PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre5][1.0]

i love your rom!!!

my only questions are, the camera app. the focus is pretty horrible. can i touch to focus like with the 2.2 camera? touch the screen where i want the camera to focus then take the pic?

secondly, the 4G icon doesn't show signal strength like CM7. anyway to add this?

besides those two things, so far i love it. the rom is much more stable and reliable than CM7 has ever been for me. signal strength and 4G seem to be solid where as CM7 4G continuously disconnects and reconnects.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Ok...noob question about the Tiamat kernel...what does SBC stand for...what is it...and how is the SBC kernel (better<?>) than the non SBC version?

I'm currently running the non-SBC version...1st gen hardware...pre5...with no major issues at all.
"Superior Battery Charging"

Basically it trickle charges your battery, meaning you get a real full charge. If you've ever noticed you lose the first 10% of your battery way faster than you lose the rest of it, it's because it's not really 100% charged. I was on 90% + battery life yesterday until like 8 pm and I'd had it off the charger since 1:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
i love your rom!!!

my only questions are, the camera app. the focus is pretty horrible. can i touch to focus like with the 2.2 camera? touch the screen where i want the camera to focus then take the pic?

secondly, the 4G icon doesn't show signal strength like CM7. anyway to add this?

besides those two things, so far i love it. the rom is much more stable and reliable than CM7 has ever been for me. signal strength and 4G seem to be solid where as CM7 4G continuously disconnects and reconnects.
Hold the camera button to focus, release to take a picture. As far as the 4G icon- I use Cyanbread theme and it works perfectly and shows signal strength.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

jstalford is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
if you see on my last post when i posted pre5, thats exactly what it is. my cpu hangs at abou 0 - 4% now on pre5 with tiamt kernel. i dont have any problems with gallery on pre5. ill post scrfeenshots of my battery usage soon. WIFI PROBLEMS PLEASE FLASH TIAMAT OR SAVAGED ZENS LATEST KERNEL, AND MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE EVO KERNEL
Still working on finishg touches for 1.0. BTW, 1.0 will probably have tiamat sbc kernel stock. so if you dont like sbc or are affraid of it (which you shouldnt be, take it from me, its perfectly safe) you may want to download the non sbc kernel of your choice. i am hoping i dont have to push 1.0 back, doing everything i can to release on time.

-deck
Have you thought about maybe incorporating the SBC on/off switch from the SZ ROM (Don't really know what that would entail of if it would require only using the SZ kernel).
Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g

zerogrips13 is a n00b

I'm having issue on pre3 high internal system process running CPU at 100%. If I reboot it fine then pops back up to 100% here's some pics

Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaisport_sf View Post
Just retested to see what it would give me...

I got 1431 with wifi on and no apps killed. I have hit as high as 1530ish...

Btw that score is with my clock at 1228mhz.

Test took 46.7 seconds in total.

It is also why I don't trust quadrant much. I just ran it against a youtube droid x test where it was overclocked to 1.3. My test finished a full 9.6 seconds faster yet they scored 1640 and on my last test I got 1248. I will say the graphics test is smoother overall on the droid x but heck, I'd take my 10sec faster any day.
I had set my clock to 1190mhz when I got that result of 796.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
I had set my clock to 1190mhz when I got that result of 796.
Yeah but it you weren't using the phone much before that point and your minimum was low, it was likely running at close to minimum speed.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

medic98 is a n00b

[QUOTE=zerogrips13;2087571]I'm having issue on pre3 high internal system process running CPU at 100%. If I reboot it fine then pops back up to 100% here's

Whats spare parts saying? Check CPU usage there and Partial wake usage. That will help give you a clue of whats doing it. Im assuming you did a full wipe etc?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay89 View Post
Yeah but it you weren't using the phone much before that point and your minimum was low, it was likely running at close to minimum speed.
My settings r 245mhz min and 1190mhz max on interactive mode.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond

hachiroku is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay89 View Post
Hold the camera button to focus, release to take a picture. As far as the 4G icon- I use Cyanbread theme and it works perfectly and shows signal strength.
i understand how to focus, but i want to touch the screen to focus to where i touched on the screen. maybe this is a limitation of the gingerbread camera app? i generally do this when i want to focus or white balance on an off center item. like a item on the corner of the screen or a background item vs what is in the foreground.

in regards to 4G signal icon, i only see a 3G style icon where it shows up and down arrows. not the signal bar's as i'm used to with CM7.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

jstalford is just getting started

Does your phone usually like that clock speed though? Faster is not always better. For me increasing only makes it faster to a point (1113 or 1152), then starts decreasing again.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development