PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 12:43 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: Sprint HTC Evo 4G Shipped ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88
silly winmo boys...
no need for all this ROM hubbub... just get 2.2, root... and customize... lol roms.... its android... its pretty stable as it is... and functional... and pretty... and well... open source
You are exactly right about that.........but I've never been a Windows Mobile fanboy....I was just excited about making roms for it! Now I can get a good start at Android.......and PLEASE let me know where I can find 2.2 and a kitchen to customize it for the EVO and I will do JUST THAT!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:39 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
silly winmo boys...
no need for all this ROM hubbub... just get 2.2, root... and customize... lol roms.... its android... its pretty stable as it is... and functional... and pretty... and well... open source
really? we'll be running Froyo while u wait for Sprint , sure the official release *may* be around the corner, but there's always a waiting game, unless you go custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
You are exactly right about that.........but I've never been a Windows Mobile fanboy....I was just excited about making roms for it! Now I can get a good start at Android.......and PLEASE let me know where I can find 2.2 and a kitchen to customize it for the EVO and I will do JUST THAT!
lol, what u just described.... IS A CUSTOM ROM
Old 05-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
really? we'll be running Froyo while u wait for Sprint , sure the official release *may* be around the corner, but there's always a waiting game, unless you go custom.

k here beta build...
http://balsat.hopto.org/download.php...yo_BETA.tar.gz

its from balsats site,... all i know
Your welcome
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasfool View Post
If what some are saying about the SD card problems being related to an early release of the OS are true, then the official, shipped, Sprint rom may be useful to fix their bug.
um ... wow... im not even gonna ridicule you...
the shipped rom that was linked, is the ROM that the phone came SHIPPED with... it is its original form in all entirety..
ppcgeeks is not what it once was...

i think i started noticing this when a bunch of people in the city had a TP2, obviously not even knowing what it is...

hehe.... now even OPRAH has an Evo on 4G... Actually, shes the first I saw with one....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G

dasfool is just getting started

As much as you'd like I take offense to your post, it's not going to happen. I was simply trying to be helpful. Are you saying you've never seen a phone have more than one shipped rom?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

whoa whoa... yea see i have no prob with upgraded roms (unofficially) i mean no need for all the cooking
Old 06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasfool View Post
As much as you'd like I take offense to your post, it's not going to happen. I was simply trying to be helpful. Are you saying you've never seen a phone have more than one shipped rom?
yea... but only one shipped... then a shipped upgrade rom
EDIT:
SHIKAKA
The great white bat!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

mrpigg is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to mrpigg Send a message via Skype™ to mrpigg

one more day
Old 06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
iondokk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
just cooked my first EVO ROM , too bad I can't test it yet
OMJ you absolutly rock now that's what I'm talkin about...
My Diamond will be officially retired tomorrow with an OMJ ROM on it...
Old 06-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

the shipped ROM IS useful for finding that bit of code that's causing the SD card problem. Its a software issue and IT IS in the ROM.

shipped ROM is the basics where the packages come from. custom ROM scenes started from reverse engineering the ROM's that existed in the shipped devices...then came the leaked builds...and then came the EXT packages that get shoved into a kitchen.

I thought most of us geekers know this.

Most, if not ALL, of our beloved PPC's have shipped ROMs (stock) floating out there...which is a sure sign that work on the software side is being done by the chefs and modders.

So whoever might have said that shipped ROM is not a big deal...should think about where custom ones really start from.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Tags
android, htc evo, sprint, wdm, whosdaman