PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:35 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Welcome to the pround Touch Pro users thred. LOL

Check out the main download page for some useful info.
If I get time I will add more info.
Hope to get back in the kitchen soon.
Roms are running great right now.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

myshinynewtouch is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

ok guys, one last question (i wont bother anyone for today ) - how do i setup this phone to work like a wifi router, i switched on the wifi connection, opened the wifi router, but it says not able to detect any network. I have data connection with sprint and am able to browse, get emails properly. now what steps do i have to do to make my phone work like a wireless router.. pls post steps.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshinynewtouch View Post
ok guys, one last question (i wont bother anyone for today ) - how do i setup this phone to work like a wifi router, i switched on the wifi connection, opened the wifi router, but it says not able to detect any network. I have data connection with sprint and am able to browse, get emails properly. now what steps do i have to do to make my phone work like a wireless router.. pls post steps.
If you are trying to use your sprint data connection to surf with a pc using wifi, then goto settings>activate wifi router>setup info or use default>click start>enable wifi on pc and find your phone router info>enter password & connect.

PM me if that doesnt work.

Last edited by christian.a; 05-20-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

myshinynewtouch is just getting started

AWESOMEEEE.... got it to work.. christian - thanks a ton - had to go thru some crap yesterday, where i accidentall pressed on update PRI, which caused my data profile to be corrupted, had to flash to stock, then back to rootrom today (after which i found a thread where i realized, i need not have flashed to stock)... so for future sprint guys using this ROM - NO DONT INSTALL DCD CARRIER CAB and DONT CLICK ON UPDATE PRI...

anyway to update the cities for the weather? my town is not in the list, any pre-built app already cooked in or do i have to download some weather editor?

Last edited by myshinynewtouch; 05-21-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
AWESOMEEEE.... got it to work.. christian - thanks a ton - had to go thru some crap yesterday, where i accidentall pressed on update PRI, which caused my data profile to be corrupted, had to flash to stock, then back to rootrom today (after which i found a thread where i realized, i need not have flashed to stock)... so for future sprint guys using this ROM - NO DONT INSTALL DCD CARRIER CAB and DONT CLICK ON UPDATE PRI...

anyway to update the cities for the weather? my town is not in the list, any pre-built app already cooked in or do i have to download some weather editor?
for the weather there is the one that is updated by google or something which is called my location (never really accurate) but to get one city and one city only go to the weather tab hit menu then add location type in the info. then go to today screen or home screen and press ur clock and then select ur city from that list and u will always have that city on the today screen.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
for the weather there is the one that is updated by google or something which is called my location (never really accurate) but to get one city and one city only go to the weather tab hit menu then add location type in the info. then go to today screen or home screen and press ur clock and then select ur city from that list and u will always have that city on the today screen.
that only works if you live in some huge city. type in the name of the little spot in the road i live in and you dont get crap. HTC My Location, gets my actual town to show up for me.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by botnryan View Post
that only works if you live in some huge city. type in the name of the little spot in the road i live in and you dont get crap. HTC My Location, gets my actual town to show up for me.
man i live in Chicago and My location rarely tells me i am in chicago, i can say it works better in the current roms than it did when it was first brought out. for some strange reason i always use my location though.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Look under Tools or Utilities for Weather City Editor. I'm not on root atm so I dont know if it's cooked in but give it a whirl if it's not. I've never needed it as Tampa works well with My Location but I know plenty of users have had success with it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546141
Old 05-23-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work

Root,
I just saw the post in Ski-Rom's thread directed toward you about GTX theme being continued by a different guy, and in the thread they linked you to, it has downloads for VGA but says CFC Compressed and CFC Uncompressed. Is RootRom Compressed or uncompressed?

EDIT:
its Compressed, if anyone else was wondering.

Last edited by botnryan; 05-23-2010 at 03:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I will be trying to get back in the kitchen in a few days. Will look into it.
Time to see updates I think.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium