PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

quicdsm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 9/23/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-

I noticed the update said " keyboard expiration fixed", but now i do not get the expired message just beeps when I try to use the swyping ability. How would i uninstall it if I wanted to try a different apk file? Have not unistalled any pre-installed programs before. BTW battery life rocks!! Used your TP2 updates.
Thanks,
Brad

Brad,

I was experiencing FC caused by swype although swype was not working. I extracted the z_swype.apk from the 3.29 rom from post 1(not all in one). I copied it to the root of my sd card then installed the app via root explorer. After reboot it worked perfect. In order to activate the app I had to select it from settings > language and keyboard > swype settings> tutorial. Once the tutorial is finished swype works perfect.

The apk is located in the rom 3.29xxx/data/app/z_Swype.apk
Hope this helps.

Chris , Thanx one again
Old 09-27-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: sprint

dacoz21 is just getting started
Re: [ROM] 9/23/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-

Chris,

Any plans on a SL rom with a Kernel that has HAVS?

Dacoz
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrone View Post
Just go to the problems tab on the homescreen of tb and download busy box again; that's how I got it to stop restarting the phone.
Dude I feel like a total noob rite now! Thanks given!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2

salhtcpro2 is a n00b

Help!
How are you CHRIS,
I flashed "OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v3.5
Sapphire themed w/ Stock Kernel" today from using the recovery method, but after flashing it my phone is stuck on the "white 4G and sprint animated screen'' and its not going to the main menu.
I then try to reset my phone to its the factory setting by going to the recovery mod but still it gets stuck at the same place...
I need help please...
what can I do to make my phone work ?
I'm downloading your zip file now but I can't copy it to the root of my sd card since I can't go to my phone's main menu to select sync from sd card...
is there another way to copy your file to the SD card ?
Old 09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Almost a VIP

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhtcpro2 View Post
Help!
How are you CHRIS,
I flashed "OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v3.5
Sapphire themed w/ Stock Kernel" today from using the recovery method, but after flashing it my phone is stuck on the "white 4G and sprint animated screen'' and its not going to the main menu.
I then try to reset my phone to its the factory setting by going to the recovery mod but still it gets stuck at the same place...
I need help please...
what can I do to make my phone work ?
I'm downloading your zip file now but I can't copy it to the root of my sd card since I can't go to my phone's main menu to select sync from sd card...
is there another way to copy your file to the SD card ?
Your first problem, sounds like you didnt do a wipe before you flashed, and if you can boot into recovery, you can enable USB from recovery
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2

salhtcpro2 is a n00b

thanks a lot CHRIS! I will do that now, but I did the wipe... I will try the USB now ... thanks again Chris
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Hey everybody, before I flash either of the two latest versions of the ROM, who has installed one version or the other and found swype to be working correctly right out of the gate? Who has isntalled either and found swype not to work?

Thanks,
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 09-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Hey everybody, before I flash either of the two latest versions of the ROM, who has installed one version or the other and found swype to be working correctly right out of the gate? Who has isntalled either and found swype not to work?

Thanks,
I did both and Swype was working flawless for me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cparuch is a n00b

When running the "all-in-one" In Hboot, it stats the update but when it get to "system" i keep getting a Fail-UZ. Now i cannot restore my previous roms and the phone will not boot. Help.

everything else updates ok.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparuch View Post
When running the "all-in-one" In Hboot, it stats the update but when it get to "system" i keep getting a Fail-UZ. Now i cannot restore my previous roms and the phone will not boot. Help.

everything else updates ok.
Try redownloading the file. It is a known issue that sometimes megaupload/4shared and other free hosting sites can screw up a .zip file.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development