PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO
Carrier: Sprint

jihadi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Had more wierd battery happenings last night.
Not sure why.
Went from 56% to 20% really quick.

This phone sure has some quirks.

I was thinking about people complaining about battery life. Well, this phone has a LOT of memory compared to any other phone that I know of (no idea on iphone, but I imagine more) and it would definatly take more battery to keep that Ram going.
Just a though for people I suppose.

I have an issue with Internet sharing crashing occasionally.
It goes along with my other issue, but that's another one.
Anyways, when the connection freezes up for me, the internet sharing program wont close, disconect, or restart properly.
Have to soft reset to get it to work. Cannot manually stop in dot fred.
I will add some weird battery reports:

Every 2-3 nights while I am sleeping and my TP is charging, it shuts off COMPLETELY!! At first I thought it was the drain/stress from using the Pro as a modem for extended periods of time but it happened last night and I haven't used it as a modem in 2 days !!

Strange, I have AWESOME battery life after this rom and the Activesync fix but have been late waking up a couple times because I rely on SPB Time's alarm on my TP and if it shuts off, NO ALARM!!

The other nights that this happened, I was tethering the device for a while on those days and I noticed, as with my previous Touch MP6900, when you tether, you might as well forget about that battery for the day as it just plummits to a certain death if not hooked to a charger all day. I am getting a spare battery cuz I just like to have a fully charged backupo at all times but I have a felling my issue is the device, not the battery. After all, it dies while it's hooked to a wall charger and is in idle all night ?????? I have to take out the battery before it will power up and the battery is 90% plus!

I am starting to wonder if I should take the TP back to the Sprint store and have it replaced........ But the agony of re-doing EVERYTHING I have done is what has prevented me from doing so thus far.

ONE QUESTION: If I backup EVERYTHING with PIM backup (even "my device" which backs up every file/setting) and backup the registry using PHM, will it be easy, once I upgrade to YFJ's 4.0 or 5.0 when it's released, to just restore EVERYTHING? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Last edited by jihadi; 11-29-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

rageouss is becoming a great contributor
Question Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

First, Thank you so much for the great ROM...it is so much faster and the battery life is so much better it makes me want to pee myself...j/k

I am trying to customize my icons using tsowen's thread Custom Start Icon/Battery/Speaker and EV 1X Icons

Question:
Any Idea why no matter how many times I install Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab I cannot get the HTC Start Icon from the cab to replace the orb Start Icon that came w/ Y4Js 4.0? All the other icons install but not the Start Icon.

I tried renaming shellres.192.dll to shellres.192.dll.old and shellres.192.dll.0409.mui to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui.old and then installing Icone Demarrer.cab and then Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab. No luck...

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageouss View Post
First, Thank you so much for the great ROM...it is so much faster and the battery life is so much better it makes me want to pee myself...j/k

I am trying to customize my icons using tsowen's thread Custom Start Icon/Battery/Speaker and EV 1X Icons

Question:
Any Idea why no matter how many times I install Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab I cannot get the HTC Start Icon from the cab to replace the orb Start Icon that came w/ Y4Js 4.0? All the other icons install but not the Start Icon.

I tried renaming shellres.192.dll to shellres.192.dll.old and shellres.192.dll.0409.mui to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui.old and then installing Icone Demarrer.cab and then Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab. No luck...

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? Thanks in advance!
I ran Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab first. It will install the start menu icon that you can see on my pics a couple pages back. Then, run the other stuff if you want another icon. Sorry I couldn't help more. Kinda newb myself
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
This phone sure has some quirks.
Welcome to Microsoft Windows
Old 11-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am running 4.0...still loving it. Haven't had the problems that some of you are reporting, but I do have a general question.

If I'm to update my Opera Mini with the newest version...all I have to do is to install the new .cab right? Or is there anything special I'll have to do?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:46 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
I am running 4.0...still loving it. Haven't had the problems that some of you are reporting, but I do have a general question.

If I'm to update my Opera Mini with the newest version...all I have to do is to install the new .cab right? Or is there anything special I'll have to do?
Yep.....just install and follow on screen prompts
Old 11-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post

Old versions are overwritten, so you don't have to worry!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

And I quote...

"to all wishing to go back to a larger font in the pop up menu this is what you need to do...open up the dotfred reg editor and go to hklm/system/gwe/menu/popfont and change the pop font to 800,900 or 1000 i made it 700 so it wouldnt take up precious real estate on this gorgeous screen."

Ok, excuse me for not knowing how to do this but... Can I get a little more detail? I found the thing that says 700 but i changed it to 800 and it made the menu super ultra huge! I changed it back to 2bc and it went back to ultra tiny. How exactly (in detail for those of us who arent professionals) do you make the size look normal?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
And I quote...

"to all wishing to go back to a larger font in the pop up menu this is what you need to do...open up the dotfred reg editor and go to hklm/system/gwe/menu/popfont and change the pop font to 800,900 or 1000 i made it 700 so it wouldnt take up precious real estate on this gorgeous screen."

Ok, excuse me for not knowing how to do this but... Can I get a little more detail? I found the thing that says 700 but i changed it to 800 and it made the menu super ultra huge! I changed it back to 2bc and it went back to ultra tiny. How exactly (in detail for those of us who arent professionals) do you make the size look normal?
You have to do it in decimal, you saved it in hexidecimal format, so it comes out funky. =)
Old 11-30-2008, 03:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
You have to do it in decimal, you saved it in hexidecimal format, so it comes out funky. =)
ok, so should i put .800 or what?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development