PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

love love the ROM. Using 12-23 Standard. My ONLY complaint, which others apparently do not have, is on battery life. I take my phone off of the charger between 5 and 6 am every morning. Within 2 hours the battery meter says between 80 and 84% without using it AT ALL. Just sitting there. I am using the Verizon Radio 1.03 on Sprint. Inside my house the signal indicator says between 2 and 3 bars ( I know this doesn't mean much). By noon, the battery is down below 10% and has to be charged. I have given the ROM since the 23rd, hoping battery life would improve, but it hasnt. Also the battery meter I believe is inaccurate. Yesterday (for the first time) the battery showed 88% after 3 hours of standby and within 1 hour, showed 43%. Usually after a SR, the battery indicator drops 4 or 5 %... Has anyone else had this issue? No mods to ROM other than an audio fix and a few apps, but these battery times are without texting, calling, emailing, playing on phone, nothing... Just sitting on my desk or in a holster with 2-3 bars showing on signal meter.... LOVE THE ROM!

BTW, Rootrom (which I think is very similar. collaboration between ahuskins and root??) did not have this problem.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Ahuskins... great job....
Good rom I must say... 2.1 sense...

Everything ran out the box...

my only problem, was the taskbar icons...
the battery and signal was my only problem,
besides that,,, none other found...

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

djwalter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to djwalter Send a message via Skype™ to djwalter

I prefer the sense 2.5 rom over the 2.1 but that's just personal preference. Nice rom meng....
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Talking Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Hey Ahuskins,

AWESOME job on the rom. I'm loving it so far!
I have a few questions though.

1) Is there a way to change the Manila theme back to original Sense 2.1?

2) Is it possible to use any custom TF3d2.1 mods on Sense 2.1 or would it break the weather feature?

3) Does changing the pagepool to say 36 increase speed of Sense 2.1 or decrease it?

Thanks! Lookin forward to using this rom as my primary.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNICKERD View Post
ahuskins, great rom. I'm on your 2.5 max manila and its one of the best, and trust me I flash them all. Just one thing, its the same in Roots rom. In facebook when i go in to my friends facebook albums and click on a picture the whole phone locks up. I know that part is very beta. Just hoping you have a work around for it. I think i'll be sticking to this rom until u put something else out.
That's an easy one. When you open the online album DO NOT click on a picture until it completely loads. If you will notice it loads a low res version of the pic and then as it continues to load the resolution increases on the thumbnail. Once it pops into being clear THEN you can click on the picture and it won't lock up the phone. It's an album thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Hey Ahuskins,

AWESOME job on the rom. I'm loving it so far!
I have a few questions though.

1) Is there a way to change the Manila theme back to original Sense 2.1?

2) Is it possible to use any custom TF3d2.1 mods on Sense 2.1 or would it break the weather feature?

3) Does changing the pagepool to say 36 increase speed of Sense 2.1 or decrease it?

Thanks! Lookin forward to using this rom as my primary.
1. What's there is cooked in so not without the original files.
2. Experiment is about all I can recommend. Sense 2.1 isn't my daily driver so I can't recommend anything. Maybe other users can chime in.
3. All of my ROM's have the PP set to 0, which is dynamic. The ROM will allocate the PP to what it needs. My experience is that 0 (dynamic) is the best. To each his own though.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Hey ahuskins, I really like your ROM. More I use it and more I like it. I'm still on the 122309 Standard and I'm planning to flash to 122509 today unless you tell me that you will release a new one in a very near future???
Old 12-28-2009, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
Hey ahuskins, I really like your ROM. More I use it and more I like it. I'm still on the 122309 Standard and I'm planning to flash to 122509 today unless you tell me that you will release a new one in a very near future???
New build coming today or tomorrow for all versions. Minor fixes to graphics issues and some performance updates.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

I'm running the Sense 2.1 12252009 ROM and really liking it so far. A couple of questions:
Is anyone using Kinoma? When I try to exit, the application freezes. Have to kill it with task manager.
I'm sync with Exchange and my email tab shows 2 mailboxes, both called Outlook. They don't show any messages even though I can go to Inbox (on either of them) and the inbox has messages.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jason

Edit: Hard reset fixed the Exchange server issues.

Last edited by jasonsf; 12-29-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

This is really an awesome rom! I like it very much. You did an awesome job on this!

I am using the MaxDusk Theme and experiencing some very odd behaviors. (Awesome theme by the way)

If/when I import my messages using PIMbackup, the phone will not boot after a soft reset. It gets stuck at the dark screen with the HTC Logo and the red letters at the bottom. Sometimes, very rarely, it will continue but only to behave as if I had done a hard reset... it asks me to align my screen and then goes into customization. I have done several hard resets and re-flashing to get rid of this but the problem persists.

The auto hard reset is very bizarre.

However, I settled with using the rom without my text messages and everything seem to be working flawlessly so far.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Cellular South Touch Pro
Carrier: Cellular South

twarren777 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
New build coming today or tomorrow for all versions. Minor fixes to graphics issues and some performance updates.

Great work on your roms Im on Latest release Build 122509 MAX and it is working good. I noticed that you left out Bubble Breaker game and the Hearts card game isn't working properly. I know minor stuff but for a noob these are nice when taking care of business.
How can I get that background with the green grass and dark clouds as on your pics on 1st post or am I missing something.
Thanks again for your time to make these little boxes on our hips or in pockets more enjoyable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3