PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 1-21-10 Twisted Begins Sense 2.5 build 21876

It does not screw up your usb connection all it is telling you is basically that it is unable to update your gps location through activesync...........I am trying to fix this right now. As far as memory I will try to make a lite version soon.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

shompec is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
It does not screw up your usb connection all it is telling you is basically that it is unable to update your gps location through activesync...........I am trying to fix this right now. As far as memory I will try to make a lite version soon.
Well it disconnects me from Activesync temporarily on my PC cause it's trying to use that quickGPS program. Thank you. I love how smooth the Windows default mode works
Old 01-25-2010, 02:23 PM
N00b

shompec is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee83 View Post
I'm surprised you're running out of memory so quickly. How do you usually use your TP? I have a VZ TP and flashed it with a 4mb Pagepool. Mainly, I use the phone, HTC Calculator (not included in ROM), Stopwatch (not included in ROM), Google Maps, Aloqa (not included in ROM), and Opera Mobile 10 beta (not included in ROM). I only run out of memory when I use Opera for like longer than 2 minutes. But I usually don't surf the web too much, especially since Aloqa's an awesome app.

Plus I have cleanRAM Level 3 tied to my Long Hold Send Key, so I usually use that after I run Opera or if I feel the phone being sluggish. I can usually free up to 35 - 35mb, which is amazing for a sense 2.5 on a VZ TP.

Regarding the QuickGPS USB issue, it's addressed on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread.

Also, don't forget to flash dance (flash to stock ROM, then to custom ROM). This helps remove a lot of bugs.
Right.... when I run Opera for a little bit it will run out of memory and if I go to my photo album in landscape mode. I really would love to just go through my Album no problem in landscape mode. I love taking pics and reviewing. Hmmm..... maybe I'll try it again with a pagepool of 4 and level 3 CleanRam.

Oh and I am well versed in "Flashy dance" \
Old 01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

Transonic is a n00b

A common problem I notice is that with the physical key board the symbol key does not work. Also during the first installation of the rom I got the wrong interface. I can't stand that one.

EDIT: Tried flashing again: Same problem. No Manila.

Last edited by Transonic; 01-25-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transonic View Post
A common problem I notice is that with the physical key board the symbol key does not work. Also during the first installation of the rom I got the wrong interface. I can't stand that one.

EDIT: Tried flashing again: Same problem. No Manila.

The today screen is Windows Default. After flashing, you should go to Start > Settings> Today. Select HTC Sense for the manila.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If anyone notices the numbers for the time getting blurry when setting an appointment, can use these files to fix it. Just drop the files in My Device\Windows and soft reset.
Attached Files
File Type: rar AppointmentEditor_VGA_fix.rar (4.1 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok guys...........Got some good news...The Psyki Battery Driver Transplant was a success. Plus Psyki's battery tweaks. Personally I had to try for 2 hours to drain the battery down....dropped only 10% percent for me. (Opera open, playing a game...etc.etc.
Plus............Well the list keeps getting bigger...Uploading as soon as I can.
Also I will post a update list on the first page of what I actually changed.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro

bow_hunt2005 is a n00b

ive had a weird problem happening today. my tp only makes sound notifications when im plugged into the usb. when i unplug it vibrates for a very short period of time but makes no sound. ever heard of this happening? i do love the rom though. everything else has been working great. thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dlee83 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shompec View Post
Right.... when I run Opera for a little bit it will run out of memory and if I go to my photo album in landscape mode. I really would love to just go through my Album no problem in landscape mode. I love taking pics and reviewing. Hmmm..... maybe I'll try it again with a pagepool of 4 and level 3 CleanRam.

Oh and I am well versed in "Flashy dance" \
=T Yeah, unfortunately for us VZ users, we'll always run out of memory on a 2.5 ROM. It's just much more memory intensive than 2.1. I think those are your choices: 2.5 with less usability or 2.1 with full usability. I used to use the SsS-402 2.1 ROM for a long time. It's extremely stable and perfect for the VZ TP. But I like 2.5 because of the home screen weather and program quicklinks and the thumbnail contacts.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pRo deux/BB bold
Carrier: Sprintspeed!

noobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
Ok guys...........Got some good news...The Psyki Battery Driver Transplant was a success. Plus Psyki's battery tweaks. Personally I had to try for 2 hours to drain the battery down....dropped only 10% percent for me. (Opera open, playing a game...etc.etc.
Plus............Well the list keeps getting bigger...Uploading as soon as I can.
Also I will post a update list on the first page of what I actually changed.
Yowza!! Can't wait to try it out. This has been one of the most bug free 2.5 roms that I have used. Keep up the great work. Check ur email D, sent you some "stuff"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development