View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 01:40 AM
wherestheanykey
PPCGeeks Regular

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 8/27/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Hi, I just flashed the 8/27 standalone version of the ROM and haven't been able to get the weather on the home screen to work. It just says "My Location" with no representation image of the weather. I have my location turned on and the icon in the title bar shows it active. In previous versions once I turned my location on the weather just worked, but I can't get it to do anything even when I go to accounts and sync and manually sync everything.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC View Post
wherestheanykey,
I just rooted and flashed my EVO for the first time tonight and had the same issue you are seeing with the weather. go to settings>location> and check "use wireless networks". Once I did that sense weather picked up my location within a few seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Thanks for the response, unfortunately in my case it was already checked. I tried unchecking and then re-checking that setting, but still no good. I did wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache prior to running the install. Should I be doing anything else?
It turns out this problem fixed itself as soon as I connected the first time to a wireless internet connection, which in turn disabled my mobile network. After noticing the weather was working I turned wifi back off, restablished a 3G network connection and it has continued to work so far. So just in case anyone else runs into something like this, try this.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15