PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

The File Explorer issue is present on XXXDark too (dont use it, just tried it after these last two posts)
I can sort normally via Menu/Sort By
Old 02-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
I flashed the latest XXXDarkRootRom, maybe I'm retarded here, but how do I get to all of the main phones settings? Normally there's a settings icon that gets me there, I'm talking about to like to change my ringtones, change background/shell types, or to turn off the vibrating, to uninstall programs, am I missing something here?
Does THIS help?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Systom

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Does THIS help?
**** yeah it does, fixed, rom is working sweet of course now as far as I can tell and see.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
I flashed the latest XXXDarkRootRom, maybe I'm retarded here, but how do I get to all of the main phones settings? Normally there's a settings icon that gets me there, I'm talking about to like to change my ringtones, change background/shell types, or to turn off the vibrating, to uninstall programs, am I missing something here?
read back a few pages to find the regedit. until you fix that, you can go from the settings tab on HTC Sense & hit menu>all settings
Old 02-28-2010, 06:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: MetroPCS

juicy.cook is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Did you install a new taskbar?
No issues here.

I think I understand why the taskbar drop down icons are off again and will try and fix them for the next update.
They were working on my test run and I changed a few things before release.
Should be an easy fix.
Nope, nothing installed. This happened after the initial set-up I went in and started making my changes in order to set up the device (mail, changing backlight settings, etc) and then this happened. Nothing major. I'll probably just see if I cant just install a new taskbar and see if it fixes the issue.

edit:

not sure what the original problem was but after the install all is well.

Last edited by juicy.cook; 02-28-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
MillsTech

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hey rootrom .... your rom is awesome and runs so fast ... i have only one problem though i cant seem to get fixed ... my weather will not update using my location it will update if i manually enter the city but not on the home page ... i am with alltel .. and everything else is working ..

i am using your XXXRootRom
Old 02-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillsTech View Post
hey rootrom .... your rom is awesome and runs so fast ... i have only one problem though i cant seem to get fixed ... my weather will not update using my location it will update if i manually enter the city but not on the home page ... i am with alltel .. and everything else is working ..

did you enable my location from either the home tab menu or the weather tab menu? you should find a button called "enable my location"
Old 02-28-2010, 07:34 PM
MillsTech

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; ) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown
Quote:

did you enable my location from either the home tab menu or the weather tab menu? you should find a button called "enable my location"
yes i did enable my location in all the sections i could find .... google maps which uses my location works great 5 satalites in 2 or 3 seconds
Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; ) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

yes i did enable my location in all the sections i could find .... google maps which uses my location works great 5 satalites in 2 or 3 seconds
Tap clock, Add your city and then go directly to weather tab and update now.

Last edited by jdm627; 02-28-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jspenc3 is just getting started

Wow, had a major issue last night with the latest xxxroot. Everything has been running (mostly) fine for the past two days, and then last night I picked up the phone to check for messages and discovered TouchFlo wasn't running. Instead I just saw the background wallpaper and the message "touch here to start TouchFlo" (or something similar) at the top. If I touched that it seemed to try to load several programs in the background for a bit and then just went back to that message.

So I said no biggie, just soft reset. It rebooted and strangely I got the same problem. Now I was starting to get worried so I tried using any of the other phone features. The the ONLY thing I could do was get to the phone dialer. No windows menu, no soft buttons (clock, task switch bar, anything), nothing would work. In fact, in the dialer it wasn't even pulling up my contacts, it was like a fresh phone. I didn't try calling anyone, but that's about all I could do.

I soft reset a good half dozen times, and every time it did the same thing. It was like something was borked in the startup and preventing Windows/touchflo from properly starting and leaving windows in an unusable state.

Anyway, I did a hard reset and everything is working fine again. Any idea why this would happen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium