PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved
Carrier: Sprint

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01
Re: [4-7-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc9][STABL-ER]

I posted this after the to answers were provided above... @ work I would definitely make sure it's enabled and the fix had to do with rebooting.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

fadi33 is just getting started

i flashed a fresh rc9 and everything is fine except for BeautifulWidgets3.4. after i installed it, when i insert a widget, its just a black screen with nothing else. i have to press the home key to go back to homescreen.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I had the same problem but I let it sit and came back to it, it seemed to resolve itself and has been working fine since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadi33 View Post
i flashed a fresh rc9 and everything is fine except for BeautifulWidgets3.4. after i installed it, when i insert a widget, its just a black screen with nothing else. i have to press the home key to go back to homescreen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blankc
Carrier: blank

tankcole is a n00b

Deck, I have a question. I saw that in your OP, you said you were getting 31 hours of battery life which is just what I'm looking for! Were you using the the stock CM kernel that comes with your ROM? Also what CPU governor were you using at that time?
Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

fadi33 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
I had the same problem but I let it sit and came back to it, it seemed to resolve itself and has been working fine since.
Thats worked, just needed to be patient. Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcole View Post
Deck, I have a question. I saw that in your OP, you said you were getting 31 hours of battery life which is just what I'm looking for! Were you using the the stock CM kernel that comes with your ROM? Also what CPU governor were you using at that time?
This, emphatically. I usually run Tiamat's kernels, but if stock or SZ will give me better life with this ROM, I'm willing to switch- I LOVE Deck's ROM
Old 04-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Lurker

tankcole is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay89 View Post
This, emphatically. I usually run Tiamat's kernels, but if stock or SZ will give me better life with this ROM, I'm willing to switch- I LOVE Deck's ROM
I've had my eye on Tiamat kernel for a couple of weeks now lol and I really like what I see. What I'll probably end up doing is monitor battery life with the stock kernel for a couple of weeks and then switch to Tiamat.
But I'm too impatient to wait that long, I want good battery life now!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Lurker

Keepoppin is a n00b

Hey Deck!

Thank you for all the hard work that you've put in on the original CM code to bring us this sleek and wonderful AOSP rom. I've got two things to cover...

1) I saw that you said you wanted to learn why the GPS fix works, even after wipe. I came to your rom from Myn's Warm 2.2. There is a "Non-sense" zip that you can download that completely removes some details from that Rom so it "feels" more Vanilla. I discovered that when this fix is in place (even though it doesn't REALLY remove Sense, just details of it), the GPS fix doesn't work. I had to load a previous Nandroid from before the fix to help. That might help you narrow down what area of Sense is actually being affected with the GPS Fix in the code itself.

2)I've been with you since RC6 but I've only just registered to mention these things. Tethering works. 4G work. 4g+Tethering does NOT work, however. Is this a known problem or is there a fix within RC9 or future releases?

Thanks again for all the work you've done!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcole View Post
I've had my eye on Tiamat kernel for a couple of weeks now lol and I really like what I see. What I'll probably end up doing is monitor battery life with the stock kernel for a couple of weeks and then switch to Tiamat.
But I'm too impatient to wait that long, I want good battery life now!
I have the same problem.. lol

What I went ahead and did was download my preferred version of Savaged Zen, 3.3.4 and 3.3.5 of Tiamat and put them all in a folder on my SD. Gonna give the stock kernel today off the charger with moderate use and see what happens. Then tomorrow I'm going to try the CFS-HAVS-SBC of SZ and see how it looks. After that 3.3.4 and then 3.3.5 on Sunday. I know you're TECHNICALLY supposed to give your kernel a day to set, but I'm impatient and flash something new like twice a day (whether it's testing CM7 nightlies, a new kernel, going back to VaelPak to see what's new... you get the point).
Old 04-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Lurker

tankcole is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay89 View Post
I have the same problem.. lol

What I went ahead and did was download my preferred version of Savaged Zen, 3.3.4 and 3.3.5 of Tiamat and put them all in a folder on my SD. Gonna give the stock kernel today off the charger with moderate use and see what happens. Then tomorrow I'm going to try the CFS-HAVS-SBC of SZ and see how it looks. After that 3.3.4 and then 3.3.5 on Sunday. I know you're TECHNICALLY supposed to give your kernel a day to set, but I'm impatient and flash something new like twice a day (whether it's testing CM7 nightlies, a new kernel, going back to VaelPak to see what's new... you get the point).
Doesn't SZ have a problem with transferring files over USB? Also, I won't go near an SBC kernel after losing my first Evo. I don't know what caused it but, basically whenever I let the battery die it would no longer charge. I even had the battery replaced twice and the same night it would do the same thing. May have been a hardware issue...

I think I'm going to put a bunch of kernels on my SD card like you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development