PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:45 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockavano View Post
I'm running the netarchy 2.2 version and my visual voicemail won't work! Now I don't know when I have voicemail or not. I just left my one again and nothing happened. I was messing around with Titanium backup. Should I just wipe everything and re-flash?
not sure but you may need to install Sprint Promotion

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1281035556

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
I'm having a issue with the location services on the newer builds. Namely, the weather location. I tried a build dated 7/26 and the location services work fine. Anything after that though, and the location shows up as a city 130 miles away from me. My other 2 EVOs are non rooted and work fine with the update. I also tried the Sprint lovers ROM and the location is not working with it either.

When I pull up Maps, it also initially shows me 130mi from my current location until the GPS gets a good fix.
which ROM? I'm not sure what would cause this....my ROMs are not heavily modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
I'm guessing this theme will not work on a odexed rom. If not can I just flash a deodexed rom over the odexed without wiping everything?
yes, I believe u need deodex....u should be fine w/o wiping, as the /data partitions are the same on both odex & deodex.....the deopdexing is only on the /system partition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gators2kt View Post
Thanks for the rom OMJ. I flashed this and now I can't use a few of the apps that I used to be able to. I get an error saying that my "device is missing android id" Also, my weather won't update and apparently there's no type of flash (flash lite or the ported flash 10.1) Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Robert
which ROM? kinda sounds like a bad flash...flash 10.1 is in the Froyo roms, not seeing any of those issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
question..I am running latest deodex OMJ (8-3) with the stock kernel and latest wireless tether app (2.05 pre7)..if I want to go with the new Netarchy kernel will wireless tether 2.05 pre7 work or do I need to go backwards to an earlier version? thanks
shouldn't need to, but go4it, if wifi tether don't work, install the earlier one...
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
using 2.1 with Netarchy Custom Kernel 3.7.6c - trying to dial *2 crashes the phone app
and did u install sprint promotion as just discussed?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1281035556
Old 08-05-2010, 07:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

hiero4life is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hows battery life, I'm running froyo v2.1 with custom kernel 3.7.6b. Battery life is pretty bad, I have stocks, news off. Weather 2hours Email 30 mins. Wifi,4g,GPS off. I'll try a few more days and see if it improves. Thanks for the ROM OMJ I started using your ROMs back on my Vogue top notch.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
question..I am running latest deodex OMJ (8-3) with the stock kernel and latest wireless tether app (2.05 pre7)..if I want to go with the new Netarchy kernel will wireless tether 2.05 pre7 work or do I need to go backwards to an earlier version? thanks

Pre 7 does not work for most with the latest kernel. Multiple reports in netarchy's XDA thread.
I used pre6 all day at work today.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

well good news on 4g. just got a signal on the way home in pittsburgh, slightly east of the city. mostly one bar, fired up speedtest app and got 5.7mb down! ran a few more tests and hit anywhere from 3.5 to 5mb with one bar. Very cool and just confirming that 4g works on OMJ latest deoxed. Thanks Ken. hopefully they turn it on completely here soon!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:51 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
well good news on 4g. just got a signal on the way home in pittsburgh, slightly east of the city. mostly one bar, fired up speedtest app and got 5.7mb down! ran a few more tests and hit anywhere from 3.5 to 5mb with one bar. Very cool and just confirming that 4g works on OMJ latest deoxed. Thanks Ken. hopefully they turn it on completely here soon!
sweet!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Pre 7 does not work for most with the latest kernel. Multiple reports in netarchy's XDA thread.
I used pre6 all day at work today.
thanks for the info...can I still find pre6 floating around?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
How did you get this to work. I flashed deodexed over odexed and only some of the items are working.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

gators2kt is a n00b

Yeah, sorry about that; rookie mistake. I'm running the latest eclair enamoRED rom. I used titanium backup and nandroid on separate occassions. Maybe a full wipe then reflash?
Thanks again,
Robert
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
thanks for the info...can I still find pre6 floating around?
u can find them all here....

http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...downloads/list
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development