PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Yeah I've done that. If i leave it enabled, I get 3 notifications.

Sent from my HTC Evo via the optional mind-link function.
I just saw your other post, you had beautiful widgets sms running too, huh. Glad you figured it out.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

Yea downloaded both the deodexed and odexed versions with no problem. It took me for ever to update my PRI I actually drove around town because obviously that does matter. Don't really know why but when I went near a Sprint store I knew had great 3G and 4G service the PRI updated. I think it was about my 12th time trying. Just ##786# - menu - restet - enter msl not a very big deal. why was it so important to do the PRI anyway.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

adenicol is just getting started

I got everything redone... double deleted all cache's, got 3.4 to come back after 4 tries and get the v3.0 rom back on and the camera is working right and it looks like data is working good as well...see how it works tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
Yea downloaded both the deodexed and odexed versions with no problem. It took me for ever to update my PRI I actually drove around town because obviously that does matter. Don't really know why but when I went near a Sprint store I knew had great 3G and 4G service the PRI updated. I think it was about my 12th time trying. Just ##786# - menu - restet - enter msl not a very big deal. why was it so important to do the PRI anyway.
Do you check if your chute is packed after you jump?

Now that you are on the most up to date PRI you MAY see better 3G data speeds. I do, OMJ says he does too. I measured before and after so I know it's not placebo. That doesnt mean you will see improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenicol View Post
I got everything redone... double deleted all cache's, got 3.4 to come back after 4 tries and get the v3.0 rom back on and the camera is working right and it looks like data is working good as well...see how it works tomorrow.
Atta Boy! Glad it's up and running for ya, the AM should be no different. Limit your mods/apps until you can check everything out and make sure the base ROM is sound.
Clarification-the ROM is sound, I meant your install of it.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-14-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrubiera View Post
I need help.... I was doing my wife phone the pri version did not worked so I try to upload the new OMJ CUSTOM ROM AND I GET A E: Failure at line 5. E: ERROR FINISHING BOOT WRITE_RAW_IMAGE PACKAGE BOOT.IMG BOOT INSTALLATION ABORTED my works fine except the pri version at this point i don't care. I just need to flash the new OMJ ROM.. MY WIFE IS VERY UPSET WITH ME. Can anybody help me....Thank you
I read thru netachy's thread and a few people got that error running clockwork recovery. Only suggestion I saw as to a solution is the rom.zip or the SD might have somehow gotten corrupt. I am pretty certain it has nothing to do with your attempting to update the PRI.

Out of curiosity, since you said yours worked and hers didn't....swap the SD cards, wipe her phone (all three wipes) and try to flash with your SD in her phone. If it works...then format her SD card and it should be ok.

If you still get the error then something on your phone does not like the netarchy kernel. Try flashing the previous OMJ...there really is not much of a difference between the two.

Last edited by Vegasden; 08-15-2010 at 12:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: Sprint pcs

wrubiera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to wrubiera

Thank you. I will try now. I keep everyone inform.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: Sprint pcs

wrubiera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to wrubiera

Ok guys let me give you the good news first. I was able to update to 2.1 Eclair without any problems. I try to update Froyo OMJ and I get the same error message
Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Wondering wath is EPST, cause im running OMJ v2 with custom kernel and wifi pre8, so i just want to know what is that if is a not big deal i gonna keep this room

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Ok guys let me give you the good news first. I was able to update to 2.1 Eclair without any problems. I try to update Froyo OMJ and I get the same error message
I think it's the kernel. I assume you swapped out SD cards and tried yours with hers? Then something about the SD or the kernel your wife's phone does not like.

Try this rom This is the OMJ ROM Froyo released 8/3 w/out the kernel. OMJ pulled them off the first page to clean things up. See if it works for you.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Good start Now did you re-download or just try the Froyo ROM you had?
Vegasden could be onto something, try the ROM he posted and let us know.
If it works it could be the kernel or it could be that your original download was bad. If his link works you can always add the kernel if you want later. If you get issue then you'll know it was the kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
Wondering wath is EPST, cause im running OMJ v2 with custom kernel and wifi pre8, so i just want to know what is that if is a not big deal i gonna keep this room

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
It's the software that allows the ## codes to work. If you dont use them dont sweat it, if you do you can just move this file to /system/app
EPST.apk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development