hope you can figure this out ... Love the TP ... but really wanna have a custom ROM

meanfishy 12-22-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzhe (Post 593475)
I'm at a loss ... Help Me

I have upgraded buildos, removed, reinstalled, reupdated build os .... each time I get the same error

Soooo ... after many hours of trying to burn a rom with this kitchen and many more hours reading, I've come asking for help

I get all the way through the build ... to where it says build 2 complete ... then I get the following error

"Could not find a part of the path C:\Program Files\ppckitchen.org\buildos\upgrade\Raphael_RUU\R UU.signed.nbh"

I did check ... and it's right ... that path doesn't exist under upgrade. Do I need to create it? If So where do I find a file RUU.signed.nbh? I have attached the build log.

Hope you can figure this out ... Love the TP ... but really wanna have a custom ROM

I had the same error, went under control panel and un-installed the BuilderOS and then went to http://ppckitchen.org/ and got the latest BuilderOS http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/loc...ks.php?catid=4 and that fixed that issue

jdin6800 12-22-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akastixx (Post 592852)
Can't you just install the tf3d config cab and remove the tab(s) you don't want? I haven't tried it with the Sprint tabs, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

You're right about removing them, but how do I get the sprint tabs/colors now that I'm using a custom rom with one, boring, grey tf3d that kitchen comes with?

nursemm05 12-23-2008 11:46 AM

what is 'albumsearcher' and how do I get rid of it so I can see my pics and not get the error message for it?

Kolano 12-23-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursemm05 (Post 595477)
what is 'albumsearcher' and how do I get rid of it so I can see my pics and not get the error message for it?

Previously addressed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolano (Post 586926)
-I'm was getting the error "The file "albumnsearcher.exe" cannot be opened..." from TouchFlo 3d's "Pictures and Videos" tab. I think that was due to not installing the "HTC Album_InternalStorage" OEM, so it seems like a dependency between the Manila options and HTC Album may need to be set up.

nursemm05 12-23-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolano (Post 595506)
Previously addressed.

my apologies, I searched before I asked but no results came back. Thank you.

edufur 12-23-2008 08:17 PM

Ok, so I got the TP... finally... and I am giving thought to cooking it for the first time. I have cooked my Apache many times over. I have a few questions though...

1. I went through a practice run and got a popup of QVGA not supported for this device. Why would the kitchen try to load that base? I looked at the newly created selections file (which I started from scratch) and sure enough, it was pointing to a QVGA base file.

2. Does the VOIP config work for this device?

3. Will cooking with this kitchen give the undetectable ICS ability?

4. Has anyone compared performance on the TP between 20755 and 20931? 20755 was way faster on my Apache... so this is why I ask.

Thanks.

Sonny486 12-24-2008 12:46 AM

I had to go back to Stock Rom. My TP would lock up and when I reset, it would be as if I did a hard reset!

I need to figure out what I had in there that would cause it.

I will let you guys know what I find.

-Sonny

da1stprince 12-24-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursemm05 (Post 591005)
and for the rest of us... the answer is?

well, the manila-Sprint_Raphael option in the kitchen is the stock sprint tf3d
the manila (1st listed in the manila section) is the manila tf3d with plain icons and flip clock.. i haven't tried the others.

da1stprince 12-24-2008 04:54 AM

please help! i'm having major issues with my kitchen.i use Oemizer to add some cabs to the existing kitchen which i have successfully done many times in the past,but lately it seems that i cannot fully remove past oems made with oemizer so when i try to build a kitchen and make a new personal oem with oemizer, it will look for the old info from past oem's made with oemizer and wont allow me to create a new one. sometimes the kitchen will start to build and once it gets to my customizer oem it will crash. another error message is: Internal Error-Option.xml GUID not found ( da1stprince fffffff-01de-43e7-ae6f-e8de813edb7) for all oem's created with oemizer. note: i usually go in the user_oem folder in buildos and delete the old custom oem i made before i apply the new one but, no results when i try to apply it.. what gives? sorry for the long post but i have tried everything to fix this! i have uninstalled the kitchen and all associated files and somehow when i reinstall it remembers my last settings and tries to find the previous oem.

