PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

Thanks a bunch it shows SPL-0.37.0000
Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
Thanks a bunch it shows SPL-0.37.0000
ur welcome.
you're good to go then.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Verizon

everyday_geek is a n00b

I just got a replacement TP (Verizon) - I was trying to load a ROM onto it using the same method as always .... however it kept telling me that there was communication problems. I can sync with Active Sync just fine. I then thought maybe this one was locked - however when at the boot loader screen it says security unlocked.

I was reading about a problem someone else was having - it was suggested that the phone needed to be locked and then unlocked again because of the version of spl that was on it. This version is SPL-0.40.0000

My problem is anytime I attempt to run the software from here ... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

It gives me an error that says "The application failed to intialize properly" then tells me to click ok to terminate. I cannot even get the application to launch ... the locker or the unlocker. Am I missing something or is there newer software out there ....?
Old 10-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Thank you!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday_geek View Post
I just got a replacement TP (Verizon) - I was trying to load a ROM onto it using the same method as always .... however it kept telling me that there was communication problems. I can sync with Active Sync just fine. I then thought maybe this one was locked - however when at the boot loader screen it says security unlocked.

I was reading about a problem someone else was having - it was suggested that the phone needed to be locked and then unlocked again because of the version of spl that was on it. This version is SPL-0.40.0000

My problem is anytime I attempt to run the software from here ... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

It gives me an error that says "The application failed to intialize properly" then tells me to click ok to terminate. I cannot even get the application to launch ... the locker or the unlocker. Am I missing something or is there newer software out there ....?
it always says "Security Unlocked" on the bootloader screen. Pay no mind to that. You have to look at the spl version. 0.**.0000 means you're locked. 0.**.cmonex means you're unlocked. You have a verizon touch pro, so you have to use the verizon unlocker attached to the first post of this thread. You also have to read the entire first post so that you perform the preparations and instructions properly.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Verizon

everyday_geek is a n00b

I had forgotten to download and install the .NET framework. As I said I use to do this all the time however forgot that I had formated my laptop since I did it last. SO I have that loaded now and am able to launch the program. I can sync my phone with no issues - however when I attempt to run the Verizon HSPL file (_035) and my phone is in boot loader mode it looks like it is going I get the status bar but it never moves from 0%. Then it tells me that it cannot talk to the phone and I have the option to "recover" which I have gone through. Is there something else I am missing? Again I have done this a million times without any problems - is there something new I don't know about ...?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus

achilles-hypoxia is a n00b

Hmm. I just tried to relock my Telus TP using the attached relocker, but I think it bricked my phone. When I turn it on, this is all I get:

"Security Unlocked RUUNBH
RAPH800
SPL-0.37.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0C85
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20
Upgrade ROM code error
Please try again"

If I have my SD card in (which I tried to use to unlock it), it goes to a screen that says "Loading..." but never moves. If I try to connect via the Update Manager (which never worked before, hence my using the SD card), it goes to the transfer screen and just stays stuck at 0% until it lists ERROR 262: UPDATE ERROR. Recovering via the update manager never works.

Any thoughts?

Note: I am unable to get any OS's on the phone, so I can't re-unlock it via SD (or can I?) not can I establish an activesync connection with it. I also flashed the stock rom before unlocking.

Last edited by achilles-hypoxia; 10-22-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday_geek View Post
I had forgotten to download and install the .NET framework. As I said I use to do this all the time however forgot that I had formated my laptop since I did it last. SO I have that loaded now and am able to launch the program. I can sync my phone with no issues - however when I attempt to run the Verizon HSPL file (_035) and my phone is in boot loader mode it looks like it is going I get the status bar but it never moves from 0%. Then it tells me that it cannot talk to the phone and I have the option to "recover" which I have gone through. Is there something else I am missing? Again I have done this a million times without any problems - is there something new I don't know about ...?
try this. click start-settings-connections-usb to pc, then uncheck or check the box under Activesync. Then try it again
Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus

achilles-hypoxia is a n00b

i can't load anything on my phone... it just automatically goes into the boot loader =\
Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles-hypoxia View Post
Hmm. I just tried to relock my Telus TP using the attached relocker, but I think it bricked my phone. When I turn it on, this is all I get:

"Security Unlocked RUUNBH
RAPH800
SPL-0.37.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0C85
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20
Upgrade ROM code error
Please try again"

If I have my SD card in (which I tried to use to unlock it), it goes to a screen that says "Loading..." but never moves. If I try to connect via the Update Manager (which never worked before, hence my using the SD card), it goes to the transfer screen and just stays stuck at 0% until it lists ERROR 262: UPDATE ERROR. Recovering via the update manager never works.

Any thoughts?
that is a common problem. since you locked via SD card, you should look at the sd card locking thread. it explains your problem and what to do in the first post. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development