PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: Sprint HTC Evo 4G Shipped ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
well help me out bud... im getting all kinds of errors using ur rom !! com.andriod, sence shuts off at times !! anyone else having these issues ?? do u think its something i installed ? n if i do flash this ruu will i be able to root again ??
If you flash the stock ROM, it will re-root your Evo 4G, always.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 06-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Re: Sprint HTC Evo 4G Shipped ROM

ok got that !! now will i be able to gain root again
Old 06-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Sprint HTC Evo 4G Shipped ROM

Quote:
ok got that !! now will i be able to gain root again
Excellent! Glad to help!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
well help me out bud... im getting all kinds of errors using ur rom !! com.andriod, sence shuts off at times !! anyone else having these issues ?? do u think its something i installed ? n if i do flash this ruu will i be able to root again ??
from what I've read, this update does not close the root exploit, sorry to hear about the trouble u are having, I saw your posts but I am not seeing any of that, maybe try wiping 2x...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

wooten409 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to wooten409

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
try extracting the rom.zip from the .exe, then copy to sdcard & flash like a custom.....not sure if it will work, but give it a try.

Follow these instructions to find the rom.zip:
I've tried that also and it doesnt work.. anyone have an idea of how to unroot??!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten409 View Post
I've tried that also and it doesnt work.. anyone have an idea of how to unroot??!!!
you're suppose to be able to just flash the shipped rom.....I havent done it personally but I'm sure someone has.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten409 View Post
ok...
so this is how u would do it.
make sure u r plugged in.
turn the phone off.
push and hold the bottom vol button and hit power on the top.
then from the menu select "fastboot" and stay in that screen.
then start the shipped rom .exe from your computer.

hope that helps.

edit:
i just did it myself about 10 min ago... im not sure if i pushed the bootlosder or not before i flashed... so if the exe fails try pushing bootloader from inside fastboot and then start the .exe again.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 06-11-2010 at 04:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
you're suppose to be able to just flash the shipped rom.....I havent done it personally but I'm sure someone has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok...
so this is how u would do it.
make sure u r plugged in.
turn the phone off.
push and hold the bottom vol button and hit power on the top.
then from the menu select "fastboot" and stay in that screen.
then start the shipped rom .exe from your computer.

hope that helps.

edit:
i just did it myself about 10 min ago... im not sure if i pushed the bootlosder or not before i flashed... so if the exe fails try pushing bootloader from inside fastboot and then start the .exe again.

simply flashing the shipped rom works fine. no need to put in bootloader. i did this quite a bit last nite. i used the "other" rooting method instead of the real rooting method. flashing back to two different stocks to be able to root properly.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

i have never done this on android and would like to reset my rooted evo back to factory settings... is it possible to do this with these ruu files? also it is like on windows mobile? also, i clicked the link and there are 2 files... how do i know which one to use?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
i have never done this on android and would like to reset my rooted evo back to factory settings... is it possible to do this with these ruu files? also it is like on windows mobile? also, i clicked the link and there are 2 files... how do i know which one to use?
It will put you back to stock. Yes, it is like WinMo mostly. the older one is the ROM the phone came with and the newer one is the ROM after the OTA update (I believe).

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Tags
android, htc evo, sprint, wdm, whosdaman