PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 08 2010

Must be an SD card issue on the Gold. The phone doesn't even see the card anymore when trying to boot/dance from it. Updating the ROM to Gold now via usb. I'm thinking the flash by sd was the culprit for the Gold hanging. Note though this isn't the cause of the sound problems I had with Silver. The Gold was my first time flashing via SD.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 08 2010

Root,
Question on 0208 ROMs. Looks like the MaxSilver NBH is still dated 0202. I'm not seeing a difference in the newly downloaded RAR file.

Edit: NVM, had a blond moment!!

Last edited by tx_jaycee; 02-08-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: NVM
Old 02-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

LoWw is just getting started

Anyone have the cab file for the Compact Keyboard? I noticed that MaxRootCombo doesnt have it preinstalled!!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

This has never happened to me with any of the Root 2.5 ROMs.

tsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 View Post
Ok, update. The SMS received sound died again. Had a test call made to me and the default ringtone is still working. Last rom killed ringtone, this one kills text tones. Would DL a 2.1 fast rom but I really like MAX. I'm going to bounce back to SKI for a bit. I have no idea what's causing this Root. I've never had this problem with any other ROMs. I do know it's not a hardware issue. Beyond that I've no clue.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, pulling my hair out here. Loaded Gold into the phone. Updater reset the phone. Ran customizations, and hung right at the end. HR, made it through cust, and hung on loading Sense again. Start - Settings - today - items - removed check from Sense. Screen went all screwy. SR, loads just fine w/o sense. Start-settings-today-turned sense back on, went kinda wacky, and sense started working. SR, and guess what? Hangs on loading Sense. AARRGGHH!!! Will DL a fresh copy and try yet again...

And I really like the look of Gold for the short time it was running. Sweet!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, did everything all over from the start. Through activesync. DL a fresh gold. Deleted all the old ones, re-unrared to a new folder.
Flashed stock. HR. Everything working perfect.
Flashed Gold. Went through cust just fine, reset itself.
Loading up, gets to launching Sense, and just sits there.
The phone is not unresponsive. It sleeps and wakes fine. Just says Launching HTC Sence.

In fact, it was just asleep while I was typing this and it woke up and said "Excuse me boss, you have a text message."

But sense is not up, and now I gotta try and figure out how to read that text b4 I flash again...
Old 02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Read it through wm messaging.
Will test it here later.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

I can't wait for the 2.1 roms.
But I can officially say there is no difference on battery performance between
21889 and the 23518.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
I can't wait for the 2.1 roms.
But I can officially say there is no difference on battery performance between
21889 and the 23518.
Which build is preferred?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Read it through wm messaging.
Will test it here later.
Got it read, though it was quite difficult to get to WM messenging. Seems when it hangs its eating monster memory. Figured out that hitting the vol up button brought up an active start button, and mamaged to finally navigate there, but it took a loooong time.

Decided to try a totally different build and see what my phone does. Downloaded RootRom21_02062010_23518, did the full flash dance again, and now it's going through Customization. We'll see what a totally different build does.

Sent you a little something for your troubles root. Go get a bottle, I don't think beer would cover it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium