PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46526)

knewBee4lyfe 01-03-2009 10:27 PM

Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

i have 1 issue... when i try to select a carrier... all it says is att. i checked the tutorial. and i am assuming that all carriers (specially sprint) should already be there. what am i doing wrong.

it is the raphael im clicking on. am i using the wrong build?

and whats the diff between qvga and vga? what is the tp? 192 or 96 dpi?

nursemm05 01-03-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knewBee4lyfe (Post 616415)
i have 1 issue... when i try to select a carrier... all it says is att. i checked the tutorial. and i am assuming that all carriers (specially sprint) should already be there. what am i doing wrong.

if you have sprint then you need the herman kitchen and not the raphael kitchen

x10guy 01-04-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

You definitely have the WRONG build. ATT is GSM. Sprint/VZN is CDMA.

Look for "HERMAN" build.

meanfishy 01-04-2009 01:24 AM

Yeah you have the wrong build, you are needing the Herman build for Sprint

Quote:

knewBee4lyfe 01-04-2009 04:57 PM

thanks guys... i thought it was the raphael all this time.

knewBee4lyfe 01-04-2009 05:12 PM

ok... what do i do, when i want to add stuff in... like... that talking voice when blue tooth is on. so it will read me my txt msgs... bc its pretty much illegal in california to txt while driving now. and its damn hard too. and im getting tired of making adifferent ringtone for everyone that calls so i know who is calling when my phone is holstered. it worked for the titan.

im not asking for the product... but i just wanted to know the name of it, does it work for the TP, and when i aquire it... am i able to put it into build os for later builds?\

thanks.

aberrio 01-06-2009 03:14 AM

Hello,

Same issue here, update ROM device restart and after a couple click freeze, had to reboot and stuck on the main screen, try two different versions.

Any help?

Regards

AL

cforster 01-06-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knewBee4lyfe (Post 617682)
ok... what do i do, when i want to add stuff in... like... that talking voice when blue tooth is on. so it will read me my txt msgs... bc its pretty much illegal in california to txt while driving now. and its damn hard too. and im getting tired of making adifferent ringtone for everyone that calls so i know who is calling when my phone is holstered. it worked for the titan.

im not asking for the product... but i just wanted to know the name of it, does it work for the TP, and when i aquire it... am i able to put it into build os for later builds?\

thanks.

I'm not sure exactly what product your referring to. There are a few out there that will do this, do a google search for it. /

As for putting that in your custom ROM you will need to package it into an OEM for the kitchen before you flash.

Thats the best of my knowledge....

cforster 01-06-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aberrio (Post 620985)
Hello,

Same issue here, update ROM device restart and after a couple click freeze, had to reboot and stuck on the main screen, try two different versions.

Any help?

Regards

AL

I have read limited success with this kitchen. I'm sure if you know how to use it correctly (not knocking the developers! - You peepz rock and are way smarter than I) you would have better luck. I gave up on trying to get a solid rom from this one. I'm using JUGGALO_V0.05 with great luck. But there are several on here that are good.

gguruusa 01-06-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cforster (Post 621069)
I have read limited success with this kitchen. I'm sure if you know how to use it correctly (not knocking the developers! - You peepz rock and are way smarter than I) you would have better luck. I gave up on trying to get a solid rom from this one. I'm using JUGGALO_V0.05 with great luck. But there are several on here that are good.

What problems did you have? A post saying you had problems is not real helpful.

Also, isn't Juggalo_v.05 a ROM, not a kitchen? Making a stable rom is childsplay compared to a decent kitchen.

x10guy 01-06-2009 11:05 PM

Any estimates on when a new kitchen might be released?

gguruusa 01-07-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 623021)
Any estimates on when a new kitchen might be released?

It's in the works. No clue on a date.

rjmjr69 01-13-2009 09:04 AM

Every time I try to launch the kitchen i get an error about a missing directory for splash images? I reisntalled ten times downloaded from different sources

I see the search feature is just as good here as it is on xda... Worthless. lol I found the fix

Kolano 01-13-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmjr69 (Post 636727)
Every time I try to launch the kitchen i get an error about a missing directory for splash images? I reisntalled ten times downloaded from different sources

I see the search feature is just as good here as it is on xda... Worthless. lol I found the fix

Fix for this summarized under Fixes/BuildOS in the bugs/fixes/updates thread.

cforster 01-15-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 622142)
What problems did you have? A post saying you had problems is not real helpful.

Also, isn't Juggalo_v.05 a ROM, not a kitchen? Making a stable rom is childsplay compared to a decent kitchen.

Correct, I was not clear in my first post. At the time I was using Juggalo's ROM (great ROM btw). That is not a kitchen, and yes it is child's play vs using a kitchen to build your own.

My apologies if I offended you in my post, again your talent is very impressive.

After giving this kitchen another honest shot (with some solid windows mobile tweaking experience under my belt) I think it is safe to say 90% of my problems were end user error. I didn't RTFM.

