PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

xmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 2-17-10 Twisted Newsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

I'm having issues getting my weather to work. I have enabled my location, even installed quick gps to try to quicken the gps response time... I'm on Alltel... and haven't had any issues with loading a browser, recieving email, or anything else that would require a data connection. But when I go to the weather tab and update now...I keep getting "No weather data available". Any ideas why and how to fix this?

Edit: If I add a location, I'm able to get the weather data... but its not picking up my location based on gps... but adding a location is pointless to me, as the nearest city is quite a ways away.

Last edited by xmln3x@gmail.com; 02-19-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raph500)
Carrier: Verizon

Giggles 312 is just getting started

hey twisted, instead of waiting for a lite flavor for vzw tps, what do you recommend for a page pool for the 2.17 build? i'm flashing 6mb now, and i'll check back when its done.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x@gmail.com View Post
I'm having issues getting my weather to work. I have enabled my location, even installed quick gps to try to quicken the gps response time... I'm on Alltel... and haven't had any issues with loading a browser, recieving email, or anything else that would require a data connection. But when I go to the weather tab and update now...I keep getting "No weather data available". Any ideas why and how to fix this?

Edit: If I add a location, I'm able to get the weather data... but its not picking up my location based on gps... but adding a location is pointless to me, as the nearest city is quite a ways away.
Check if location settings is turned on, Start>Settings>System>Location
Old 02-19-2010, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

xmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
Check if location settings is turned on, Start>Settings>System>Location

Yes location is enabled.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yes location is enabled.
also in that area is the HTC location service box checked?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

skeezerk is just getting started

Awesome purely awesome, the only issue i have is i cannot see my contact list when i go to send text message, screen is all white. any suggestions on this one?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
also in that area is the HTC location service box checked?
Yes. I was reading up on alltel's agps... I noticed that if advance config is used in a rom, it can sometimes break the agps.. I'm not sure if thats on this rom.. I'm gonna attempt to do some digging around... but if it is.. and your aware of where I can get to it.. I'd appreciate your help.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I did not see Advance Config in rom. I even check \Windows in case its a missing icon
Old 02-19-2010, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I did not see Advance Config in rom. I even check \Windows in case its a missing icon
Ok thanks for that. Alright.. pretty much anything with gps doesn't want to work apparently. I've tried with google maps as well and cant get a fix, it just stays on seeking gps satellites (0)

I checked the external gps settings to make sure they are default, tried disabling and re-enabling location, as well as data connection to see if that might make any impact at all... No luck whatsoever.

Edit: I checked out the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS to make sure that all settings are correct... and they are... still no luck.

Last edited by xmln3x@gmail.com; 02-19-2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Ok thanks for that. Alright.. pretty much anything with gps doesn't want to work apparently. I've tried with google maps as well and cant get a fix, it just stays on seeking gps satellites (0)

I checked the external gps settings to make sure they are default, tried disabling and re-enabling location, as well as data connection to see if that might make any impact at all... No luck whatsoever.

Edit: I checked out the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS to make sure that all settings are correct... and they are... still no luck.
For external gps settings (Start>Settings>System>External GPS) I have the following setup that is working for me:

Programs tab shows GPS Program port at COM4
Hardware tab shows baud rate at 4800
Access tab shows a checked box to manage GPS automatically

Google maps works for me with these settings. I was able to locate 5 sattelites

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development