PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
I usually don't use the wake up alarm I think I used it once since 4/18 but I don't remember having problems with it I can do a little testing for you.

I will post my findings.

Just to be clear you are getting the pop up that is in the screenshot correct?

If yes first thing is when you go to set the time for the alarm make sure that the repeat option is not selected in that setting alarm screen, and second is have you tried both of the buttons at the bottom on the screen shots?
Yup, I use WM alarm every AM without fail. I hit the bottom Right soft key of the pop-up to shut it off.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69 View Post
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yup, I use WM alarm every AM without fail. I hit the bottom Right soft key of the pop-up to shut it off.
It has been almost 15 minutes and it have not popped back up. I used the right soft key as Winmonewbie just stated and no problems here.

Are you using the WM Alarm system?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

Quote:
I usually don't use the wake up alarm I think I used it once since 4/18 but I don't remember having problems with it I can do a little testing for you.

I will post my findings.

Just to be clear you are getting the pop up that is in the screenshot correct?

If yes first thing is when you go to set the time for the alarm make sure that the repeat option is not selected in that setting alarm screen, and second is have you tried both of the buttons at the bottom on the screen shots?
Yea when i get the pop up i hit the button right next to the start button
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

Quote:
It has been almost 15 minutes and it have not popped back up. I used the right soft key as Winmonewbie just stated and no problems here.

Are you using the WM Alarm system?
Yes I am i will try the right softkey and see how that works thank you for all the helpful input.

Right softkey fixed the problem once again thanks for the help much appreciated.

Last edited by JAMRZ69; 04-29-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69 View Post
Yes I am i will try the right softkey and see how that works thank you for all the helpful input.

Right softkey fixed the problem once again thanks for the help much appreciated.
glad to know i was able to help.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
Sorry, what I shared with what happened to my phone after flashing this rom wasn't meant to offend. If I am to write only bubblegum reviews and all is well with anything I try , let me know and I'll keep quiet when something doesn't go well......even if 15,002 other people have had success.<<<meant in good, sarcastic humor.

I may have to apologize concerning the part of it sending a blank text meaage to everyone in my contact book. I loaded NRG's rom and it happened once.

I was running Epi Rom for quite awhile before I tried RootRom. I ALWAYS flash a stock rom (currently using v2.01.651.6), load it all the way and then hard reset prior to flashing a cooked one. After flashing the cooked rom I flash a different radio since the stock flashes it's own and then hard reset. I'm not certain what could cause the message thing to happen if I flash this way, but it did. Oh, unless BSOD means Black Screen of Death and not Blue, my phone was unresponsive after being on charge the night of flashing RootRom.

If someone can shed some light for me, I wouldn't mind trying this rom again =)
I had a similar problem with the sms thing. Every time i flashed a rom, my wife would get a blank text from me. The problem was narrowed down to a text sitting in draft/outbox during backup of pim.vol. I now make sure that these folders are empty before running pimbackup.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
Sorry, what I shared with what happened to my phone after flashing this rom wasn't meant to offend. If I am to write only bubblegum reviews and all is well with anything I try , let me know and I'll keep quiet when something doesn't go well......even if 15,002 other people have had success.<<<meant in good, sarcastic humor.

I may have to apologize concerning the part of it sending a blank text meaage to everyone in my contact book. I loaded NRG's rom and it happened once.

I was running Epi Rom for quite awhile before I tried RootRom. I ALWAYS flash a stock rom (currently using v2.01.651.6), load it all the way and then hard reset prior to flashing a cooked one. After flashing the cooked rom I flash a different radio since the stock flashes it's own and then hard reset. I'm not certain what could cause the message thing to happen if I flash this way, but it did. Oh, unless BSOD means Black Screen of Death and not Blue, my phone was unresponsive after being on charge the night of flashing RootRom.