I'll post back my thoughts in a day or two on this round.

Thanks for the hard work!

rebelmuddlite 01-15-2009 11:28 PM

the herman isn't on the list in buildOS. any solutions? its not on the list in the updater either.. confused

rjmjr69 01-16-2009 04:15 AM

So now there is a new rom out for sprint does this get updates or do we do that? I'm lost I so want to cook my own rom But I want the latest updates

gguruusa 01-16-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cforster (Post 643162)
Correct, I was not clear in my first post. At the time I was using Juggalo's ROM (great ROM btw). That is not a kitchen, and yes it is child's play vs using a kitchen to build your own.

My apologies if I offended you in my post, again your talent is very impressive.

Nah, it's just that you were comparing apples and oranges.

gguruusa 01-16-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelmuddlite (Post 643736)
the herman isn't on the list in buildOS. any solutions? its not on the list in the updater either.. confused

It's in updater. Look again.

gguruusa 01-16-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmjr69 (Post 644165)
So now there is a new rom out for sprint does this get updates or do we do that? I'm lost I so want to cook my own rom But I want the latest updates

In the short run, you'll have to do it...most of us are swamped ATM. Probably be 2-3 weeks before we get an update out.

housinit 01-18-2009 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knewBee4lyfe (Post 617682)

thanks.

You're looking for Microsoft Voice Command, comes pre-installed on the Sprint Touch Pro and there are 3 versions of it in the Kitchen. The settings for it are in Setting\Personal\Voice Command in your phone. Hope that helps.

housinit

bluedeer 01-18-2009 02:43 PM

Is there any way to get the older version of PIE into this? I do not like the new Internet Explorer 6.1 AT ALL. It no longer formats a page to single column mode and seems to completely ignore 'mobile' mode. There's no difference between mobile and desktop views period. For all intents and purposes, it's 'broken' from the versions that worked perfectly fine previously.

I do not want to have to zoom out to see the page. Having to move my finger around the page to see miniscule text and see the 'overview' is very annoying and useless. The old style display of formatting either single column mode or 'Mobile' mode, and the larger, zoomable 'Desktop' view was much better in previous versions.

Imaginos 01-18-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedeer (Post 649192)
Is there any way to get the older version of PIE into this? I do not like the new Internet Explorer 6.1 AT ALL. It no longer formats a page to single column mode and seems to completely ignore 'mobile' mode. There's no difference between mobile and desktop views period. For all intents and purposes, it's 'broken' from the versions that worked perfectly fine previously.

I do not want to have to zoom out to see the page. Having to move my finger around the page to see miniscule text and see the 'overview' is very annoying and useless. The old style display of formatting either single column mode or 'Mobile' mode, and the larger, zoomable 'Desktop' view was much better in previous versions.

Absolutely. I had the same complaint about IE6. In registry editor, change this one DWORD value to 0:

"hkey_local_machine\security\internet explorer\MSHTML=1"

Soft reset and take another look at IE settings. PIE's one-column is back!

bluedeer 01-19-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginos (Post 649894)
Absolutely. I had the same complaint about IE6. In registry editor, change this one DWORD value to 0:

"hkey_local_machine\security\internet explorer\MSHTML=1"

Soft reset and take another look at IE settings. PIE's one-column is back!

I also managed to figure out another workaround by editing the Sys Kitchens and moving a few things around. But something else I've noticed, SprintTV doesn't work properly. After an install of any Kitchen, going to the SprintTV Manila tab gives me the 'Update Now' and 'Launch' softbuttons, but pressing launch results in an error. Obtaining and installing the newest SprintTV update allows it to run and work, but pressing 'Update Now' never updates SprintTV nor updates the tab and will eventually error out with a network error message. I've even built the newest one into an OEM and it acts as if I've installed the cab over the existing SprintTV, but with the same problem in Manila TF3D with the update problem.

I have also built a couple of OEMs that have been confirmed to work for Esmertec Java VGA, as well as the FlipClock. Why Sprint removed that from the stock rom as well as the cute little messaging envelopes you always see in pictures but never in the rom, I dunno. I dunno where to put them here, however.

Kolano 01-19-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedeer (Post 651234)
I have also built a couple of OEMs that have been confirmed to work for Esmertec Java VGA, as well as the FlipClock. Why Sprint removed that from the stock rom as well as the cute little messaging envelopes you always see in pictures but never in the rom, I dunno. I dunno where to put them here, however.

Posting to the bugs/fixes/updates thread would be a good spot.

If you do, please provide a few more details.
  • Do the existing Esmertec Java options not work, or are they simply not tailored for a VGA device?
  • Is Flip Clock the reverse of the OEM that replace the Flip clock with the Sprint clock?
  • Which Manila options is Flip Clock useful for (i.e. which don't use the Flip clock by default)?

