PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ssolomon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to ssolomon
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

At the risk of being mocked... what is the difference between the two gingerbread ROMs on this thread?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dottat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I'm getting the "Low on space" error.
I've read all I have to do is partition my SD card. I guess I need to know if any of your ROMs supports EXT4 ?
And if the steps on post 2 here [Script][A2SD]Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [HeroCDMA] (01/29/2011) - xda-developers are still accurate. Has everyone else already done this and/or is this recommended? Should I make any adjustments to those steps or that looks good to go?
according the output of an "a2sd check" this one only supports ext2 and ext3... of which ive used both.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:29 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
according the output of an "a2sd check" this one only supports ext2 and ext3... of which ive used both.
Looking everywhere I find different settings for partitioning the sd card. I have a 16gb class 10 sd card and about 130 apps on my phone. I use Amon ra recovery. how do I know what to choose as the swap size and partition size?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Looks like the Novatec display issue is still there. So close to making this a daily driver ROM!

Keep up the great work OMJ!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
EvoZone Misfit

I have been home for a couple weeks out of work and have flashed about 6 ROMS in the last couple weeks to see what was out there. I was on OMJ 4.5 for the longest time and needed to see some GB. EvoZone Misfit was the most stable I ran across. Too many had stability issues and didnt like the hiccups. I was on EvoZone until u released yours. Other than the lockscreen disappearing when I reboot, all is well.

One issue I did have while reflashing back to 2.3.3 GB (OMJ)was a force close on Setup. I did a Culkin format all and it didnt correct it, so I had to go in Am Ra to wipe everything separably. Couple times I also ran into a FC of the market and had to reflash again (2.3.3 OMJ). Handcent wont flash an indicator, but I have fouond that to be true for all the GB ROMS. Text alerts come through on stock, but not HC.
this is the downside to these ports, always running into some goofy issues, that's why I've always preferred to use a EVO base ROM, but this just gives ppl options.

I've seen the FC on setup just once, it appeared a few times, then somehow corrected itself & was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssolomon View Post
At the risk of being mocked... what is the difference between the two gingerbread ROMs on this thread?

OMJ's EVO 2.3.3 GingerBread w/ Sense 2.1 v1.3 (post #1) is a ported ROM from the EVO Shift which has Sense 2.1

OMJ's EVO 2.3.3 GingerBread v5.0 (post #2) is a leaked ROM for the EVO, but has Sense 1.0 (it's an early version of the GB update that will soon come to EVO, so it's more official)

Last edited by OMJ; 05-25-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
Looking everywhere I find different settings for partitioning the sd card. I have a 16gb class 10 sd card and about 130 apps on my phone. I use Amon ra recovery. how do I know what to choose as the swap size and partition size?
I used swap of 32mb, and the partition 2gb, but thats up to u
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Hey OMJ. I'm running EvoZone Misfits speedy port RC1 odex. No problems to report to this point. Everything works flawlessly. Give it a look.

[ROM]-5.25.11- EVOZone - MiSfit RC1/Odex - VR Inspire 4G - CalkulinHD - xda-developers
Old 05-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

luis32744 is a n00b

INSTALLED on MY HTC EVO and it works awesome!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

acenpkt is a n00b
Re: Problem with Voice Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Anyone having an issue with Voice Search?

It might be common to roms based on the leaked rom. It happens with this rom as well as with fresh.

When using Voice Search the mic hardly picks up my voice, when it does, it's result always starts with "cg"..

Anyone else confirm?

-CC
I had the same issue... All I did was go Menu>setting>Voice Input & output
Select the second option on the list (Test-to-speech setting), once there tap "install Voice Data" I followed the directions and it was all fixed up.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 13 years and counting

dodgebusta is a n00b

So I was on CM7 and decided to switch to OMJ cause its Sense based and I missed that. But I just flashed and it found out that the brightness bug sucks. Can somebody tell me if there is a way to use OMJ and but "ACTUALLY" turn the brightness down like in CM7? I know there are ways to darken the screen where as it puts a filter on the screen but it still kills my battery life. So if not I will need to switch back to CM7 until OMJ and the other
Sense based ROM's can actually turn the brightness down.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development