PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (23518/21889)
Carrier: Alltel

snowman7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 2-17-10 Twisted Newsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x@gmail.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman7 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to enter any diagnostic codes? I would really like to try a few things, but can't get into anything. Thanks

I pulled this from shadow-tech's thread....it works, as it was the only way for me to get into diagnostics on my tp.

- Download Task Manager (if u haven't already) Here:
http://www.dotfred.net/TM/TaskMgrv3.1_WM2005.zip.
Put it on your phone. I don't think it installs. so run it from where u copied it to.
Once u get task manager loaded up on your phone:

1. click on 'actions'
2. click on 'run a program'
3. under 'Open:' click the '...' button to browse for a program
4. expand the 'Windows' Folder
5. scroll down and click 'DmRouter.exe' then click 'Done'
6. under 'Extra parameters' enter /DIAG
7. Click 'Done'
Thank you soo much xmln3x@gmail.com. I'll give it a try tomorrow. I have been looking around for this. Thanks again!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

dsmith7145 is a n00b

help; my "menu" softkey won't come up any more! what can i do short of a full reset to repair this issue?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenbcc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Just so you know with the new Max Manila 3.0 Beta it works fine but the Curtain Icons when sliding is now out of placement near the top of the screen.

But besides that it works great.
ya it is out of placement but other than that, its really nice, able to configure whatever you want, got it just how i want it now :P and along with the rom, very nice touch!

If you use the cab I posted a few posts back to make your curtains transparent.. you won't have that problem.
Just so you know that didn't take care of the misalignment of Icons that pop up in the middle of screen when you start to scroll between the tabs. I ran that numskulls cab before and I re-ran it. I think thats just an issue with the Rom and the new max 3.0.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brokenlink is just getting started

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Noob question, but first of all this is the only 2.5 rom out here that just works everything works.

But whats the quickest way to access the call history since I can no longer see it on the home screen.

Thx
I the contacts section, click on all people. Then scroll to the last tab brings you to call history

I've found that the easiest way to get to call history is:

On the home tab, select the phone soft key. Once open select the phone icon between all people and menu soft keys, this also allows you to scroll through your whole contact list towards the very bottom.
On my phone it works like it always has. Click on either the soft key phone button from the Home screen, or on the Phone hard key (start call - bottom left hardware key under the Home key) and then once the dialer comes up, press the down scroller (hardware key right under the Dpad) and you can scroll through the call history.

If you press the up key above the Dpad it will then taken you into your Contacts book starting from the last alphabetical entries.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hotwired34 is just getting started

I am still loving this rom and having very minor issues. If anyone can assist with these minor issues, it would be great.
1. On the home tab, under calendar, I do not show any events. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Is there a way to show at least 1 event? I know that I can put in the cookie home tab to show a bunch of them (sort of since it is not 100% for VGA)...but I like simplicity of the stock home tab.
2. Another question about events. In other roms, in the Windows Default lock, events would show on the lock screen. I think it has something to do with the LS_Lockscene_480x640.cpr but I am not sure. Does anyone know?

Other than that, it's all good!

Also, in a previous post, I noted that on the phone dialer, the back soft button was missing to backspace a wrong number. One day (after a reg edit) it returned! I don't like the animated weather home screen, so I had changed the registry entry to make the home screen static. Once I did that, the back button disappeared...Not sure why. I noticed that if I made the reg hack while sense was loaded, then disabled and re-enabled sense, the back button was gone. If I disabled sense first...then made the hack...then enabled it, everything was fine. The reg key that I changed was HKCU/Software/Manilla/Home.WallPaperMode and changed that value to 2.

Thanks again for all your help.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

nahcyrag is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedreams View Post
I am having a problem when I go to text messagening and I click on new text and then I click on the to: my contacts list comes up and you can not read it. If there is already a fix please lead me in the right direction. This Rom is far the best I've used and keep up the good work.
To fix the contact list when sending a text, use registry editor and delete the following folders:

"HKLM\Security\Contacts\Chooser"

"HKLM\Security\Contacts\PropertyPicker"

Awesome fix. Thanks for sharing. It worked great.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
I am still loving this rom and having very minor issues. If anyone can assist with these minor issues, it would be great.
1. On the home tab, under calendar, I do not show any events. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Is there a way to show at least 1 event? I know that I can put in the cookie home tab to show a bunch of them (sort of since it is not 100% for VGA)...but I like simplicity of the stock home tab.
2. Another question about events. In other roms, in the Windows Default lock, events would show on the lock screen. I think it has something to do with the LS_Lockscene_480x640.cpr but I am not sure. Does anyone know?

Other than that, it's all good!

Also, in a previous post, I noted that on the phone dialer, the back soft button was missing to backspace a wrong number. One day (after a reg edit) it returned! I don't like the animated weather home screen, so I had changed the registry entry to make the home screen static. Once I did that, the back button disappeared...Not sure why. I noticed that if I made the reg hack while sense was loaded, then disabled and re-enabled sense, the back button was gone. If I disabled sense first...then made the hack...then enabled it, everything was fine. The reg key that I changed was HKCU/Software/Manilla/Home.WallPaperMode and changed that value to 2.

Thanks again for all your help.
Are you saying that you don't have the agenda option under your calendar? Because if you click on the softkey that says month it provides the option for agenda. With co0kies home tab if you swipe the clock down it hides the first 4 quicklinks so you can see two upcoming events. Try this to see if it works on stock. Co0kies home can be configured to vga, but I still find wvga to be best because getting to the first 4 quicklinks in vga mode can be a challenge.

Here the Lock_Scene fix Psyki's thread. You will have to remove the txt extension and drop it in windows. This one was really used to help people see the '9' & '7' for the Candara font but it might just help with that. I use the Dusk Lockscreen and I am able to see events so you can try this if you'd like.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dtuma1980 is keeping up the good workdtuma1980 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dtuma1980 Send a message via MSN to dtuma1980

2 'Power' icons in the 'System' folder
I get random hangs when backing out of the 'System' folder

Other than that, it is working like a champ for me!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Are you saying that you don't have the agenda option under your calendar? Because if you click on the softkey that says month it provides the option for agenda.
No. That works fine. I am talking about on the Home Tab. On the home tab, I would like to see my next appointment/event under the Calendar section. I thought that this was the default behaviour...but I may be wrong.

Quote:
With co0kies home tab if you swipe the clock down it hides the first 4 quicklinks so you can see two upcoming events. Try this to see if it works on stock. Co0kies home can be configured to vga, but I still find wvga to be best because getting to the first 4 quicklinks in vga mode can be a challenge.
I was using co0kies home tab the first go round with this ROM. I liked it, but it is too much for me. I don't need so many quicklinks and I prefer the speed. I was looking to use the stock. I will try your lockscene fixes to see if I can get notifications in the lock screen. If that works, that's fine for me!

Thanks accessing. You have been a great help.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

When I try to modify the lockscene files, I notice that they are read only and I can not change them. I tried to remove the read only attribute, but it says that the file is part of the ROM and the attribute can not be changed. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development