Kolano 01-19-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedeer (Post 651234)
Something else I've noticed, SprintTV doesn't work properly. After an install of any Kitchen, going to the SprintTV Manila tab gives me the 'Update Now' and 'Launch' softbuttons, but pressing launch results in an error. Obtaining and installing the newest SprintTV update allows it to run and work, but pressing 'Update Now' never updates SprintTV nor updates the tab and will eventually error out with a network error message. I've even built the newest one into an OEM and it acts as if I've installed the cab over the existing SprintTV, but with the same problem in Manila TF3D with the update problem.

I believe I've also noticed this too. Was this with the "Manila - Sprint Raphael" OEM and "Sprint" carrier selected, or some other configuration?

killthepoet 01-19-2009 11:52 PM

I dont get it
why would someone need this
im new to the whole thing
what is a kitchen
how do u decide what rom to choose
what kitchen to choose
PLEASE HELP????:headbang:

nursemm05 01-20-2009 12:27 AM

personally I use this kitchen b/c it's easy to work with and I can put in what I want and leave out what I don't want. if you don't want to mess with a kitchen there are tons of premade roms out there. the hard part is figuring out which rom has what you need and the least amount of what you don't need/want. which is why I chose to build my own! and there is an OEM maker where you can take a cab file and make an OEM and put it in the kitchen so if there's something you want to add in but it's not an option you simply make it yourself.

rjmjr69 01-20-2009 01:35 AM

How can I get the newest rom base the leaked sprint one into this kitchen?

nursemm05 01-20-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmjr69 (Post 653049)
How can I get the newest rom base the leaked sprint one into this kitchen?

I believe you need to wait for guru to update the kitchen.

rjmjr69 01-20-2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursemm05 (Post 653064)
I believe you need to wait for guru to update the kitchen.

Shucks thank you nursemm

Well then Guru whats the deal? :mrgreen:

bluedeer 01-20-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolano (Post 651970)
Posting to the bugs/fixes/updates thread would be a good spot.

If you do, please provide a few more details.
  • Do the existing Esmertec Java options not work, or are they simply not tailored for a VGA device?
  • Is Flip Clock the reverse of the OEM that replace the Flip clock with the Sprint clock?
  • Which Manila options is Flip Clock useful for (i.e. which don't use the Flip clock by default)?

For the Esmertec, the one currently in the kitchen is a slightly older version than the one available in the kitchen and seems to be made for 320x240 devices, so in some cases (LIke Opera Mini) The largest Font available is still incredibly tiny. This newer one I have is 20080912.5.1 and seems to scale a bit better. If it's already been added, I'm just behind the times.

As for the flip clock, yes. But the thing is if I don't select the 'replace flip clock with the sprint clock' and select Manila Sprint/Raphael, it still gives me the Sprint Clock by default and have to add the Flip Clock as a cab file later, so I built it into an OEM so it does it regardless.

I think this kitchen needs a bit more cleanup, as I was looking through it, I've noticed some stuff either doesn't work, or it doesn't work right, or its version is different than the one posted, but I haven't gone through all of it to determine which ones specifically, just noticed occasionally as I build a rom.

bluedeer 01-20-2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolano (Post 651984)
I believe I've also noticed this too. Was this with the "Manila - Sprint Raphael" OEM and "Sprint" carrier selected, or some other configuration?

Yup, this is with Manila - Sprint/Raphael OEM and Sprint Carrier selected. The Manila - Sprint one doesn't work. Doesn't appear in the Today selections at all and doesn't appear in the Today screen.

gguruusa 01-20-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmjr69 (Post 653166)
Well then Guru whats the deal? :mrgreen:

Someone tampered with my priority list and put "work" ahead of "fun"

nursemm05 01-20-2009 02:17 PM

damn them! change it back! haha (no really... we appreciate all your hard work!)

rjmjr69 01-20-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 653870)
Someone tampered with my priority list and put "work" ahead of "fun"

WHAT!! Where do you live in Russia? Works for the weak.

Thanks man for all your hard work I'll be waiting very patiently

JUST HURRY UP! lol

Kolano 01-20-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedeer (Post 653206)
I think this kitchen needs a bit more cleanup, as I was looking through it, I've noticed some stuff either doesn't work, or it doesn't work right, or its version is different than the one posted, but I haven't gone through all of it to determine which ones specifically, just noticed occasionally as I build a rom.

That is certainly true. Reporting such issues to the bugs thread can help get them resolved.

gguruusa 01-20-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedeer (Post 653206)

A lot of the issues were fixed long ago, we just haven't had time to release any updates. Posting any problems you notice in Kolano's bug thread or openning a support ticket at PPCkitchen.org are the best ways to make sure they get fixed.

denti 01-21-2009 03:05 PM

is there anyway of adding customer task bars or icon sets in the kitchen or do i have to do them manually?
sure would be nice if there was a way to do it in the kitchen :)

gguruusa 01-21-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denti (Post 656266)
is there anyway of adding customer task bars or icon sets in the kitchen or do i have to do them manually?
sure would be nice if there was a way to do it in the kitchen :)

Aren't there already examples in the kitchen?