PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspenc3 View Post
Wow, had a major issue last night with the latest xxxroot. Everything has been running (mostly) fine for the past two days, and then last night I picked up the phone to check for messages and discovered TouchFlo wasn't running. Instead I just saw the background wallpaper and the message "touch here to start TouchFlo" (or something similar) at the top. If I touched that it seemed to try to load several programs in the background for a bit and then just went back to that message.

So I said no biggie, just soft reset. It rebooted and strangely I got the same problem. Now I was starting to get worried so I tried using any of the other phone features. The the ONLY thing I could do was get to the phone dialer. No windows menu, no soft buttons (clock, task switch bar, anything), nothing would work. In fact, in the dialer it wasn't even pulling up my contacts, it was like a fresh phone. I didn't try calling anyone, but that's about all I could do.

I soft reset a good half dozen times, and every time it did the same thing. It was like something was borked in the startup and preventing Windows/touchflo from properly starting and leaving windows in an unusable state.

Anyway, I did a hard reset and everything is working fine again. Any idea why this would happen?
I experienced that some times but with Dark Rom and that happened to me because I did not a flashdance and my other experienced with mods than actually are not working with 2012
So for sure in my opinion in this case it's not the Rom.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
MillsTech

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Tap clock, Add your city and then go directly to weather tab and update now.
thank you so much ... that allowed for my city to appear on the homescreen ... i would still like to understand why my location isnt working when so many are saying it does ....
Old 02-28-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by botnryan View Post
After Lumos and battery enhancement im a happy camper root been running for 2 1/2 hours and still at 91% lightning fast and actually the WiFi freak out issue seems to have temporarily fixed itself haha.
Could you post the battery enhancement cab that you used??

Thanks
Old 02-28-2010, 10:39 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I have many battery tweaks cooked in.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillsTech View Post
thank you so much ... that allowed for my city to appear on the homescreen ... i would still like to understand why my location isnt working when so many are saying it does ....
My Location can be quirky and inconsistent. It is largely based on cell tower communication so sometimes flashing a new radio can help. Before you do that did you run Quick GPS under Settings/GPS? That can help also.
I've seen many users get intermittent results with it even when the vast majority have it work fine.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DCLocal is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

I just flashed Root's ROM tonight (RootROMLS 2.5) and while it has only been a few hours I'm very impressed with this ROM; it's very snappy and looks great.

Thank you to everyone in this thread. There are so many answers and tips, and it saved me just tonight when I went through the "Where in the heck is the Systems folder in Root's ROM" drill...
Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
this happens to me as well. however i first noticed it on windows marketplace, but after your post, it happens on file explorer too
Ive had this problem in several areas today. Also once i was in a phone call, the other person lost signal and the call was dropped, phone completely locked up, had to soft reset it, twice actually just to get it running again.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Systom

Having issues with the camera on XXXDarkRoot, is it just me or anyone else having this issue? Like the screen blacks out itself, you can still take pictures, but you can't see anything, you need to tap the menu screen and it turns off and on randomly it seems. Also when you touch the center button, that's when it tends to black out, or it shows a tiny box in the middle where it's focusing and that's all you can see on the screen. Same for the video mode.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Camera works perfect for me.
Have taken several pics and no issues.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

djwalter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to djwalter Send a message via Skype™ to djwalter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
Having issues with the camera on XXXDarkRoot, is it just me or anyone else having this issue? Like the screen blacks out itself, you can still take pictures, but you can't see anything, you need to tap the menu screen and it turns off and on randomly it seems. Also when you touch the center button, that's when it tends to black out, or it shows a tiny box in the middle where it's focusing and that's all you can see on the screen. Same for the video mode.
Camera works fine for me as well and I'm using XXXDarkRoot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium