PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Speed of the device has nothing to do with 4G.
I know that. I was just saying if my phone is processing 480% faster I could care less how fast I download an app , doesn't take but about 15 secs now.
With Tapatalk I'm on the sites in less than 30 secs. I can live without 4G if I have to. I've got a phone that doesn't lag , or freeze up , and I don't have to reset it , so I'm fine with 3G.

If I want to stream videos or download movies I've got a netbook on wi-fi that can handle it and has a larger screen.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r

Last edited by jbh00jh; 05-13-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone heard anything on root progress ???
Old 05-14-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Nothing yet, I have as many forums and threads on instant notifications though, so I am hoping I will know VERY soon after it is accomplished LOL!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP

Yeah , I read on the HTC blog that HTC had really tried hard to make the Incredible unrootable.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I saw that one as well, but I still don't doubt that it will be done eventually....maybe a bit longer than other devices, but there are some pretty smart cookies out there!!!!

If the new update offers wi-fi routing as rumored, I really don't think I would care if this never gets rooted. I am quite happy with it, rooting would be icing on the cake, but not a deal-breaker on my opinion of this device!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Almost a VIP

I feel the same way , it we get that extra speed and memory , I'm a happy camper. Wi - Fi router fine too.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Almost a VIP

MORE ANDROID FROYO rumors

http://mobiletechaddicts.com/

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by jbh00jh; 05-16-2010 at 05:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Everything mentioned in there sounds fantastic (although I can't imagine how fast 450% faster would be on the Incredible LOL)!!!

Thanks for the link...I just hope this does come through for our Incredibles before too long, I really don't think I will care if we get rooted if this update occurs LOL!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Sounds like you know a lot of nothing. Your a Winmo guy anyway
hahaha. Just because I was more so a winmo guy, doesn't mean I don't know anything....
and what in my post said I didn't know anything?
Atleast point it out otherwise you're nothing but a troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I do have them in stock and haha I haven't sent anyone a phone since helmi_c. I rather attempt and brick them myself.

Well I can say that 100% of the people at our store, not only know how to flash but know to work almost every feature of the device. So we are in that 1 percentile, sorry your stores/representatives suck a$$ where your from.
~mike
heh, I was just joking about sending him the phone.
And that's awesome...I hate nothing more than going to a store and they don't know anything about the phone other than what the display states. But it is kinda fun to sit there and tell people the pros and cons of each phone, and to help the other customers get a better phone than the representative was trying to sell them haha.
I've sent quite a bunch of them to here and xda back in the day.
I mainly have problems with the phone techs though. Most of them (or atleast the ones I get) don't know anything other than what their script says. haha. What happened to only getting hired if you're qualified for the job? Oh yeah, that's classified as "discrimination" now-a-days. LOL
Old 05-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Almost a VIP

Re: Re: Root root root!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Everything mentioned in there sounds fantastic (although I can't imagine how fast 450% faster would be on the Incredible LOL)!!!

Thanks for the link...I just hope this does come through for our Incredibles before too long, I really don't think I will care if we get rooted if this update occurs LOL!!!!
I feel the same way , will check out the update before root.
Only two more days till the Google meeting .

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development