PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

adenicol is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Has anyone else had any 3g issues since updating their PRI or ROM? It took forever for my phone to take the PRI last night, about 50 tries before it would take and now I keep having a really slow connection and it keeps loosing 3g connection and I get a message that it can't connect try later. I redid the ##786# again tonight and had it reinstall everything but it still doesn't want to work. I have been sitting here for 5 minutes waiting for the market place to start downloading now and nothing is happening.

Any ideas what may be wrong?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

adenicol is just getting started

I give up..my PRI went back to 1.34. Don't know what is wrong with the thing but even with that PRI I can't access the internet and I went back to OMJ's Froya v2.1
Old 08-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

My pri stays in 1.34 after trying 6 times already ....im tired lol aka go back to omjs latest build
Old 08-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Your using ROM Manager? I downloaded really fast on my computer, but then OMJ wanted someone to test the ROM Manager download.

At this point I'm at 95%, I'm not starting over

Thanks for the input.
Ok...that's thru rom manager server...which I have never used because it's so slow.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-14-2010, 05:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

rhamburger is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenicol View Post
I give up..my PRI went back to 1.34. Don't know what is wrong with the thing but even with that PRI I can't access the internet and I went back to OMJ's Froya v2.1
I am having data issues too. I talked to a sprint rep and was told they were having problems with data service in my area (Atlanta). I was told it started last night.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

I am liking this deodexed rom so far. I have tried the theme iknowsquat suggested and it was pretty cool, however it did not come with the same background as the thread. This was a good thing cause I found the live wallpapers and that is really making this theme pretty cool... I am sure this will kill my battery, but heck does'nt this phone have a battery problem anyway...

thanks iknowsquat for pointing it me in the directions of this theme and thanks OMJ for the dedoxed ROM (v3.0).

later...tannerj
Old 08-14-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D - OMJ's Custom ROM

crensmeyer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
Here is what I did to make it work after 20+ unsuccesfull attempts:
1)backup, ##786#, wipe-reset
2)after reset shuts down the phone didn't let it come up again and took the battery out
3)put it back in and boot in bootloader
4)wipe, wipe cache
5) Flashed the latest 3.0 OMJ ROM (I don't think this step matters but i'm putting it here for consitency)
6)reboot, follow update screens, check PRI version and it's 1.4 from the first attempt
I didn't invent this, somebody mentioned this already but without details.
After that the data speed became really sloooow (about 100kbs each way). So
7)settings->system-update->update profile
and my speed now is back to the crapy 0.7-0.9Mbps at home as it was before - no noticable improvement
I think step 4 is the one that makes a difference - perhaps ##Data# does not clean cache properly
After countless tries over the last 2.5 days this method worked on the first attempt!

Thank you and Thanked!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Just a heads up that riptide has come up with a V4 to his great theme. The link to xda is somewhere in this thread but I'm at work and can't post it.

Live from Las Vegas.....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
I guess ill post this here and hope that someone can help me. Im using handcent and prefer it as my default messaging app. When I get a new message, both the handcent and the android notification popup in the notification bar. I've tried disabling the notification under settings but it still pops up. I've tried googling for an answer but im getting nowhere. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Evo via the optional mind-link function.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Just a heads up that riptide has come up with a V4 to his great theme. The link to xda is somewhere in this thread but I'm at work and can't post it.

Live from Las Vegas.....
I got your back Bro
It's on Post #1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=727117

Downloading now
Thanks for the heads up!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development