If someone can shed some light for me, I wouldn't mind trying this rom again =)
The Dance (flashing Stock and back) is no guarantee of a successful flash, IMO I'd just start over and give it another go. As far as Dancing goes, I ROM Jump (ie no Dance) all the time without issue. If I see weirdness, then I Dance. IMO the hard reset after the Stock flash is a waste of time. If you choose to Dance-flash Stock (let it set up fully), flash custom. Just my .02

How are you flashing? RUU? SD?
If weirdness persists you *could* have something corrupt on your SD card so another flash with your card out may do the trick. Good luck. The ROM rocks so it's definitely worth a re-try or three.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
The Dance (flashing Stock and back) is no guarantee of a successful flash, IMO I'd just start over and give it another go. As far as Dancing goes, I ROM Jump (ie no Dance) all the time without issue. If I see weirdness, then I Dance. IMO the hard reset after the Stock flash is a waste of time. If you choose to Dance-flash Stock (let it set up fully), flash custom. Just my .02

How are you flashing? RUU? SD?
If weirdness persists you *could* have something corrupt on your SD card so another flash with your card out may do the trick. Good luck. The ROM rocks so it's definitely worth a re-try or three.
cant we just chalk it up to an ID10T or user error? i mean seriously a bad flash wouldn't allow the device to even function in the slightest bit. think about when you flash a router to DD-WRT or something like that & if you had a bad flash it would render the device useless..

i would say maybe some of these people are flashing "dumped" roms vs shipped roms when they do the dance, which in theory does absolutely nothing for you, leavin you with many issues.

i will agree on the SD card thing sorta, but its a long shot in my opinion that you wouldn't notice the effects of corrupt items on the sd card prior to flashing.

if you want, pull the battery in the middle of the flash & see what happens. now thats a "bad flash". i think we should stop blaming a bad flash when in reality its probably b/c they aren't doing the process 100% right.

not trying to call you out winmo, i hope you know i/we all appreciate what you bring to the community, but instead i think we should direct people toward what really could be their issue. i just dont believe this whole bad flash thing would result in the experiences they are describing.

just my $0.02 hope you aren't offended winmo, we all luv ya!

/me runs & hides now =]

Last edited by drdrewdown; 04-29-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
cant we just chalk it up to an ID10T or user error? i mean seriously a bad flash wouldn't allow the device to even function in the slightest bit.

i would say maybe some of these people are flashing "dumped" roms vs shipped roms when they do the dance, which in theory does absolutely nothing for you, leavin you with many issues.

i will agree on the SD card thing sorta, but its a long shot in my opinion that you wouldn't notice the effects of corrupt items on the sd card prior to flashing.

if you want, pull the battery in the middle of the flash & see what happens. now thats a "bad flash". i think we should stop blaming a bad flash when in reality its probably b/c they aren't doing the process 100% right.

not trying to call you out winmo, i hope you know i/we all appreciate what you bring to the community, but instead i think we should direct people toward what really could be their issue. i just dont believe this whole bad flash thing would result in the experiences they are describing.

just my $0.02 hope you aren't offended winmo, we all luv ya!

/me runs & hides now =]
LOL! No reason to run Bruddah We all are entitled to our opinions.

I will respectfully disagree with your definition of a bad flash.
"wouldn't allow the device to function in the slightest bit"
IMO a bad flash can FUBAR the device or just cause weird quirks that no one else is seeing. I have, without a doubt, flashed a ROM, had it run 95% correct, then once the malfunctioning 5% was discovered I fixed it by the Dance. Maybe it wasn't the flash, maybe something else but I call that a bad flash.

My post was based simply on someone not having root ROM run as solid as we all know it does, wasn't getting into their specific issues. My "fix" was a blanket one, basically telling them to start over.
You're right though, if someone isnt doing the steps correctly, starting over wont help.
In this case, it sounds like an experienced flasher to me.

Cheers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Winmo is correct.
You can get a bad flash when old files are written to the radio memory because custom roms do not include a radio rom to correct those files.

You may also get a bad flash as in some files are not correctly put on the device because maybe there was a hiccup in the USB connection or the divice slowed way down while flashing the rom. Just a theory of mine.

Then again the chef may also have a hiccup in the kitchen that may cause files to not be added to the rom correctly. Again just a theory of mine.
If that happens new rom will have to be cooked.

In any case, if any of those happen then a simple hard reset will not fix the problem.
It will need a fresh flash and and possibly a flash to stock "shipped" rom to correct the radio and any other memory areas that we may not be aware of.

The many good people that dump these roms for us and also port all the greatness over will probably admit that we don't know every single memory area in the device and what goes there.
I may be wrong and someone may know it all but I doubt it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium