View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:12 PM
jspenc3
PPCGeeks Regular

jspenc3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Wow, had a major issue last night with the latest xxxroot. Everything has been running (mostly) fine for the past two days, and then last night I picked up the phone to check for messages and discovered TouchFlo wasn't running. Instead I just saw the background wallpaper and the message "touch here to start TouchFlo" (or something similar) at the top. If I touched that it seemed to try to load several programs in the background for a bit and then just went back to that message.

So I said no biggie, just soft reset. It rebooted and strangely I got the same problem. Now I was starting to get worried so I tried using any of the other phone features. The the ONLY thing I could do was get to the phone dialer. No windows menu, no soft buttons (clock, task switch bar, anything), nothing would work. In fact, in the dialer it wasn't even pulling up my contacts, it was like a fresh phone. I didn't try calling anyone, but that's about all I could do.

I soft reset a good half dozen times, and every time it did the same thing. It was like something was borked in the startup and preventing Windows/touchflo from properly starting and leaving windows in an unusable state.

Anyway, I did a hard reset and everything is working fine again. Any idea why this would happen?