PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Is this also the dialer that has the perpetually lit data connection bars? Just want to check before I flash it!

EDIT: To answer my own question, I think it is. My data icon didn't go dormant in the 15 mins I had this on my phone!
Hmmmm weird considering its a 2g dialer, will investigate though.. I've had no issues with battery performance and I have been using this dialer for a few weeks now.

As OMJ noted though, more than worth it even if this is the case, especially on sense 2.5 roms..
Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

What's so great about this Leo dialer vs, lets say - the Rhodium one that we were just using?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

kennya is a n00b

My text messages are all weird.

Backed up all info including text messages with PIM.
Flashed OMJ's rom.
Restored PIM backup.
Now whenever I get new text messages, they don't show up at the top. Instead they are in the middle so I have to scroll down to find new messages.

Anyone have this problem?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
What's so great about this Leo dialer vs, lets say - the Rhodium one that we were just using?
I find it more responsive, seems to use less memory, and looks better in my opinion. Only for Sense 2.5 though.. crashes when you press on all contacts in sense 2.1 ...
Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
the big plus for me & others is that when you have FaceBook setup, it will now display the contacts current FB pic....when using the rhodium dialer it would display the original phonebook pic
Old 01-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
the big plus for me & others is that when you have FaceBook setup, it will now display the contacts current FB pic....when using the rhodium dialer it would display the original phonebook pic
that's actually pretty cool, I need to flash me a new sense rom.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

OMJ,

I have the 1.7 Kitchen but as you confirmed in the ROM thread, the 2.1 updates are not included. Now that I've flashed the updated 2.1 ROM and have noticed that everything is running smooth, I wanted to cook my own ROM with the updated files (I wanna replace ezinput 2.1 with 1.5, and take out a few programs that I dont use, etc.)

Can you let me know where I need to put the updated 2.1 files in the kitchen folder before I cook a ROM? Like you posted in the ROM thread, the following things were updated:

-Added Kimi's Calender & Email mods
-Added Kimi's WeatherWallpaper mod
-Added Gen. Y service pack 1.1
-Added Opera auto-rotate fix

I can get the cab/manila files from XDA and then use something like Cab2Oem2Ext to convert them to OEM. I just dont know where to put the files and if there is anything else I need to do before I cook the ROM with the updated files.

BTW, you've done a great job with the ROMs so far...THANK YOU!!

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
OMJ,

I have the 1.7 Kitchen but as you confirmed in the ROM thread, the 2.1 updates are not included. Now that I've flashed the updated 2.1 ROM and have noticed that everything is running smooth, I wanted to cook my own ROM with the updated files (I wanna replace ezinput 2.1 with 1.5, and take out a few programs that I dont use, etc.)

Can you let me know where I need to put the updated 2.1 files in the kitchen folder before I cook a ROM? Like you posted in the ROM thread, the following things were updated:

I can get the cab/manila files from XDA and then use something like Cab2Oem2Ext to convert them to OEM. I just dont know where to put the files and if there is anything else I need to do before I cook the ROM with the updated files.

BTW, you've done a great job with the ROMs so far...THANK YOU!!
+1 on this.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

Here you go: HTCSense_2_1_Tweaks.zip

In the zip there are five EXT packages. Just put them in your kitchen in the EXT section somewhere after the manila sense 2.1 package. (lower directories in overwrite files higher than it which is what you want). I would suggest that you put the 1.1 service pack right below the original manila sense 2.1 package.

I assumed you were speaking of Opera10 rotation, that package makes no difference where you place it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Here you go: Attachment 56353

In the zip there are five EXT packages. Just put them in your kitchen in the EXT section somewhere after the manila sense 2.1 package. (lower directories in overwrite files higher than it which is what you want). I would suggest that you put the 1.1 service pack right below the original manila sense 2.1 package.

I assumed you were speaking of Opera10 rotation, that package makes no difference where you place it.
Thanks for the files..that makes things a LOT easier.

From what I understood, I put the files in the following folder.

OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.7 > EXT > Shared > 030_Sense_2.1_1920

So in this folder, there is the Sense 2.1 folder ("Manila 2_1_19202517_0_VGA_CFC").

I put the "Manila_2_1_Gen_Y_Service_Pack_1_1" folder right below the above folder and then the rest of the folder were placed underneath it.

Is that right or did I screw something up?

*** EDIT ***

I just cooked a new ROM after making the changes and everything works great. Thanks again!!

Last edited by aeropatel; 01-20-2010 at 08:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development