PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 01 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
It is there.
Did you enable Max options from the Start menu/System Tools/Enable Max?
That will install Max Manila and give all Max Manila options.
Yeah had a blonde moment there...forgot to enable Max (no offense to you blondes )

Things Ive noticed: weather wont initiate a data connection...if I open a browser first, then it will update. When I slide open to landscape, the Uzeb program wont go away...so cant browse or anything. It sits there on top. Bluff my call isnt working (do I need to buy it or register or something?) I get message "Invalid phone number ". Try prefixing your number with a + (or 011, or 00) and the country's dialing prefix code. Ive tried formatting the phone numbers as +xxxxxxxxxx, +(xxx)xxxxxxx, +(xxx)xxx-xxxx, xxxxxxxxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx, (xxx)xxx-xxxx....no luck. And lastly, when I open all contacts, the on screen keyboard pops up...very annoying.

Otherwise seems much smoother than prev version

edit: I figured out how to get Uzeb landscape outta the way which is good.

Last edited by blackangst; 02-03-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:40 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 01 2010

im using the dark root combo ROM, but i cant get past the Tap here to set up your device. ive redownloaded twice, and flashed to other roms, then back but still no luck.

Help Me Help You
Old 02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work

On that new 2.1 dusk rom...

Looking good...

Don't see the retractable slider in this one tho... I guess that is the fix for the background position issue?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started

I have had this issue with the last few roms. Currently on the newest MaxDark from last night. Notification sounds are just fine until I open an SMS using the htc messaging. Then I have no notification sounds until reboot (but still vibrates if I have it set to). If I just hit "all messages" to open the MS app and go from there all is good. Tried using same volume on notifications as system but same result. Reboot is the only thing that will cure it. Even left it running for an entire day to see if it would cure itself but no joy.

Another minor annoyance is on the SMS with bubble messaging. When you open a thread it will go to the newest message. All good. But when you hit the SIP it will automatically scroll back to the top of your thread. Made sure I had clicked on all the previous messages recieved so they weren't being shown as unread. Not a bit deal to scroll it back down to the bottom but something that gets old.

One thing I need to check on deals with charging. As of the 0121 roms I have noticed when I plug in my charger it will unroute the audio from the bluetooth. Unplug and it comes back. Assuming it is sensing I am actually plugging in a wired headset. I don't have another charger around right now (on the road) but I will pick up another and see if the problem continues. May just be my charger developed a short or bad pin and grounding the headset sense pin or something. Just thought I would throw it out if anyone else was having the same issue.

namopereht
Old 02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Is there a fix for Windows live mail? It is not synchronizing my inbox, only synchronizing my contacts and personal settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

ThanKs!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:05 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
Yeah had a blonde moment there...forgot to enable Max (no offense to you blondes )

Things Ive noticed: weather wont initiate a data connection...if I open a browser first, then it will update. When I slide open to landscape, the Uzeb program wont go away...so cant browse or anything. It sits there on top. Bluff my call isnt working (do I need to buy it or register or something?) I get message "Invalid phone number ". Try prefixing your number with a + (or 011, or 00) and the country's dialing prefix code. Ive tried formatting the phone numbers as +xxxxxxxxxx, +(xxx)xxxxxxx, +(xxx)xxx-xxxx, xxxxxxxxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx, (xxx)xxx-xxxx....no luck. And lastly, when I open all contacts, the on screen keyboard pops up...very annoying.

Otherwise seems much smoother than prev version

edit: I figured out how to get Uzeb landscape outta the way which is good.
Weather updates here every time with no issues.
Not sure what it could be on your device.

I do not use Bluff My Call so I can't help there without testing it.
Removed it once from my rom and users asked for it back because they used it so I would guess it works.

I am aware of the kb pop up but as I use it to search contacts I have not tried to disable it.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
im using the dark root combo ROM, but i cant get past the Tap here to set up your device. ive redownloaded twice, and flashed to other roms, then back but still no luck.
Try flashing to Stock and then back.
Sometimes there is a data write issue on custom roms.
That should fix it.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb5... View Post
On that new 2.1 dusk rom...

Looking good...

Don't see the retractable slider in this one tho... I guess that is the fix for the background position issue?
Some users asked for it to be removed.
I will add it to the first post.
Easier to add it to a cooked rom then remove it from a cooked rom.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by namopereht View Post
I have had this issue with the last few roms. Currently on the newest MaxDark from last night. Notification sounds are just fine until I open an SMS using the htc messaging. Then I have no notification sounds until reboot (but still vibrates if I have it set to). If I just hit "all messages" to open the MS app and go from there all is good. Tried using same volume on notifications as system but same result. Reboot is the only thing that will cure it. Even left it running for an entire day to see if it would cure itself but no joy.

Another minor annoyance is on the SMS with bubble messaging. When you open a thread it will go to the newest message. All good. But when you hit the SIP it will automatically scroll back to the top of your thread. Made sure I had clicked on all the previous messages recieved so they weren't being shown as unread. Not a bit deal to scroll it back down to the bottom but something that gets old.

One thing I need to check on deals with charging. As of the 0121 roms I have noticed when I plug in my charger it will unroute the audio from the bluetooth. Unplug and it comes back. Assuming it is sensing I am actually plugging in a wired headset. I don't have another charger around right now (on the road) but I will pick up another and see if the problem continues. May just be my charger developed a short or bad pin and grounding the headset sense pin or something. Just thought I would throw it out if anyone else was having the same issue.

namopereht
I will check the volume issues. Have not had a problem here but there may be something. Will check.

The Bubble Messaging is made that way and not much I can do about it as I did not create the mod.

No charging issues here but I do not charge and BT at the same time usually.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

So far so good on the MaxRootCombo. Only thing is the start menu folders and the highlighter are back to normal default: brownish folders and the white highlight instead of the arrow. By design?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium