PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

quicdsm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 8/27/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun
Hey guys flashed two of my EVO phones to this rom last night. Both of the phones the voice mail is not working, can someone give me the fix for this.

Thanks,

Mikee

I never saw any response to this, did you get it fixed? And what specific version of the ROM did you use, date, all in one or no radios, etc?
Not sure if this will help you for Im new to the world of android. I do have exp with win mo just not droid. I had a similar prob with my evo and vm not working. I extracted the sprint_vvm.apk from the rom using root xplorer to a file on my sd card then ran the apk individually. It worked perfect. Hope it helps. I also had to do Sprint TV the same way.For some reason they did not update when i flashed.

Last edited by quicdsm; 09-09-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

quicdsm is a n00b
Re: [ROM] 8/27/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

Im new to Android, I rooted with unrevoked prior to installing this rom but it worked with no initial problems. That was the first froyo rom. I attempted to reflash (updated rom with new kernel) and this rom doesnt take. When i first flashed I did so and instructions were posted as a how to for the rom without the radios. (not the img.zip) I completed the radios separate.I cannot find nor remember the instrustions. Could someome refresh my memory or repost the instructions? Currently my software is

android 2.2
baseband 2.15.00.07.28
kernel 2.6.32.15-g746f4f0
htc kernal@and18-2 #58
Build 3.26.651.6CL218364 release keys
Software 3.26.651.6
webkit 3.1
PRI 1.40_003.

I am leaning towards starting over with the other root method as mentioned but i lack the confidence with android at this point. I have also not had any problems with other mods or aps that needed root so im not convinced that unrevoked is the culprit. I believe im not flashing the rom correctly.

thanks for any advice.

Dennis

Last edited by quicdsm; 09-09-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Hi, I just flashed the 8/27 standalone version of the ROM and haven't been able to get the weather on the home screen to work. It just says "My Location" with no representation image of the weather. I have my location turned on and the icon in the title bar shows it active. In previous versions once I turned my location on the weather just worked, but I can't get it to do anything even when I go to accounts and sync and manually sync everything.

Thanks,
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 09-11-2010, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

DonC is becoming a great contributor

wherestheanykey,
I just rooted and flashed my EVO for the first time tonight and had the same issue you are seeing with the weather. go to settings>location> and check "use wireless networks". Once I did that sense weather picked up my location within a few seconds.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC View Post
wherestheanykey,
I just rooted and flashed my EVO for the first time tonight and had the same issue you are seeing with the weather. go to settings>location> and check "use wireless networks". Once I did that sense weather picked up my location within a few seconds.
Thanks for the response, unfortunately in my case it was already checked. I tried unchecking and then re-checking that setting, but still no good. I did wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache prior to running the install. Should I be doing anything else?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to 802.11N wireless. Do I have to update my radio before this will work. I am using the netarchy-toastmod version of the kernel and baseband version 2.15.00.07.28.

Is anyone using wireless N, and if so what version of ROM, Kernel and Baseband do you have?

Edit: and what frequency is your N broadcast 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz?

Last edited by wherestheanykey; 09-12-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:08 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

My evo is saying " flash me now" It's having withdrawals.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Hi, I just flashed the 8/27 standalone version of the ROM and haven't been able to get the weather on the home screen to work. It just says "My Location" with no representation image of the weather. I have my location turned on and the icon in the title bar shows it active. In previous versions once I turned my location on the weather just worked, but I can't get it to do anything even when I go to accounts and sync and manually sync everything.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC View Post
wherestheanykey,
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Thanks for the response, unfortunately in my case it was already checked. I tried unchecking and then re-checking that setting, but still no good. I did wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache prior to running the install. Should I be doing anything else?
It turns out this problem fixed itself as soon as I connected the first time to a wireless internet connection, which in turn disabled my mobile network. After noticing the weather was working I turned wifi back off, restablished a 3G network connection and it has continued to work so far. So just in case anyone else runs into something like this, try this.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: sprint

dacoz21 is just getting started

Hey gusy,

Is anyone running into their phone randomly restarting for no reason. I am running the latest all in one SL rom. Could it be tied to me running juice defender?

Thanks
dacoz
Old 09-13-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Hey guys flashed two of my EVO phones to this rom last night. Both of the phones the voice mail is not working, can someone give me the fix for this.

Thanks,

Mikee
Have you tried to restart the phone? I know there was an issue a while back that the fix was just to restart and wait for a bit for the system to catch up.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development