PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dlink72 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122109 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5 - Sashimi Compliant

I'm loving this Rom so far, thanks for the great work ahuskins. I'm having a few bugs with the photo album that I haven't seen posted before. When selecting a photo, it loads off center (about 4mm below top of screen) and loads each subsequent photo the same way when scrolling.

If I scroll down a few photos (the 4th photo down for example), and try to zoom in, it will either zoom on the first photo in the album, or go blank and lock up the phone for about 30-60 seconds. A couple of times I had to soft reset. I'm on maxdusk 12/23 and it did it on the 12/22 version also. I came from NRG and flashdance each time.

Last edited by dlink72; 12-24-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

winmonewbie/ahuskins,

when you say "do the dance", I just want to make sure things have not changed since mightymouse roms.... this is what I do

flash the rom...
after rom is done pull the battery
wait approx 1 min then insert battery and hard reset device (center dpad, vol down, pwr button)
once the rom installs and resets I do a clear storage twice
On the 2nd "clear storage" I insert my memory card with my sdconfig.txt on it.

Is this what you are calling "the dance". I have never heard of flashing back to stock rom.

Thanks for any help..... Jarrod
Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
winmonewbie/ahuskins,

when you say "do the dance", I just want to make sure things have not changed since mightymouse roms.... this is what I do

flash the rom...
wait approx 1 min then insert battery and hard reset device (center dpad, vol down, pwr button)

Is this what you are calling "the dance". I have never heard of flashing back to stock rom.

Nah Bro,
The Dance
When we ROM jump, SOMEtimes file get written to the wrong location. This can cause the random freezies, the soft reset becomes a hard reset, random soft and/or hard resets, and other weirdness.
A good sign you need The Dance is when you have any of the above issues, issues with BASIC functionality like calls, or when you are having issues that no one else is posting on.
Flashing a SHIPPED Stock ROM re-writes the radio which helps put everything back in it's proper place. The radio is key, a dumped stock ROM without the radio wont cut it.
So flash stock ROM, hard reset, (while in Stock check some basics to make sure everything is working as it should) flash custom ROM, hard reset.
Re-flash radio of choice.
Hope that helps and clears it up.

EDIT:
btw-you can grab a Stock ROM from the HTC website.
http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownlo...0&act=sd&cat=2

@All-Merry Christmas Everyone!! If you dont partake then I just hope you and yours are safe and well.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-24-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlink72 View Post
I'm loving this Rom so far, thanks for the great work ahuskins. I'm having a few bugs with the photo album that I haven't seen posted before. When selecting a photo, it loads off center (about 4mm below top of screen) and loads each subsequent photo the same way when scrolling.

If I scroll down a few photos (the 4th photo down for example), and try to zoom in, it will either zoom on the first photo in the album, or go blank and lock up the phone for about 30-60 seconds. A couple of times I had to soft reset. I'm on maxdusk 12/23 and it did it on the 12/22 version also. I came from NRG and flashdance each time.
I am seeing the issue with showing the first picture when zooming then once your zooming is done it reverts back to the selected pic, zoomed in. I haven't had a lockup and I just zoomed in and out of 10 pics 10 times. I used the dpad scroll capacitive wheel instead of tapping though. This is an issue with the internals of Album 3.2, which was written for a WVGA device. That's what is causing the alignment issues when the picture first comes up. Tried everything to fix and couldn't make it happen. But, I left that version in for the ability to view online photo albums (facebook friends) and uploading to facebook/youtube and footprints integration. There is a newer package which I tried and noticed no differences but I hadn't tried the zoom. I will retest and incorporate it if there are improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
winmonewbie/ahuskins,

flash the rom...

Nah, flash to stock, hard reset, flash to xxxROM, hard reset then user config.

Edit: Thanks winmo. BTW I promise you that I have flashed my phone 100 times during testing between Dances. I personally only dance if I see certain specific tell tells of a bad flash.
Soft reset turns into a Hard reset = DANCE!
Memory leaks = Dance
Dropped calls = Flash a radio only
There are many folks who do the dance religiously. I have seen the little queues that mean ROM corruption and unless I see those I don't bother. But I'm livin on the EDGE baby!

Last edited by ahuskins; 12-24-2009 at 01:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PRO1, HTC PRO2, EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

dizzthebarber is becoming a great contributor

ahuskins do you have the skin key broad you had in the 122109 build. in a cab i didnt have any problem using that one

Last edited by dizzthebarber; 12-24-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Edit: Thanks winmo. BTW I promise you that I have flashed my phone 100 times during testing between Dances. I personally only dance if I see certain specific tell tells of a bad flash.
Soft reset turns into a Hard reset = DANCE!
Memory leaks = Dance
Dropped calls = Flash a radio only
There are many folks who do the dance religiously. I have seen the little queues that mean ROM corruption and unless I see those I don't bother. But I'm livin on the EDGE baby!
You're welcome Bro. And I'm right there on the EDGE with ya! All the testing I've done over the last month or so has cured me of my Chronic Flash-a-tosis (had to, there are only 24 hours in a day).
Now I too only Dance with the obvious signs.
IMO, good case in point-last night I tried my hand at cooking but the ROM wouldnt load Sense. I just flashed back to SKI and I'm golden, no Dance needed.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzthebarber View Post
ahuskins do you have the skin key broad you was using in a cab i didnt have any problem using that one thats
http://cid-9bd3a088bb863c14.skydrive...er%20A.CAB.zip

or

http://cid-9bd3a088bb863c14.skydrive...er%20B.CAB.zip

Both Rhodium Dialers
Old 12-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Any hints on where I can find advanced config
Old 12-24-2009, 02:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well, the new Album fixes the zooming issues but breaks footprints. ARGH!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
Any hints on where I can find advanced config
http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Tw...ls-58295.shtml
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3