PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

A few days ago my Friend Stream stopped updating and my Gmail seemed to stop working on 5.0. Its probably my fault as I was flashing around a while back and never hard reset. So I hard reset and everything seemed to work. I decided to switch over to the Sense 2.1 ROM. Everything is working great, Friend Stream doesn't update whenever the hell it wants(I've ALWAYS had this problem, no matter what ROM or setting.) Only issue I have, and I don't think this is anything you can fix but I send text messages to email addresses. The old Sense allowed this to work fine, but now it tries coverting the message to MMS. I need these messages to be sent as SMS still. Any idea if this is changable, or is that just how the new Sense is going to work?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

Ive been using the sense 2.1 rom for a week or so and have been loving it. But lately Ive been having low memory issues. Currently Im using Internet, Talk and handcent, along with the usual crap running in the background Im sure, and anytime I switch from handcent or talk back to internet it has been closed and needs to reload the page entirely. Also Sense has been reloading itself frequently which it does when memory gets low and everything closes. ATK regularly shows something like 80mb available which I know is kind of low.

Anyone else having similar issues or know how to fix it?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

[LEAK] Shooter_Sprint_WWE_1.07.651.1 (EVO 3D)

[LEAK] Shooter_Sprint_WWE_1.07.651.1 (EVO 3D) - xda-developers
Old 05-16-2011, 02:18 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
A few days ago my Friend Stream stopped updating and my Gmail seemed to stop working on 5.0. Its probably my fault as I was flashing around a while back and never hard reset. So I hard reset and everything seemed to work. I decided to switch over to the Sense 2.1 ROM. Everything is working great, Friend Stream doesn't update whenever the hell it wants(I've ALWAYS had this problem, no matter what ROM or setting.) Only issue I have, and I don't think this is anything you can fix but I send text messages to email addresses. The old Sense allowed this to work fine, but now it tries coverting the message to MMS. I need these messages to be sent as SMS still. Any idea if this is changable, or is that just how the new Sense is going to work?
i'm not positive but I read the same.....sms->mms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Ive been using the sense 2.1 rom for a week or so and have been loving it. But lately Ive been having low memory issues. Currently Im using Internet, Talk and handcent, along with the usual crap running in the background Im sure, and anytime I switch from handcent or talk back to internet it has been closed and needs to reload the page entirely. Also Sense has been reloading itself frequently which it does when memory gets low and everything closes. ATK regularly shows something like 80mb available which I know is kind of low.

Anyone else having similar issues or know how to fix it?
havent seen any of those issues, try running the cache cleaner that I included in the rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
[LEAK] Shooter_Sprint_WWE_1.07.651.1 (EVO 3D)

[LEAK] Shooter_Sprint_WWE_1.07.651.1 (EVO 3D) - xda-developers
yep, i'm on it
Old 05-16-2011, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Hopefully 1 last n00b question. Any idea how to get to your company directory when using an Exchange email? I didn't see an option anywhere
Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

Anyone have Netflix working on this ROM yet?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:25 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Hopefully 1 last n00b question. Any idea how to get to your company directory when using an Exchange email? I didn't see an option anywhere
I can't remember which ROM you're using but on the Sense 2.1 ROM, I open People, then hit the search button, once I enter a couple letters, I start seeing matching contacts, but below them is a big magnifying glass, "search contacts in your company directory", I hit it & it starts searching

I can't remember if u can do this on the older Sense....
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I can't remember which ROM you're using but on the Sense 2.1 ROM, I open People, then hit the search button, once I enter a couple letters, I start seeing matching contacts, but below them is a big magnifying glass, "search contacts in your company directory", I hit it & it starts searching

I can't remember if u can do this on the older Sense....
Cool that worked. Ill just have to compose mail that way. Before I could go into the inbox, hit compose and there would be an option for company directory
Old 05-18-2011, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lokalori is just getting started

is there a way to get the drop down toggle switches on this rom like on the OMJ froyo rom?

-Loki
Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Cool that worked. Ill just have to compose mail that way. Before I could go into the inbox, hit compose and there would be an option for company directory
you can still use inbox, compose, click the people icon, then enter some letters in the search box, the "search contacts in your company directory" will show at bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokalori View Post
is there a way to get the drop down toggle switches on this rom like on the OMJ froyo rom?

-Loki
I assume you're using the 5.0 ROM based on the leaked EVO GB ROM......I havent seen that mod created for this leak....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development