PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Scryptik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Mine charges with the phone off too. It won't charge with the phone on though...

I'm running the OMJ froyo that doesn't have any themes- the regular one, not the deodexed one, with the stock kernel and the radio and wimax updates installed.
I am running the deodexed Rom with stock kernel and not having any issues... do you have usb debugging on? I was having issues like that at one point in the past and turned debugging on and it corrected my issues.... worth a shot to try with and without it enabled

Sent from my "tricked out EVO" using tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scryptik View Post
I am running the deodexed Rom with stock kernel and not having any issues... do you have usb debugging on? I was having issues like that at one point in the past and turned debugging on and it corrected my issues.... worth a shot to try with and without it enabled

Sent from my "tricked out EVO" using tapatalk
I have USB debugging turned off. My job doesn't like us connecting devices to our computers so I turned USB debugging off to avoid any red flags with the boss.

I just turned USB debugging on to test... I got prompted to install drivers when I plugged it in. I canceled out of the found new hardware wizard, and I still can't charge through the computer's USB port unless the phone is turned off...
Old 08-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Hey guys im using the lastest rom version.
Its pretty good but the only things that bother is that the wifi sometimes works.

My friend has a captivate and he is using the same wifi im using.
Somehow my wifi dnt work but is says is still connected and his phones wifi works.

Is there something wrong with the kernal or rom.??

Help please
Old 08-06-2010, 06:54 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
Something to think about when you're cooking tonight OMJ, someone over at xda found the stock froyo launcher apk. HTC left it out in the froyo update the jerks:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745929
I think I'll leave it to the user to decide if they want to install after the fact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
I'm using 3.26.651.6 Froyo 2.1, stock kernel, not deodexed, tried flashing wimax again 2x but no luck...
I'm sure you have the correct wimax, but you could check your version via adb... other than that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working

adb shell
wimax_mtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Hey OMJ... quick question on this one..

I want to try out the red theme... BUT I don't want to lose my current one. I've got Titanium backup installed (btw thanks.. using your stuff from post1 here)...

what exactly do I want to backup when I'm in TB to get me back to where I am right now? Would I be better to back it all up through recovery mode and when I get bored/don't like this theme anymore just do a restore from there?

Is there anyone that's cooked up an on-the-fly theme manager? I saw some threads here and at XDA about cynogen(sp) doing some stuff in a 1.4 version.. but it seems to have died.

Thanks.

David
sorry, I'm not the TB expert...I use MyBackup Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I was getting ready to flash your rom right now.
I'm assuming you're doing odexed and deodexed.
If not, can I request a deodexed version?
I was planning a switching to your deodexed rom so I could try some themes.
yeah like Vegas said....themes need to be deodexed...
Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
what exactly do I want to backup when I'm in TB to get me back to where I am right now? Would I be better to back it all up through recovery mode and when I get bored/don't like this theme anymore just do a restore from there?
If you want to save everything as it is now...do a nandroid backup through recovery.

Titanium should really be used to save apps and data only. I think the great Chef Flipz sums up how to use this app better than anyone. It's a rant...but for good reason.
http://geekfor.me/faq/why-you-shouldnt-be-using/

Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

izzyforreal is just getting started

Does anyone know how to get the voice input button back on the keyboard? I have the "Show Voice Button" item enabled in Touch Inout Settings and I have rebooted, but it's still not there. Voice Input was one of the things I really liked about Android over WinMo...I want it back.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2010, 08:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

It appears the themes have some issue that need to be worked out. So, I'm holding off on the new themed ROMs tonight. When the theme issues are resolved I'll crank out the new roms

thx vegasden for lettin me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
Does anyone know how to get the voice input button back on the keyboard? I have the "Show Voice Button" item enabled in Touch Inout Settings and I have rebooted, but it's still not there. Voice Input was one of the things I really liked about Android over WinMo...I want it back.

Thanks
which keyboard & which ROM are u using? cuz both the stock keyboard & the PPCG keyboard have the voice input

Last edited by OMJ; 08-06-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Well i am still with omj 1.8 Tried 1.9 but deodexed roms don't play nice with what i run. i don't theme. i hate the retro clock and just eant to change that only. deodexed roms running clock widget i want removes sense/clock widget completley. 2.0 has a sh*t load of apps i've never seen, 2.1 has no apps at all, nether have tether working without kernel that changes cam ti 3 mp. almost ready to go to shiped rom, install update of froyo and wait for a root to reinstall thru titanium backup.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Ryno_666 is just getting started

Can the green on keyboard be changed to orange to match Google search? It's hard to see and that could make it beautiful if so.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
If you want to save everything as it is now...do a nandroid backup through recovery.

Titanium should really be used to save apps and data only. I think the great Chef Flipz sums up how to use this app better than anyone. It's a rant...but for good reason.
http://geekfor.me/faq/why-you-shouldnt-be-using/

Thanks... I was leaning toward nandroid.. but the backup is a little foreign to me.. thanks for the link... on to reading it now.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development