PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Systom
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sae View Post
Just tested again, and it's working fine for me. Did you install the arcsoft cab (Sprint MMS)? Not sure if Root cooked it in. I think this is the one I use.

What exactly are you seeing? I'm not sure what you mean by 'It's won text box' Outgoing is blue, incoming green. You should see an orange and blue icon with a blue box around it. When you click it it should load the mms (assuming it's been downloaded). If it hasn't downloaded, it's a data issue, not the skin.
After reflashing a few times over to check out camera issues, I re-tried the cab and it's working fine now, so my apologies on that end, dunno what the hell was up with it before.

Also to note, still having the same camera issues even on the latest XXXDarkroot--I dunno what it could be, but while on the stock sprint rom, the camera works just fine. Gonna see if I can get screen shots of when it's not just completely black.

EDIT: This is basically what I see, if it's not entirely blacked out, you see the focus bars, and usually it's squared right around the green bars with what the camera's seeing, THAT small and just that one tiny part. For some reason the screen shot didn't capture that though, just the cursor like so;

Last edited by Systom; 03-02-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
After reflashing a few times over to check out camera issues, I re-tried the cab and it's working fine now, so my apologies on that end, dunno what the hell was up with it before.

Also to note, still having the same camera issues even on the latest XXXDarkroot--I dunno what it could be, but while on the stock sprint rom, the camera works just fine. Gonna see if I can get screen shots of when it's not just completely black.

EDIT: This is basically what I see, if it's not entirely blacked out, you see the focus bars, and usually it's squared right around the green bars with what the camera's seeing, THAT small and just that one tiny part. For some reason the screen shot didn't capture that though, just the cursor like so;
same issue here with the camera on the Mar 02 Dark...
Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 02 2

Does the problem go away if you touch the screen? For me, it does, if I touch the center of the D-pad and then touch the screen, it's fine.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 02 2

Not sure what the problem is.
Camera works perfect here everytime
Old 03-02-2010, 10:32 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Arcsoft is cooked in with carrier support for all carriers already.
There should be no need to remove and install carriers again.
It has been tested by many.
Works perfect for me on Sprint.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:46 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

This is the only way I can get a black screen in the camera.

LOL
Old 03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Not sure what the problem is.
Camera works perfect here everytime
Ok, I just noticed this: It probably has something to do with the accelerometer. If I start the camera in portrait mode and I keep my phone in portrait, no problem. If I start the camera with the phone in landscape mode, then my screen is black.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
This is the only way I can get a black screen in the camera.

LOL
haha...see? I knew it, you take your pictures in portrait mode.

Last edited by gimme5; 03-02-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

So are you sliding the kb or just tilting the device?
Just tried with device tilted then hit camera and it worked fine as well. Have you tried opening the camera in portrait and then tilting as well?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
So are you sliding the kb or just tilting the device?
Just tried with device tilted then hit camera and it worked fine as well. Have you tried opening the camera in portrait and then tilting as well?
Just tilting it. It works fine if I open it in portrait, let the preview load, and then I put it in landscape.

Maybe I should make a quick vid.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium