PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Would love to see something new or some changes but as others have said... 4/18 is very good.

tsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I will try to free up some time to update soon.
Very busy with work and family.

Thank you all for your comments and support.

LOL @ bow...
Read back threw said thread and you will find about 1000 posts by me.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bow_hunt2005 View Post
i havent kept up with the root forum lately due to a crazy idea of switching to energyrom for awhile. i would like to announce myself as another firm believer that roots roms r da shiznite! quick question though... has there been any development getting the gtx rom to work with cookies 1.7.1? btw... im loving the new 4/18 rootromls. great work man!
FYI, creators for the GTX sense theme have stopped development.

EDIT: found this over at xda...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=666636
Have not tried it myself but it does include cookie 1.7

EDIT2: Just finished installing latest version of gtx w/ cookie 1.7.x and its looks pretty good. i tried to piece it together to look like the original but take a look for yourself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (10.8 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (6.5 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by christian.a; 05-18-2010 at 02:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Greetings folks.

I've been running Root's 4/17 WWE rom pretty much since he posted it. I ran a few of his others prior to that. I haven't looked at any others since. I really love these roms. I have only encountered one issue and haven't seen it mentioned before. I use the Manila phone lock and love that as well except it sometimes doesn't let my alarm sound. Some mornings it works but cuts the alarm short. I use a 20 second wav file. Some days it works fine but occasionally it doesn't let the alarm sound at all. I'm using the Window alarm app right now. I was using G Alarm but switched in the hopes the Windows alarm would behave properly. I'm thinking about going back to S2U2 but thought I'd check in for any tips before I do. S2U2 is great but I really don't like tweaking all the settings for it.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:50 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Not sure what maybe your alarm issue.
Using last Redrum here and alarm is flawless with galarm.

Anyone else having alarm issues?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Smile Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Root,

How r u doing and how's family???
Old 05-19-2010, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Not sure what maybe your alarm issue.
Using last Redrum here and alarm is flawless with galarm.

Anyone else having alarm issues?
Hey Root,

Thanks for responding so fast.I really don't think the problem lies in the rom. Probably something I did to it along the way. I'm not above flashing another version. I wouldn't mind trying all (except maybe iRoot) your flavors. I really do appreciate what you've done here. Hard to imagine someone handling work, family and doing all this. You are, as they say, THE MAN!=D>=D>=D>

Bob
Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work

G-Alarm works flawlessly everyday for me. Just recently (i had never used this feature before) i found out MMS works both sending and receiving for me and i have a Sprint TP on the Vzw network. Its gonna be hard to beat your 4/18 rom Root of course, i said that about the one before that too.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:30 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Thanks friends.
Family is good aside from baby staying sick a lot.

I think Redrum is the best yet.
No issue rotating camera either.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

somemorestuff is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bow_hunt2005 View Post
i havent kept up with the root forum lately due to a crazy idea of switching to energyrom for awhile. i would like to announce myself as another firm believer that roots roms r da shiznite! quick question though... has there been any development getting the gtx rom to work with cookies 1.7.1? btw... im loving the new 4/18 rootromls. great work man!
Like christian.a said, there is an update - I've been running it stably for almost a month.

Here's what I did to get it to work perfect:
1. Load 4/3 WhiteRoot (flashdance of course - NOTE: it's possibly ANY Rootrom w/Sense 2.5 would work!)
2. Install the GTX 1.7.1 theme (look at second post)
3. Install morbidj's taskbar signal fix (for CDMA)
4. Install Christian.a's portrait clock fix -- Christian - can you fix Landscape also?
5. Install CHT Editor 1.7.1.1
6. (optionally) Install Christian.a's skinned goodness
(I did this all through SASHIMI - The GTX theme really needs a .auto file though)

Don't forget clocks or more clocks! Also, any flip-clock for Sense 2.5 will work too!

Christian.a - I don't seem to have the appointment problem you had. Stays on both the agenda view and home tab no problems. VolumeX even works with the appointment for silencing the ringer.

Thanks Root for such a stable ROM! Trying to milk this $300 as far as it can go
Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Smile Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Quote:
Thanks friends.
Family is good aside from baby staying sick a lot.

I think Redrum is the best yet.
No issue rotating camera either.
The important that you are with the baby. The old lady been sick and my son had an accident, flying tomorrow to WA state, don't know exact date that I'll be coming back.

Lots of love to the baby.

Bugsy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium