PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

somdave2005 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Unfortunately I think it was just the soft reset that "fixed" it for you. If I soft reset it will go away then come back later. I've also tried hard resetting; same thing, goes away then comes back later. A few posts back yay4juggs mentioned this is a Manilla issue and is 'being worked on.'
Are other people experiencing this problem too? or is it just Slopdave and zoheb?

I'm looking to flash this rom but don't want to if there are still bugs to be fixed. Thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Inimical is keeping up the good workInimical is keeping up the good work

I get the same thing. Start typing a text message, switch to landscape mode and it goes to the background just how they described.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

loxllxol is a n00b

Guys, is it possible to apply a theme on top of these custom roms? I find the original manila themes everyone uses for a custom rom, kinda boring.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

FoxRacR17 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdave2005 View Post
Are other people experiencing this problem too? or is it just Slopdave and zoheb?

I'm looking to flash this rom but don't want to if there are still bugs to be fixed. Thanks

I experienced this issue with both this rom and JD's 6.1 rom. Really freakin annoying.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pyrotechnomimus is just getting started

I just ran a few tests between my phone and my gf's post. She has the original sprint ROM and this following problem mentioned in this forum never appears. I did, but I worked around it in a less than optimal way.

If I was in TF3d and I got a txt I would flick to it and the counter on the text messaging would drop to 0 if I rested there for a few seconds. If I was already in the text messaging window, where you could see conversations or more importantly texting back and forth with someone in the threaded view, that counter and notification in the task bar would remain. I would then have to go to tf3d and scroll through, waiting on each message I had just received in order to make the counter drop to 0 again. I just switched from threaded to classic and tested, and while in the texting window I do not get this error. It is becaus to get t message I still have to click on it.

Again, less than optimal, but perhaps an aid in getting this set straight? I also noticed that each time I send a message with my girlfriend's stock ROM phone it highlights the messaging being sent momentarily, and then also any being received while in the threaded view. My phone, on the otherhand, doesn't seem to do this, so it is not auto-selecting the message to reduce that text messaging on its own. I wonder if there is a registry edit to fix this?

I text a lot, if anyone has found a genuine solution to this please tell me, otherwise I will be stuck on classic messaging for a while.

Yay 4 Juggs, you are the reason why my phone rocks my socks. I've flashed other phones before and I've never gotten this full of an experience with so much holistic performance increase. So, thanks again, and I have two htc touch pro's essentially, mine and my gf's so if anyone has any ideas about the solution to this problem I can doublecheck between phones.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I... I...

CAN'T BREATHE!

I don't have time to flash dammit... stupid college/scholarship applications!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker

fdtech is a n00b

The instructions for the activesync fix makes us turn off Time Synchrnization with the mobile network...is that really necessary? So basically the time needs to be entered manually going forward? For example, if I get on plane and fly to a different time zone, or the phone is dead for a few hours, when its back on again I need to manually set the time? That seems a little silly no?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Eric the Ricer is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Eric the Ricer

I charged all night, and just did the Active Sync tweak. I'll be in the Airport all day, so I'll follow up with how my battery life is, because I'll be living on this bad boy
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO

jihadi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Second to last tab in tf3d has an option to change wallpapers. Theres also a cab floating around to apply custom wallpapers to each tab.
Yeah, courtesy of PPCGeeks member Fittske
"Be sure to back up your phone before making any changes edits to your phone!

Ok here is how to get wallpaper on every tab:

“Every time you load a file make sure your TouchFLO 3D is NOT active on your today screen. Once the file has loaded soft reset your phone and restart TouchFLO 3D."

To remove your top and bottom curtains: run the “NoCurtains[1].cab”

To have your wall paper on every tab: run the file called “mUn Background” – this should put your back ground on all tabs but it will make your slider become of centered. (Don’t worry we will fix that in a bit.)

If you want to change your clock to the “clear” flip clock you will need to do in this order: 1 replace the standard sprint barrel clock with the “Sprint2FlipClock.cab”. 2. Restart phone disable TouchFLO 3D and load the file “GlassClock.cab” and restart phone

Once you have completed all editing to your TouchFLO 3D overwrite the following file in your windows folder “1e29e8e7_manila” this should fix your slider being off centered. You will need a program like total commander to complete this. Make sure to reboot your phone for changes to take effect.

All files can be found in the attached .ZIP file"

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...656#post488656 POST #64
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wallpaper on every tab.zip (91.9 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nrupalp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotechnomimus View Post
I just ran a few tests between my phone and my gf's post. She has the original sprint ROM and this following problem mentioned in this forum never appears. I did, but I worked around it in a less than optimal way.

If I was in TF3d and I got a txt I would flick to it and the counter on the text messaging would drop to 0 if I rested there for a few seconds. If I was already in the text messaging window, where you could see conversations or more importantly texting back and forth with someone in the threaded view, that counter and notification in the task bar would remain. I would then have to go to tf3d and scroll through, waiting on each message I had just received in order to make the counter drop to 0 again. I just switched from threaded to classic and tested, and while in the texting window I do not get this error. It is becaus to get t message I still have to click on it.

Again, less than optimal, but perhaps an aid in getting this set straight? I also noticed that each time I send a message with my girlfriend's stock ROM phone it highlights the messaging being sent momentarily, and then also any being received while in the threaded view. My phone, on the otherhand, doesn't seem to do this, so it is not auto-selecting the message to reduce that text messaging on its own. I wonder if there is a registry edit to fix this?

I text a lot, if anyone has found a genuine solution to this please tell me, otherwise I will be stuck on classic messaging for a while.

Yay 4 Juggs, you are the reason why my phone rocks my socks. I've flashed other phones before and I've never gotten this full of an experience with so much holistic performance increase. So, thanks again, and I have two htc touch pro's essentially, mine and my gf's so if anyone has any ideas about the solution to this problem I can doublecheck between phones.
You described the same problem i am having very well. I txt a lot, about 2500/month and this is really annoying bug. hopefully someone can find a solution for it soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development