PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 10:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

briandmiller is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

I have a VZW TP that will not boot but I can get it into bootloader mode. I need to be able unlock it from the sd card from bootloader mode. What file do I use?

Thanks-
Old 05-05-2009, 02:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

marshaeg is a n00b

Ok, I need some help. I've tried this several times, and I can't get it to work. I've never done this before but am super excited to get this working.

1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty folder.
folder on my device?

2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
done.

3) run HardSPL exe that you downloaded before.
Run it on the device, right?
**as soon as I run HardSPL I go to the tri color screen and lose my activesync connection.

4) follow steps in the RUU, and check on the device for prompts after PC shows loading bar.
**So this means I run the RUU utility here? Don't I need to have an activesync connection still?

5) it should go to tricolour screen now and say 0.25.C-SSPL or for Verizon devices it should say 0.35-C-SSPL.
I got to this step, and this is where I lose the activesync connection. The installation of RUU then fails.

6) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
7) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.35.CMONEX or 0.37.CMONEX (or 0.25.CMONEX MFG).

So there are two steps? first unlocking, then reboot before running RUU utility?
I'm confused. Anyone care to break down the steps a bit more carefully?
Like I said this totally new to me, but the instructions seem somewhat confusing. Thanks alot if you can help.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
N00b

marshaeg is a n00b

Running the Hard SPL gives me a 284 error (communication error), right after I lose connection with activesync. WTF, looks like I am sticking with this piece of sh*t OS that verizon sold me. Can't anyone help me out?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshaeg View Post
Ok, I need some help. I've tried this several times, and I can't get it to work. I've never done this before but am super excited to get this working.

1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty folder.
folder on my device?

2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
done.

3) run HardSPL exe that you downloaded before.
Run it on the device, right?
**as soon as I run HardSPL I go to the tri color screen and lose my activesync connection.

4) follow steps in the RUU, and check on the device for prompts after PC shows loading bar.
**So this means I run the RUU utility here? Don't I need to have an activesync connection still?

5) it should go to tricolour screen now and say 0.25.C-SSPL or for Verizon devices it should say 0.35-C-SSPL.
I got to this step, and this is where I lose the activesync connection. The installation of RUU then fails.

6) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
7) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.35.CMONEX or 0.37.CMONEX (or 0.25.CMONEX MFG).

So there are two steps? first unlocking, then reboot before running RUU utility?
I'm confused. Anyone care to break down the steps a bit more carefully? Like I said this totally new to me, but the instructions seem somewhat confusing. Thanks alot if you can help.
You do have a verizon touch pro, correct? If so, continue.
1. No, on the computer
3. No, on the computer. The file name you need to run is Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035.exe. You're suppose to lose connection with activesync after it goes to tri-color screen. That's normal. It's doesn't happen till step 5 though.
4. No, you already ran the ruu utility in step three. just follow the steps in the ruu.

Just follow the steps. After you connect the phone and activesync is established and you run the Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035.exe it will take care of everything.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
N00b

marshaeg is a n00b

Ok, I ran through the steps after launching Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035.exe.
My device went to the tri-color screen, said security unlocked, and automatically rebooted. So now it's unlocked?

Now is when I launch the ROMUpdateutility.exe that came with Scott's ROM to install his ROM?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
N00b

marshaeg is a n00b

Awesome man! thanks a ton for the help. I got it working, now just to figure out how to import my contacts....
Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Eleebob7 is a n00b

I just got a VZW Touch Pro off of my warranty.

I'm trying to unlock the phone but when I run VZW_TP_SSPL-Manual.exe from the phone (and use RUU), I get the msg on the screen that

RAPH500
SPL-0.35.C-SSPL
MicroP-Wrong Platform(0x85)
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v0682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

And it just hangs there. Anyone else experience this? I flashed my old phone with nor problem.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:54 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleebob7 View Post
I just got a VZW Touch Pro off of my warranty.

I'm trying to unlock the phone but when I run VZW_TP_SSPL-Manual.exe from the phone (and use RUU), I get the msg on the screen that

RAPH500
SPL-0.35.C-SSPL
MicroP-Wrong Platform(0x85)
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v0682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

And it just hangs there. Anyone else experience this? I flashed my old phone with nor problem.
you are doing it wrong. all you do is connect the phone to computer and activesync connected, then you run the Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035.exe file on your computer.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Eleebob7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you are doing it wrong. all you do is connect the phone to computer and activesync connected, then you run the Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035.exe file on your computer.
That's the first thing I tried and got the same message.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleebob7 View Post
That's the first thing I tried and got the same message.
have you followed the preparations and instructions for flashing in the first post? it doesn't sound like you are.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development