PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-7-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc9][STABL-ER]

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post

i tried sending text message more than 160 characters .... it looks like it starts counting when u are running out of room and then tells u that u are going to be sending 2 messages ... but when u send it just says sending and never sends .. i guess that is the bug u are referring to ..
Yup, you got it.

Edit: Disregard - I saw the "fix." Thanks.

Any update on the GPS?

Last edited by Aloupha; 04-07-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

jstalford is just getting started
Re: [4-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc8][STABLER]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
well. there is actually quite a bit different. as mentioned before, yes i use the stock aosp gingerbread launcher. also many packages are stock aosp packages, not edited and modified by the cm team. cyanogenmod uses a few other packages i.e. their statistics and etc that i do not add. i also add some other tweaks that i have learned over the past year. i consider my rom more of a base rom, stock, but with all the usefull features, without the bloat. ready for you to theme it the way you like! in no way am i putting cyanogenmod down, as they are quite responsible for gingerbread running on our devices. they have some of the best devs out there hands down. hope this helps out. i like my roms to be as minimal as possible, and vanilla, so the user can theme it the way he/she likes.

-deck
Thanks, I knew there were other differences, but that spells it out better.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Yup, you got it.

Edit: Disregard - I saw the "fix." Thanks.

Any update on the GPS?
restore a nanadroid from a sense ROM or flash a sense ROM .. Get your msl code (you can use msl reader from the market), then type ##gpsclrx# in the dialer, after that enter your msl code and clear gps, then wait for your phone to reboot. Now nanadroid back to your deck ROM .. GPS should be working fine now
Old 04-07-2011, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
restore a nanadroid from a sense ROM or flash a sense ROM .. Get your msl code (you can use msl reader from the market), then type ##gpsclrx# in the dialer, after that enter your msl code and clear gps, then wait for your phone to reboot. Now nanadroid back to your deck ROM .. GPS should be working fine now
Must I do that every time I have to flash this rom? Or is this a one time thing?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Must I do that every time I have to flash this rom? Or is this a one time thing?
It's a one time thing.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

jlehett is a n00b

I have recently tried this ROM (RC along with the Dark Horse theme - looks and feels great! The one issue is seem to have on something I use often is the Voice Search "note to self" feature. It correctly interprets what I say, and puts up the form with the message filled in and the 'Send' and 'Cancel' buttons, but if I hit 'Send' it does a force close. Any thoughts if this is related to the ROM itself, or the DarkHorse gapps?

Note: Other Voice Search features seem to work fine, like 'navigate to ...' or the like without the force close, so I am assuming its some interaction with the 'note to self' interface to gmail?

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

tkelly311 is a n00b

Just flashed rc9 and I noticed the power control settings in the notification drop down are gone again. I was just wondering if this was intentional or not. I like having those there for easy access to bluetooth and gps without having to add to my power control widget.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly311 View Post
Just flashed rc9 and I noticed the power control settings in the notification drop down are gone again. I was just wondering if this was intentional or not. I like having those there for easy access to bluetooth and gps without having to add to my power control widget.
make sure this option is enabled .. might not be default anymore

menu/settings/advanced settings/interface/notification power widget
"notification power widget" -> enable
Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

BMWPPCGeeks is a n00b

Mine did not show until after a reboot.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlehett View Post
I have recently tried this ROM (RC along with the Dark Horse theme - looks and feels great! The one issue is seem to have on something I use often is the Voice Search "note to self" feature. It correctly interprets what I say, and puts up the form with the message filled in and the 'Send' and 'Cancel' buttons, but if I hit 'Send' it does a force close. Any thoughts if this is related to the ROM itself, or the DarkHorse gapps?

Note: Other Voice Search features seem to work fine, like 'navigate to ...' or the like without the force close, so I am assuming its some interaction with the 'note to self' interface to gmail?

Thanks!
It's probably Dark Horse, because I'm using RC8 currently and it worked just fine with no FC.

Quote:
I haven't flashed RC9 as of yet, but remember a previous post here stating how to get that back up and running. It wasn't overly complicated either. Good Luck.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development