View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 05:14 PM
christian.a
Regular 'Geeker

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/18/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
Sorry, what I shared with what happened to my phone after flashing this rom wasn't meant to offend. If I am to write only bubblegum reviews and all is well with anything I try , let me know and I'll keep quiet when something doesn't go well......even if 15,002 other people have had success.<<<meant in good, sarcastic humor.

I may have to apologize concerning the part of it sending a blank text meaage to everyone in my contact book. I loaded NRG's rom and it happened once.

I was running Epi Rom for quite awhile before I tried RootRom. I ALWAYS flash a stock rom (currently using v2.01.651.6), load it all the way and then hard reset prior to flashing a cooked one. After flashing the cooked rom I flash a different radio since the stock flashes it's own and then hard reset. I'm not certain what could cause the message thing to happen if I flash this way, but it did. Oh, unless BSOD means Black Screen of Death and not Blue, my phone was unresponsive after being on charge the night of flashing RootRom.

If someone can shed some light for me, I wouldn't mind trying this rom again =)
I had a similar problem with the sms thing. Every time i flashed a rom, my wife would get a blank text from me. The problem was narrowed down to a text sitting in draft/outbox during backup of pim.vol. I now make sure that these folders are empty before running pimbackup.