PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hotwired34 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 2-17-10 Twisted Newsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

Alright...I think I have finally put my finger on the missing back button. It seems like the exe file HTC_PhoneCanvas_VGA is the culprit. There is a .lnk to it in the Startup folder. If I run it...the first time, I get a dialog box that shows with the title phcanVGAWndClass and the message is "Terminated..." . If I go to the phone now, the back button is missing but the phone works fine....Now, if I run it again, nothing echos to the screen and the phone's back button is there.

So...what I did was copy the shortcut from the startup folder into my utilities folder in programs so when I notice that the phone's back button is missing, I just run it and it returns.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

shred_head is a n00b

what ever did happen to the wifi router?
why god why
Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
why god why
That's funny...I used to use that all the time when I was using Energy's ROM. I haven't used it in a while but then just yesterday I was at work and needed to test something on an outside network. My boss was sitting with me and I thought I would show off a little and use the WiFi Router....AND IT WASN'T THERE!

Oh well...I am sure that it is cabbed up somewhere.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anyone else noticing that their calendar is off by a day?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Why isn't this thread blowing up? This is the first time I've used a non Nrg rom that I absolutely love. Granted I had to install a few things to make it personalized for myself, but when do you ever not have to do that? This rom rocks right out of the box! It's sense 2.5, it's a stable build, not one of those ones with the start menu on the bottom and the x button that doesnt work, MMS works, this thing furkin rocks! My only gripe is the battery meter, but if that's the only problem then there's barely even a problem. I haven't tested battery life yet because it's been on charge most of the day and I just flashed last night, but I'm about to head to work so I'll report back later. Twisteddan, I don't see any need to update this one at all. I did post a link to the BG4all thread and I can verify that this indeed does work. Keep up the good work and thank you for the great rom!
Well thanks for the props......... I haven't been lost I've just been really busy... No time for cooking right now. But, I will be back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
So this is what a thread looks like when there's hardly any problems lol! I am wondering if people have committed to newer builds, or is it that this rom is really solid. Not much complaints; I can't even complain myself this rom is really good. Excellent work Twisted!
Thanks again accessing. You are the reason this thread is surviving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
Alright...I think I have finally put my finger on the missing back button. It seems like the exe file HTC_PhoneCanvas_VGA is the culprit. There is a .lnk to it in the Startup folder. If I run it...the first time, I get a dialog box that shows with the title phcanVGAWndClass and the message is "Terminated..." . If I go to the phone now, the back button is missing but the phone works fine....Now, if I run it again, nothing echos to the screen and the phone's back button is there.

So...what I did was copy the shortcut from the startup folder into my utilities folder in programs so when I notice that the phone's back button is missing, I just run it and it returns.
Yeah the stupid dialer is really pi$$ing me off. I would rather go back to the one I had cooked in before....It may have been older. But, at least it worked correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
why god why
Yeah I had a brainfart and forgot to cook it in. Next Release may take a while.
But, when I'm finished...............Every problem that I can possibly fix..............Will Be.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

shred_head is a n00b

what battery fix should I use....it's killing quick right now....twisted...any chance you can cook in the router and solitaire..and battery fixes...and email fixes and whatever else any time soon?
Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
Yeah the stupid dialer is really pi$$ing me off. I would rather go back to the one I had cooked in before....It may have been older. But, at least it worked correctly.
Really? The problems are minimal in my opinion...at least there is a quick fix to get the back button back. I hated your old dialer....having to click the phone key twice, once to chose the person and once to dial....then the stupid curtain. This dialer not only works a hell of a lot easier...but it LOOKS much nicer. I wouldn't change it.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again Twisted!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
Really? The problems are minimal in my opinion...at least there is a quick fix to get the back button back. I hated your old dialer....having to click the phone key twice, once to chose the person and once to dial....then the stupid curtain. This dialer not only works a hell of a lot easier...but it LOOKS much nicer. I wouldn't change it.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again Twisted!
I second this
Old 03-04-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

My issue with the S2A disappearing at the bottom of the screen seems to have resolved itself when I deleted my mail account in order to re-provision Active Sync for Gmail.

However, just now I went to send a text message, the first time in a while, and I got an message saying the text could not be sent, it was being placed in the draft folder, and it also gave me an error code of 107.

I have never had an issue of sending texts before. Doing a google search indicates this occurs sometimes, but I've not seen anything about a definitive cause or solution.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

Odd thing is, when I looked in the Draft folder, the text isn't there. However, it's in the Sent folder, which I'll assume means it was sent. Strange..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development