PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 9/17/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

Chris.
I'm running the 3.28.651.1 rom and in the download link it says stock kernel, is this the original HTC Froyo Kernel or the new HTC Kernel that came with the leaked rom? The battery life was suppose to be better with this new release but it seems worse, or at least worse than the Netarchy kernel.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] 9/17/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Chris.
I'm running the 3.28.651.1 rom and in the download link it says stock kernel, is this the original HTC Froyo Kernel or the new HTC Kernel that came with the leaked rom? The battery life was suppose to be better with this new release but it seems worse, or at least worse than the Netarchy kernel.
this is the stock kernel from the latest leaked ota. sshot attached. Show check settings and see if its the same.
Attached Images
File Type: png snap20100917_195643.png (7.5 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK, its all good, battery life is improving after charging it up again. I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Just rooted my new Evo and flashed this ROM. Loving it so far as it maintains a stock feel to it, just what I like. Thanks Chris!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch vogue,pro
Carrier: sprint

lana0085 is a n00b

if i am running titanium backup and do a rom upgrade, will titanium backup reinstall all my apps and sms messages...if so then thanx, if not do you know how i can save eveything and reinstall it after rom upgrade....
Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana0085 View Post
if i am running titanium backup and do a rom upgrade, will titanium backup reinstall all my apps and sms messages...if so then thanx, if not do you know how i can save eveything and reinstall it after rom upgrade....
I don't know about SMS because I never back them up, but I believe that it can back them up, but for apps it will back up and you can restore them after every new ROM flash. I suggest donating 3.99 via PayPal to the developer to unlock hypershell within the app cuz it restore everything way way faster than doing it manually!
Old 09-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hand_Banana is a n00b

I just installed the latest ROM version, everything is smooth so far, and it may not belong here, but is there way around the Swype expiration? I know this post probably doesnt belong here, but i already tried google and I already tried uninstalling it and re-installing it and it still doesnt let me use it, even after I wiped my cache and davlike-cache. I checked the other forums and tried their soultions but none work so far. I dont mind purchasing it, since I love it, but I the Swype site won't even let you do that. Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand_Banana View Post
I just installed the latest ROM version, everything is smooth so far, and it may not belong here, but is there way around the Swype expiration? I know this post probably doesnt belong here, but i already tried google and I already tried uninstalling it and re-installing it and it still doesnt let me use it, even after I wiped my cache and davlike-cache. I checked the other forums and tried their soultions but none work so far. I dont mind purchasing it, since I love it, but I the Swype site won't even let you do that. Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.
Swype is included in the rom and is uninstallable if you wish. To date, I have never witnessed an expiration however I rarely use it. If anyone else can share their input let me know.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hand_Banana is a n00b

thanks, Chris I appreciate it, your ROMs rock, keep up the good work.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand_Banana View Post
thanks, Chris I appreciate it, your ROMs rock, keep up the good work.
I am using the 8/27 stand alone version and I have run into this with swype. The first time I used it I got the experation message and now it will only type via one key at a time like the default keyboard.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development