da1stprince 12-24-2008 05:28 AM

i erased all custom oems out of my user oem folder and now when i tried to build a rom it fails and gives me this error message:ERROR: no dsm file found

nursemm05 12-24-2008 07:09 AM

I had this problem before. Uninstall, go to c>program files>ppckitchen.org and delete the whole folder. Then search for ppckitchen and delete what you find. My bug was the last part, I wasn't searching and deleting everything so it was still finding stuff when I reinstalled. Then make sure you go to ppckitchen website and download the buildos from there.

da1stprince 12-24-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursemm05 (Post 597941)
I had this problem before. Uninstall, go to c>program files>ppckitchen.org and delete the whole folder. Then search for ppckitchen and delete what you find. My bug was the last part, I wasn't searching and deleting everything so it was still finding stuff when I reinstalled. Then make sure you go to ppckitchen website and download the buildos from there.

i wish i could say i didnt try that.it seems that with vista,buildos is indexed in several different locations and is quite a challenge to find and remove all the fragments associated with buildos. ive removed buildos and did a search for anything relevant to the kitchen and build,removed all files and somehow when buildos is installed,it detects the previous oem and renders my kitchen useless. as it stands right now,im stuck with a stock rom because of this issue and it sukks!

quick99si 12-24-2008 11:37 AM

Any word on fixing the text size in Pocket Internet Explorer? It's difficult to read even on the "largest" setting.

da1stprince 12-24-2008 07:45 PM

eureka! i found some settings i missed in a hidden folder in my c:drive user/appdata/local/virtual store/program files/ppckitchen.org folder. i hope by deleting these settings that i will be successful...wish me luck!!

chooch 12-24-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1stprince (Post 599190)
eureka! i found some settings i missed in a hidden folder in my c:drive user/appdata/local/virtual store/program files/ppckitchen.org folder. i hope by deleting these settings that i will be successful...wish me luck!!

Santa's gonna give you luck for xmas!

Exil3d 12-25-2008 06:52 PM

Anyone found a cure for the G'reloc error? I trid shutting down AV and Firewall. Did not do nothing.

nursemm05 12-25-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1stprince (Post 599190)

did it work? Hope so! I'm running Vista too and what I suggested worked for me.

edufur 12-26-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edufur (Post 596733)
Ok, so I got the TP... finally... and I am giving thought to cooking it for the first time. I have cooked my Apache many times over. I have a few questions though...

1. I went through a practice run and got a popup of QVGA not supported for this device. Why would the kitchen try to load that base? I looked at the newly created selections file (which I started from scratch) and sure enough, it was pointing to a QVGA base file.

4. Has anyone compared performance on the TP between 20755 and 20931? 20755 was way faster on my Apache... so this is why I ask.

really? no one can answer even one of these questions? i even have more questions. i noticed that my device locks up once a day with very little use... i am wondering if this is just standard with tf3d... or if tf3d is fine and that the lockups would be fewer with a newer build. i would love to read some real data on this kitchen.

gguruusa 12-26-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edufur (Post 596733)

Because you screwed up your project creation. Probably from clicking on a QVGA library.
Quote:

Did it not work before? It's always worked for me.
Quote:

It should. Let us know if it doesn't. I haven't checked in a long, long time.
Quote:

It should be similar, not way different, even on Apache. Try it, and let us know.

gguruusa 12-26-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 600377)
Anyone found a cure for the G'reloc error? I trid shutting down AV and Firewall. Did not do nothing.

That's a tough one. Firewall is not related, but AV can be. If that doesn't resolve it, you're probably out of luck. Anything unusual about your installation (install to non-standard/non-local location, x64 system, unpriviledged account, etc.).

We haven't been able to determine a cause for this - doesn't seem to strike w/ rhyme or reason.

puff 12-27-2008 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 600726)
That's a tough one. Firewall is not related, but AV can be. If that doesn't resolve it, you're probably out of luck. Anything unusual about your installation (install to non-standard/non-local location, x64 system, unpriviledged account, etc.).

We haven't been able to determine a cause for this - doesn't seem to strike w/ rhyme or reason.

seem to remember u once suggested to extract the OEM zips for the 'dreaded' g'reloc...